Contracts are wrong.

The contract just seem to be wrong in this game, far too many add ons being asked for. An average player wants £50k a week + 20k selection bonus even though he is a first team player.

Also i have a side game going with Boro in the Championship. In January i fall accross Fabian Brandy who has been released from his contract. He wants 5k a week + 1k Selection Bonus and a £450 goal bonus. I get him down to £3,300 but i dont want to shift from £2,500 and certainly dont want the £1k Apperance bonus. Eventually i offer £2,300 + 1k Appperance Bonus and he rejects and walks away.

Two days later he signs for Southampton £1,100 - £110 Apperance fee -£110 Goal Bonus. Ridiculously unrealistic

You have a good point, if it were not for the fact that every player i try to sign regardless of club or precieved personality seems to be the same way. Brandy was just an example.

My Boro side are top of the leauge as higest scorers and Southampton are 22nd. Morale in my squad is super high and the mediaa expected a mid table run.

Did you offer him guaranteed first team football tho? How many strikers do you have at your club already? The other thing is that being Boro you will have a better rep than Southampton he may have thought he could squeeze more money out of you because your a bigger club. Signing on fee's can also make a big difference, you can take a massive chunk off a wage request by chucking the agent or player some extra money, its the only way i can keep my budget down to be honest, i dont sign many players so i use most of my money throwing players huge signing on fee's so i can keep their wages down, i have two world class rep players on less than £40k a week but i give them and their agents £1-2m every couple of seasons.

Haha you can't win, if they go to a higher team for less it's because they have a better rep etc, if they go to a lower team it's because they thought they could get more money from you. :p

Could find an excuse for everything really, but if we're honest it's obviously not functioning quite right. You can be the most successful team in the world and still have issues with contracts. Throwing money at agents may be a workaround but it doesn't solve the problem, and many clubs have a reasonable budget but not the kinda money to throw at agents anyway.

It's completely put me off trying a long term LLM game as I don't see how it would be possible.

LLM is FM11 definitely possible and good fun. Players prices themselves out of contracts all the time, and demand as much money as possible. The other thing is in the situation described its not like he turned the OP down for less money at Southampton, he couldnt agree terms with him, so broke off negotiations, he then started negotiations with Southampton and came to an agreement.

The contract just seem to be wrong in this game, far too many add ons being asked for. An average player wants £50k a week + 20k selection bonus even though he is a first team player.

Those your in game findings or real life? If real life, prove it. If in game, give some real life examples and figures to give yourself a leg to stand on

LLM is FM11 definitely possible and good fun. Players prices themselves out of contracts all the time, and demand as much money as possible. The other thing is in the situation described its not like he turned the OP down for less money at Southampton, he couldnt agree terms with him, so broke off negotiations, he then started negotiations with Southampton and came to an agreement.

Why would he agree far less all of a sudden when he's made his demands clear(and I'm not sure how you know Southampton hadn't already approached him)? Would he really walk away or would he say "I'll think about it" and then sign when he realises all other offers are lower?

Of course if what you suggest was the case then you could offer a contract at the same time and he would demand the lower wages. What's the betting that doesn't happen and he still walks away? Negotiations are way off on the game.

He made his demands to Boro, not to Southampton. Again all number of things can affect those negotiations. There were no other offers when he was negotiation with Boro and again when negotiating with Southampton unless the OP has missed part of the story.

Your hypothetical question is impossible to answer.

I do think it is an issue with free agents.

I don't think they should ever walk away out right then sign a few days later for less money.

Maybe free agents should just say "I will get back to you."

Then if after 'x' amount of time not getting a better deal come back and say "If you still want me, I want to play"

Or "Y club has provided me with an offer. Can you do anymore?"

Obviously this could also happen with regular transfers when multiple clubs have offers accepted.

I do think it is an issue with free agents.

I don't think they should ever walk away out right then sign a few days later for less money.

Maybe free agents should just say "I will get back to you."

Then if after 'x' amount of time not getting a better deal come back and say "If you still want me, I want to play"

Or "Y club has provided me with an offer. Can you do anymore?"

Obviously this could also happen with regular transfers when multiple clubs have offers accepted.

Finally someone gets it. Oddly enough one of the few good things on the last CM was that the negotiations took place over several days, avoiding these stupid scenarios.

If a players thinks he's worth a certain amount, he isn't going to take a whole lot less all of a sudden, especially if he's had that slightly validated by being offered more than his current deal (but less than what he asked)!

