Football Manager podcast series 5

The first episode of the series of the Football Manager podcast is now available from iTunes.

SI studio director, Miles, hosts the podcast, with guests Ashley Rose from Kick, Michael Swah from T3, Anna Downing, producers Chris and Andrea, and engineer Russ.

In the first episode of the new serie10s, Miles goes into more detail on some of the announced FM12 new features, plays 10 rounds of feature roulette, where some new features are revealed, and there’s football chat with Premier League predictions, a European transfer update, and lots more besides.

You can download it today by subscribing via iTunes - click here

N.B It can take up to 24 hours for it to show in the iTunes Store listing apparently. If you're subscribed already, or click subscribe if you're not, it will still download the latest one straight away.

UPDATE (10/9/11 9:00 AM):

The second podcast is now live on the store. If you're a subscriber it should download automatically. If you're not it will show up if you do subscribe but will once again take a couple of hours to appear in the store listings. :)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Miles say "Atlético signed Júlio Alves from...hum.....rio....in....Brazil..."?

Hahaha.

Júlio Alves is Bruno Alves' younger brother and he was at Rio Ave, from Portugal. I'm sure we're a small country (though an Englishman should remember us fondly from a couple of nice penalty shoot-outs), but "rio....in...Brazil"? I thought it was hilarious.

New Features announced in Podcast 1:

Entertainment factor is now calculated by the match engine - match feedback now contains feedback about the entertainment levels of the game

Supported types are modelled, with Loyalty, Passion, Affluence, Temperment and Patience influencing their behaviour

Improved animation for contact points for kicking a medium-height ball

Multi-box class has been re-factored

Calender time-bar now shows previous results rather than just fixtures

When asking for a new contract, trophies and allowing time to see through youth movement can be discussed

When a new stadium is built, there is an 'expected attendence' field which can increase attendences more realistically

For a full list of announced new features:

http://footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Football_Manager_2012

I have questions relating to the podcast.

Regarding "manage anywhere anytime", i guess the leagues made live later in the game pull all payer through at that stage, ie if you find out Chile is the best market for your type of player then by making that a "live" league later in a save game you could then access that region of players even if you didnt want to manage there?

Also you can make leagues live and make them unlive but what if you make a league unlive then later make it live again, is this possible and if you did would it upload the start up database or the revised database as it was when the country was made unlive?

Hope that makes sense and there is an SI response.

Great start to the new series of the podcast. Shame it isn't weekly though. Really needs a proper jingle for feature roulette

((((|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|)))) ıllı

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ♭ ♮ ♯

It's gonna take tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime...

Just a couple minutes time...

It's gonna take very little time...

For rou-lette... for rou-lette... for rou-lette... for rou-lette... for rou-lette...

For Feature Rou-lette now!

(With apologies to George Harrison).

Not to be crass, but I found the endless talk about transfers boring. I thought they were going to talk about the game. The feature roulette couldn't have been more than 10 minutes, and the whole thing lasted 86...

Should have done 666 and 69 though! :D They got a tad irate at that :D

Yeah do. It's all my fault :(

The only place to download it is through iTunes I'm afraid.

Then, with the greatest respect, Bertie BG, that needs to be sorted. You need to give people alternatives as not everyone wants to use Apple software. I include myself in this as a. I don't own any Apple devices nor do I intend to and b. I find installing Apple software on my PC slows down and clogs up my computer.

Otherwise, you're going to alienate parts of your customer base e.g. myself, who have bought every version of FM / CM (in the old days) since the 1990's.

What you post here is a very. very poor customer response.

Then, with the greatest respect, Bertie BG, that needs to be sorted. You need to give people alternatives as not everyone wants to use Apple software. I include myself in this as a. I don't own any Apple devices nor do I intend to and b. I find installing Apple software on my PC slows down and clogs up my computer.

Otherwise, you're going to alienate parts of your customer base e.g. myself, who have bought every version of FM / CM (in the old days) since the 1990's.

What you post here is a very. very poor customer response.

