need to buy a striker

this is a tough one. the guy i used to have was an absolute star problem is irl he's all attracting attention from the big clubs, finally, and i dont like being unrealistic.

i already have a decent poacher, and a kid with some good shooting/dribbling stats who supports him well. but i'm short in this department.

bought a player for 15m in a previous save and all he wanted to do was pass the ball back to the midfield.

how can one determine if a striker will run at the goal or just do very little of use? one thing's for sure i wont be spending 15m this time.

there are no attributes that say "will run at the goal" so how do you know??

thanks

It all depends on how your team plays, chances are if your old striker was passing the ball back he either had the PPM holds up ball or there were no options for him infront. I would suggest if you only want him going forward a quick striker set as a target man( in tactical set up not player role) and have him running onto through balls but make sure you midfield is able to supply him with these kind of balls. Again a striker playing the ball back tends to suggest that he is isolated upfront make sure you have wingers or midfielders moving forward and creating space for the striker to exploit.

Well, my kid striker gets the ball deep and runs straight at the defence. This new one just wont go towards the goal, just passes the ball back. His only ppm is plays with back to goal, maybe that's it? Have never encountered this problem before

Well, my kid striker gets the ball deep and runs straight at the defence. This new one just wont go towards the goal, just passes the ball back. His only ppm is plays with back to goal, maybe that's it? Have never encountered this problem before
Well, if his back is facing the goal, he won't be able to go forward, will he?

Well thats the reason then!!

Archived