FM Suggestion: Rivalries

Anybody else think that over the course of the game time played like very far into the future from the start date we should have developed new rivalrys as ive not seen this at all yet. Current rival teams might not even be in the same division as you in the future and a game without rivalry is just not as good.

Thoughts?

Exactly.

A few examples:

In my save, I have taken Amiens from the French National (D3) to the top of Ligue 1 (D1) in France over 13 years. My rivals include a few teams that will always be rival (e.g. AC Amiens - a team in the same town) as well as some top division teams. I can understand Abbeville, near-ish and some of the bigger teams. However, over the years, I have been battling for the top 3 with Marseille, Lyon and PSG. Of those, I beat Marseille and PSG occasionally, but have only 3 wins and 3 draws against Lyon, with 23 defeats. I feel a personal rivalry, and feel it would develop in-game.

Similarly, some rivalrys ebb and flow - some will always remain. Some are due to odd circumstances (Galatasary/Leeds) some simple title rivals, some local. Hpwever they are dynamic. It needs to be added

I will also want to have dynamic rivalry between teams from different countries (let's say I'm Arsenal and I play Real Madrid 3 times in a row in the Champions League later stages - Real Madrid would be added to my list of rivals after that), not only for teams on the same country.

Archived