+1 (10 characters)

Miles - sorry mate, but that has to be the worst podcast you've done. If I want endless lists of who has been transferred then I can look it up on the internet. Totally sleep inducing (maybe that's just me getting old!)

That is a bit harsh :-) however Feature Roulette is a waste of time (feels condescending to me!), just let us know a few new game details without the sham. Can you really imagine Miles saying "No. 237 - Oh we didnt want to announce this yet but now we must - the 3d match engine will be in true 3d", No I dont think so. And what was the point of blank numbers????? just make 69 & 666 features that you want "out there" ASAP. Otherwise loved the pod and actually the IRL football transfer stuff was interesting to me, and related back to FM in some cases.

Did I hear Miles claiming Criscito had moved to Genoa this summer? Didn't that happen last year? Same for Didier Zokora, sure I heard Miles saying he'd joined Sevilla this year, that was last year or even the year before wasn't it?

The RSS channnel is this:

http://downloads.sigames.com/download/podcast.xml

Sorry if someone had already posted it. You can put this address in any podcast client, and it will subscribe. Or, you can straight up visit that link, and it lists all the podcasts. I use the Zencast Organiser - anyone who uses it, just press subscribe in the top left, then paste that address.

I enjoyed it. I'm sure when some more features of the game are announced, they'll talk about the game a bit more. Maybe need even bigger writing on the list of transfers to keep PSV and PSG separate :D

@Pangaea - 666 and 69 were blank feature roulette squares I think.

also agree that the drills were in 3d would be great to choose the 11 starting players on the team not to mention that you could devise some set pieces and absences were also well prepared, one thing I also would like it to be possible, is that the moment we are having a conversation with one of our players in private conversation, we could type the words that we liked best, including also the press conference!!

TIP ONLY ONE THAT I THINK WOULD HAVE A LITTLE MORE OF EMOTION WOULD BE THE TRAINING, THE PLAYERS SHOULD BE ON WAY 3D tactical training - TECHNICAL - FRAME PLAYS - TRAINING OF FOULS AND ETC ...

SO THE GAME WILL HAVE IN MY POINT OF VIEW AND IN MY HUMBLE OPINION MORE EMOTION.

anything, dribbling the tricks should be more realistic movement of the tricks goals realixtas a little more .... I see feints are not only seen the player to catch the ball and run with the ball ..... the movement of players should be a little more realistic ... the size of the players a bit more ..... the face of dolls tbem or interface should be improved .....

For example choose the leasing stage, arrange travel to games abroad, branded hotels in the case of games abroad. To organize games or tournaments abroad. All that the image of reality.

Option of going with the team on preparations (training camp)

-When you win an option to watch the trophy ceremony after the game

- More iterations with the fans and referees

training session should be improved. If we could see the players training that would help us find out more about the players. choosing the specific exercises and test some tactics during training.

-Option to put the price on tickets for each game

Option to sign with sponsors

More-option to control the finances (merchandise)

Miles - sorry mate, but that has to be the worst podcast you've done. If I want endless lists of who has been transferred then I can look it up on the internet. Totally sleep inducing (maybe that's just me getting old!)

I'm not a long-term listener of the pod (listened to the 2 previous ones only iirc) and I'm afraid I agree - it did seem quite a dragged out episode.

I think the format doesn't help, an hour and half is quite long. It's hard to keep up the entertainment non-stop through that long.

Second the wincing at the hour and a half download time. On the plus side, it takes me a month to listen to it at that length.

Only other complaint, as a headphone listener, please, when you're sat by a microphone and the red light is on, don't be stuffing crisps, biscuits, sandwiches, sides of ham, popcorn, bags of kittens and what have you into your gob and chewing, it's really, really unpleasant.

If you ever repeat the public podcast experiment, can I volunteer to sit by Mile's lug hole and chew loudly into it with a variety of foodstuffs at inopportune moments?

Not an hour and half to download. The podcast is 1.5 hours long.

It's too long to listen to. Short bursts, we did a study in work and the most people were willing to listen to was between 17 and 23 minutes.

Concise. To the point. Fun.

Archived