Think people here insult the intelligence of agents and footballers a bit too much.

"I'm worth 40,000"

"we can give you "20,000"

"No I want 40,000"

"well ok, 25,000"

"F U I can do better elsewhere"

Next day at another club

"we can give you 6,000"

"wow that's amazing, where do I sign?"

I hope nobody here negotiates that way!

sometimes its not just about the amount of money on offer.

when joe cole left chelsea, he was unhappy at being offered a lot less money than the other regulars in the team, but he signed for liverpool for the same money.

you wouldn't sign as a first team player for man city for £1kp/w when everyone else is on £100k, but you would sign for a smaller club on £1kp/w when everyone else is on £1kp/w

Did you check the comparitive wages of other players with the same squad status - both your squad and Southhamptons? That factors into it as well as dependingon the player's personality they sometmies won't accept unless there is parity with the other players... If your average wage was around 3-4k whereas Soto's was around 1-2k that would explain it.

Sometimes the contract negotiations annoy me. I signed one player on £180k per week (he won World Player of the Year, so is a top player) at the age of 26. Now he is 30 and contract is up for renewal, and he asks for £245k p/w. plus bonuses. Not only would I not pay him that much, my board will only go to £185k and won't allow the fee the agent is asking, so I set it to the maximum. He refuses the contract, so I have to walk away and immediately offer him to clubs to cash in, since there are only 7 months left on the contract. I managed to get £10m for him, but outside the transfer window so he hasn't left yet. I will be very interested to see what his new club are paying him.

also bear in mind that agents are c****

:thup:

Did you offer him guaranteed first team football tho? How many strikers do you have at your club already? The other thing is that being Boro you will have a better rep than Southampton he may have thought he could squeeze more money out of you because your a bigger club. Signing on fee's can also make a big difference, you can take a massive chunk off a wage request by chucking the agent or player some extra money, its the only way i can keep my budget down to be honest, i dont sign many players so i use most of my money throwing players huge signing on fee's so i can keep their wages down, i have two world class rep players on less than £40k a week but i give them and their agents £1-2m every couple of seasons.

This workaround is unrealistic, and if I was a member of the 'cheat police' I might even go so far as to say you are exploiting the game.

i always do the take it or leave it thing, it always works, unless they're really just not interested

I've never had any success with it. I'd be interested to see if it makes a difference, or if you just happened to make them an acceptable offer anyways.

Did you check the comparitive wages of other players with the same squad status - both your squad and Southhamptons? That factors into it as well as dependingon the player's personality they sometmies won't accept unless there is parity with the other players... If your average wage was around 3-4k whereas Soto's was around 1-2k that would explain it.

If that's true that's probably a flaw too. He might not be on the same as others, but still more than he goes on to receive elsewhere. I believe the phrase is "cutting off your nose to spite your face".

Also bear in mind he probably wouldn't know their exact wages, and they would fall across a reasonably wide range so it's a bit hard to suggest a parity.

this happens all the time, its to do with how big and free'd up your wage bill is.

Ive started a game with tranmere they have a small wage budget, signed defender andy graham, got him for 1.2k a week.

Started a save with Leicester the same player wanted 4.8k a week and 2k appearance fee, he wouldnt go any lower than 3.5k and walked away.

happened on my journey save to, we were losing money so i decided to stop giving apperance/goal bonuses and brought the average wage down to 60-80k a week. But we still had a big wage bill and it was massivly free because i had brought it down.

1.9 million wage bill, and we were spending just over £1 million on wages, but still, even though my highest earner was now 88k a week with no bonus, when ever i try and sign anybody they always ask for £150k + aweek!

I tried to sign a 23 year old who was on 27k aweek and would be average in my squad, and he wanted 120k a week!

I think si have purposly made it so the AI players know what your wage bill is, if you have a small one they will request small realistic wages, if you have a big wage bill they will request stupid amounts.

They also have higher 'self-worth' than they should -- so, quite realistic I suppose lol

Personally, I prefer to get as much of their basic wage into bonuses (appearance fees/goals scored)... that way, if they are injured, suspended or simply no longer a first-team regular, I save money, just it's alot harder to pull off in FM11.3 than it was prior

And something that always annoys me, is a player seems to always want more than what they are currently on... whereas some would actually take pay-cuts (or accept the same contract) in order to leave the club they are at -- no game-time, dislike being there, etc

If a contract is expiring for a player I want too sign, I try to wait until they have left the club, their demands literary go from 150k/week to 40k/week overnight

Archived