The bookies are Man City Fans?

Anyone ever had it where one team is always favoured for the title, despite how crap they've been doing? in my save it's Manchester City, every year they're predicted to be 1st, almost every year they aren't even close. They've finished 6th, 4th, 5th, 2nd, and so on and so on for years, only once within the last 10 years finishing second, and twice finishing third.

So it's like, what are the bookies smoking? do they think if they keep this up eventually the team will win?

That got on my nerves when I was Arsenal.

Not once did I miss out on the title for about 15 years in a row or something like that and the media even had the cheek to predict me to finish 3rd once when the previous season was one of my best. I had better reputation, players, everything.

Yet Man City just get bummed by the media madly.

Yeah the odds on the game arent really accurate to what they would be in real life. Like if your an outsider for the champions league and not expected to win many games your still only 20/1 in real life you would usually get 500/1 or so on. Would be nice if they where a little better but have not got a big problem with it myself.

Funny, I've been thinking the exact same thing. Im my Darlington save, I've won everything umpteen times, and yet City are faves to win the league everytime. Oh well, better odds for the punters when they pick the actual favourite!

That got on my nerves when I was Arsenal.

Not once did I miss out on the title for about 15 years in a row or something like that and the media even had the cheek to predict me to finish 3rd once when the previous season was one of my best. I had better reputation, players, everything.

Yet Man City just get bummed by the media madly.

Something similar happened in my game, Le Scum won the league three years on the trot (League and Champs League double in the third season, no less) and bookies had them down as fourth favourites for the next season behind Middlesbrough (under Gareth Southgate, no less), Chelsea and City.

I had assumed it was down to club, player and manager reputation.

I won my league and got promoted one season. The next year I was favourite to go down, while the side who finished second behind me were favourites to win the league and gain promotion again. At the end of the season they finished 2nd and went up, while I trailed behind in 4th. But yet I was still favourite to go down the next season.

I think it's because Man City have one of the highest reputations, but have way more money than anyone else.

It's not unreasonable for the game calculations to guess that the side that spends more than £100m more than anyone else should be one of the favourites. Possibly though, the odds are weighted a little too much on transfer money available, and not enough on recent success.

Well, my club was third richest in the world, ranked #1 in europe in terms of performance, won the premier league every year for 10 years, had often 100 million available to spend, but rarely spent massively, I did spend a lot before one season though and it didn't influence things, still Man City were predicted to win every single year.

So I don't think there can be any logic to it, I've got a lot higher reputation (I even checked, it was 1400 higher)

Something similar happened in my game, Le Scum won the league three years on the trot (League and Champs League double in the third season, no less) and bookies had them down as fourth favourites for the next season behind Middlesbrough (under Gareth Southgate, no less), Chelsea and City.

I had assumed it was down to club, player and manager reputation.

you could be onto something here!! maybe it has alot to do with manager reputation......

Archived