not a dig at si

Firstly, I would just like to point out this is in no way a rant to SI just an annoyance towards the contract re-negiotain stage.

Anyway quite a while ago I posted a thread about a regen i wanted members opinions on. At the time i was in the brazilian third division and the general consensus was that many were top league managers so didn't really have an idea on his potential etc. However i smashed my transfer record and bought the lad for 8k (hehe) and for any interested here he is then:

mussacalidjaloprofileat.png

He has literally been my best buy on FM for a long time and he has been my club captain since 19 or 20. At times he has been wanted by everton and other top ten premier league clubs. My only sort of regret is him not progressing at a top premier club, as with top facilities decent tutors I think he could have been top class.

Here he is presently:

mussacalidjaloprofileat.png

and who are interested in him:

mussacalidjaloprofiletr.png

he will be out of contract in 8/9 months and he just will not even negotiate, and when I say he I mean his moron agent who apparantly doesn't like me.

I mean i've tutored the lad I'm in his favoured personell and the club is his favoured. however recently he has become a whore in terms of favoured personell with a list of about 20 people..

like i say it's not a dig at SI but something that a think should be sorted by fm 2012 as I think in real life the guy would drop his agent, tell him to sort it out or even actually say to me that he wants to move to a different club, rather than this.

cheers adam

I think in real life, the lad would feel like he needs to move to a bigger club to realize his full earning and playing potential. He would probably also feel awful about leaving you after all you've done for him.

He'd probably let his agent know that he wants a big contract at a bigger club than his current, and he'd probably not say much to you about it, other than "Thank you."

Drop his agent? For you? Don't be ridiculous! You're his manager, not his fiance :lol:

recently he has become a whore in terms of favoured personell with a list of about 20 people..

This is something that can get very silly, you can work hard with a player and turn him from a Conference South reserve team player into a Champions League winner and praise his performances week in, week out without getting on his favoured personnel list, as soon as another manager says "Oh yes, he has a nice wiggle, I like the cut of his jib", he'll fall madly in love.

This is something that can get very silly, you can work hard with a player and turn him from a Conference South reserve team player into a Champions League winner and praise his performances week in, week out without getting on his favoured personnel list, as soon as another manager says "Oh yes, he has a nice wiggle, I like the cut of his jib", he'll fall madly in love.

This does annoy me as well.

uh ? sorry to dissapoint you, but personally I would not have even signed him in the 1st place, and you said he has major interested from the top 10 premier league clubs ? I can not see 1 single premier league club that is shown in the major interest list screenshot there.

uh ? sorry to dissapoint you, but personally I would not have even signed him in the 1st place, and you said he has major interested from the top 10 premier league clubs ? I can not see 1 single premier league club that is shown in the major interest list screenshot there.

He said at times, that picture was obviously not taken at one of those times.

And I'd say for the Brazilian Third Division he would be a great signing, not sure who you are managing but if it was a big club then no, it would be stupid to sign him unless he has an astonishing potential.

If his agent wont talk to you about him signing a new contract then its seems like its time to let him go to bigger club and contiune to improve. At 22 there is still a few years of development for him at a bigger club inside europe and his value has already sored under you're tutoring. My advice let him leave with 8 months left on his contract, take the profit and reinvest it in some more young talent.

If you do sell him be intresting to see how he develops at one of the bigger teams in europe.

Archived