Getting the old staff back

Is there any possibility of getting back staff who left the club when their contracts expired ? It seems that none of the staff who left the club ages ago would not agree to enter contract discussions. (Obvious bug, which probably is not going to be fixed like usual)

Now that there is no good enough reminder about expiring contracts, I've lost some of the best coaches I could get. Did anyone had any luck signing them again or can it be done using an editor ?

They won't go back to their previous employer. If they've been employed somewhere else for a while I believe you can buy them back, assuming you're not disliked by them.

The contract expiry reminder news item that shows up at 1y, 6m, 3m, 1m before expiry isn't good enough?

I do believe you can simply move them to any club, incluing your own, with one of the community-made editors.

Now that there is no good enough reminder about expiring contracts, I've lost some of the best coaches I could get

Yeah it only warns you twice in the final month of their contracts. Oh and 6 months before. And a year before.

In relation to this, one odd thing I have found is that some staff just will not extend their contracts. You go to offer them a contract and they refuse to even enter into negotiations. After 4/5 quite successful years at the club they just want to leave and become unemployed and refuse to even talk to you regarding renewing their contract? I'm not talking about older members of staff either who are due to retire.

Very annoying when its a scout as well when you've built up a massive knowledge base.

The contract expiry reminder news item that shows up at 1y, 6m, 3m, 1m before expiry isn't good enough?

No, that's not enough for me. There should be a reminder on the last day of the contract and such an important message should be marked as "Must Respond".

Yeah it only warns you twice in the final month of their contracts. Oh and 6 months before. And a year before.

If my club is short on cash, I'm not prepared to lose money by offering an improved contract a year, six months or even a week before expiration.

Well if these coaches are so important to you then maybe you should be prepared to offer them a contract a week before their old one expires. If you're so desperate just create a reminder. Oh and since it happens on the same day EVERY YEAR, I don't see what you're complaining about. It isn't SI's fault you have a bad memory.

You could make use of the note feature to create custom reminders on the staff members' contract expiry dates. I'm afraid that won't be a "must respond" item, but at least it'll show up in your inbox on the final day.

Well if these coaches are so important to you then maybe you should be prepared to offer them a contract a week before their old one expires. If you're so desperate just create a reminder. Oh and since it happens on the same day EVERY YEAR, I don't see what you're complaining about. It isn't SI's fault you have a bad memory.

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns, sir. The memory will be thoroughly tested with memtest86 and will be replaced upon necessity.

You could make use of the note feature to create custom reminders on the staff members' contract expiry dates. I'm afraid that won't be a "must respond" item, but at least it'll show up in your inbox on the final day.

I'm very fond of your advice, but that remark about contract reminders was a little deviation that has little to do with the main point of the thread. I would gladly hear any advice you could provide about getting my staff back. Thank you.

I would gladly hear any advice you could provide about getting my staff back. Thank you.

If they're currently out of contract and you are their last employer, AFAIK you can't (they won't listen to you). Your best bet is probably finding a memory/savegame editor in the Editor's Hideout that can alter their contract data to put them back at your club.

You do that. Sir.

The memory was found faulty indeed, as it could not remember the thread's topic for some reason. The new party will be sent to you shortly.

If they're currently out of contract and you are their last employer, AFAIK you can't (they won't listen to you). Your best bet is probably finding a memory/savegame editor in the Editor's Hideout that can alter their contract data to put them back at your club.

Alright, thanks. Editor seems the only way.

Archived