Team outside the top divisions that you're most excited about?

As above really, you can't choose the EPL,La Liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Serie A or any other top divisions in the country you've selected.

So what lower league side are you most excited about in FM 12?

I'm really excited about using my local team (where I'm a season ticket holder) Tonbridge Angels in the Blue Square South but apart from that I think that AFC Wimbledon would be quite good to use, especially after promotion.

What about you lot?

Colwyn bay most likely, I like the idea of developing them and having welsh players come through (I'm not welsh, but I like the underdog).

Fair enough. I love bringing players through and seeing them develop in the side. I hope to do that with the Angels. :)

I'm really excited about using my local team (where I'm a season ticket holder) Tonbridge Angels in the Blue Square South but apart from that I think that AFC Wimbledon would be quite good to use, especially after promotion.

Ah, excellent! They were promoted for real then? I'm currently playing a long lower league management save. I started the game with BSP/BSN/BSS loaded and went on holiday for a year. I chose one of the newly promoted teams into the BSS that year which happened to be Tonbridge Angels! Now I'm in 2021 and we're currently sitting pretty in League 2 hopefully to be promoted this season! I'm enjoying the game a lot and if I do a similar save for FM12 then I can see me choosing them again. :)

Swindon. Not just cause I'm a fan, but because of the complete squad rebuild. It will be interesting to see what I can do with a bunch of players that have never played in England, and also cause we just signed Lukas Magera who looks pretty decent on 11 :D

So excited to finally play Brighton with a chance of succeeding, previously finances and reputation held me back but shouldn't be a problem now. As a Brighton Season Ticket holder I hope they do just as well for real as i'm going to do for them in fm12 ;)

Oh and Malaga/PSG for the money will be fun, and Sunderland are always a good game (I know they are in the top division)

Desamparados and Brown de Puerto Madryn, it's their first in the Argentina's 2nd division, they can be a pretty challenge. Also, Brazil's 3rd division in general (Someone mentioned it and I tried out Ituiutaba, it was pretty hard but managed to promote them, but only that, because then I lost in the semi-finals against Juventude 1-2 and 1-1). And lower England teams are also great for some challenge

I always play with low league teams. One of my favourites is Oriental from Lisbon in Portuguese third level. I like the name, managing a small team in the shadow of the big ones in the same town.

I dream of taking a low league team like that and transforming it to a big team on national and international level, but it never works in FM. But then, very little works in FM if you try to do things on your own way.

I always play with low league teams. One of my favourites is Oriental from Lisbon in Portuguese third level. I like the name, managing a small team in the shadow of the big ones in the same town.

I dream of taking a low league team like that and transforming it to a big team on national and international level, but it never works in FM. But then, very little works in FM if you try to do things on your own way.

Never works?.. it is insanely ease to turn a small team into a big team.. just takes a long time sometimes.. 10+ years and you'll be filthy rich and then its ease :)

Havnar Bóltfelag - Faroe Islands!

Still havent won CL or EL with them.. :( got to the quarter finals once though :D

almost sounds like its worth a try becouse of the club name

on a more serious note, at some point, probably early on to learn the game, I will play Deportivo de La Coruña

Cádiz CF - Spanish Segunda B4.

Featuring quite a few players on loan from Granada CF, plus several young Udinese players too. 24,500 capacity stadium with around 7,000 season ticket holders.

Nice but (should be...) relatively easy challenge to mirror the consecutive promotions achieved by Granada CF in the last two seasons. The link between the two clubs is Quique Pina, Granada CF president, who has brought his father in to run things at Cádiz.

Deportivo La Coruna in Segunda División this season. Not so long ago they were one of the most exciting teams in Europe and challenging Spain's big two. I'm guessing that chronic finances as with nearly all Spanish clubs led to their demise. I will bring back their glory days.

Archived