I should be able to..........

i just been managing wrexham now for a few years, and i've just been forced to sell 2 of my key players because the board seemed they where good. "im championship now, and have 2 players who scored 53 goals between them in league one, however they where both sold off for less than £1m, and they where sold for "over 48 months"

now after this and an extreme lack of support i have resigned.... now theres no press conference, and i was a fan favourate

i would like to be able to call a press conference and explain my departure....i feel the fans deserved to know about the board..

It has been discussed for a very long time that you need to be get an option to explain your departure and/or a way to tell the board/chairman exactly how you feel about their actions. You sometime get a question in a press conference about your working relationship with your chairman after he sells a player, but it seems to have no purpose whatsoever at least none that you can see.

I think when a manager resigns, he rarely gets a press conference to explain.....BUT...when he takes a new job (ala McLeish), he is always asked about the reason he left the previous club. These questions should be added when getting a new job.

Archived