My Media Handling is 1%, what's yours?

The reason I totally avoid the media is because of things like this:

"After Leverkusen's heavy 0-4 Champions Cup defeat to Liverpool, manager Thomas Niendorf informed the media that he felt Kenco was totally out of his depth as The Reds manager and finds it hard to get on with him."

Out of my depth? Not only did I just beat his team 4-0, but in 13 seasons at Liverpool I've won 8 league titles and 31 cups, including the Champions Cup 6 times. Now I'm pretty sure I'm the only manager in the history of the game (my game at least, not counting some of you other FMers) to have achieved that success in the world's premier club competition. And he has the nerve to point his finger??

Now ideally I would respond with some facts (Rafa style) about my success compared to his, but I can't do this. I only have the option to say about 8 different things, like praising his squad or maybe saying I don't like him. I can't even say he is out of his depth or point my finger!

I'd also like the option to break his finger the next time he points it at me!

This is just one example of how poor the media is in the game, and why I don't ever respond to these types of comments. I really hope SI improve this area of the game in FM12.

100% for me. I attend every press conference, even though quite frankly it is extremely tedious, because I dont want to upset any of my players. The only press conferences I don't do are new signings (as I either upset the new guy or the squad members I already have).

One thing I have started doing is putting in ridiculous replies in the custom comment box. I once went through a whole press conference before stating how much I loved lots of different vegetables.

How do you guys get your Player Loyalty up. I'm notorius for having it at around the 30-40% mark... But then I clear out all my junk in transfer windows and buy new straight away. I like a fire sale in between seasons! :)

I wouldn't really worry about it. In fact, I'd be worried if it was 100%! Gotta move some players on at some point :)

How do you guys get your Player Loyalty up. I'm notorius for having it at around the 30-40% mark... But then I clear out all my junk in transfer windows and buy new straight away. I like a fire sale in between seasons! :)

You need to stick with your players and avoid mass clearouts, which isn't easy when you move clubs regularly (as I have this year).

With FM10, I stuck with one club and managed to get my player loyalty a lot higher.

By not dong that ;)

It is about squad management. Starter and rotator for every position, 1 youth player per position, and loaning out the in-betweeners until they are good enough for the first team or you are sure they won't make it. Do your level best to keep key players if they want to move, but be willing to sell them if you can't persuade them to stay.

Thanks. It's not so much changing clubs that gets me, it's climbing the divisions and wanting most of my squad to be competitive immediately, so I clear anyone with 2 and 1/2 stars or less rating out.

It's pretty tough to be loyal to your players while quickly rising through the divisions, it becomes a lot easier when you reach the top and players might actually get the chance to play out their careers at your club.

And I thought my domestic bias of 5% was bad.

It is not normally that bad. I went to manage Arsenal and decided to follow Wenger's policy of buying cheap European and South Americans. Goes down very quickly if you do that.

I do have three English first teamers though, plus a couple more coming through the ranks.

My domestic bias is 1%.

Player loyalty is 100%. I guess this is because I rarely sell players and do whatever I can to keep them happy.

Financial control, tactical consistency, squad discipline all 100%.

100%.

But i only do press conferences because of the affect they can have on morale. I find them boring and so skip through them fast rarely changing my answers.

Now my brother doesnt even bother with them at all, and he typically sufferes from morale issues in his games.

Same issues with teamtalks too, their wording is terrible and its hard to know which teamtalk option is best to use for each player. I try, yet my brother just uses his assistant because the options are typically useless, confusing and seem to provole random effects, to quote him.

victorfenomenale.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I do press conferences and contact the press very rarely. Almost exclusively when I want to create a good relationship with another player or manager.

To the OP - the problems you point out have been identified as actual bugged software, meaning the options weren't supposed to be greyed out like that.

I challenge you to get your domestic player bias down. ;)

I can't have lower domestic player bias. I can buy only Basque players with Athletic Bilbao and basicaly all Basque people are Spanish. Some of them are French but I have only two French goalkeepers because there aren't any good French Basques in the game.

Pretty sure mines on 100%. I Never send assistant to press conferences got a 100% attendance there. I avoid journos as much as possible though but it hasnt affected the media handling.

I can't have lower domestic player bias. I can buy only Basque players with Athletic Bilbao and basicaly all Basque people are Spanish. Some of them are French but I have only two French goalkeepers because there aren't any good French Basques in the game.

Hence the wink, 'twas a joke...

Player loyalty and domestic player bias is the only low numbers I got, rest is 100% or very close to it. Not really sure why my player loyalty is so low since I usually buy my players rather young and keep them untill they start to decline.

Archived