Something i would love to see.....

I'm not sure if this should be in the suggestions section. Guess we'll find out.

Overall best eleven is great. I love the feature. But a would love to see a history of EVERY player who played for the club in your management, and only the games they played under your management.

E.G

Player A - 2009-2013 - 130 Games, 65 Goals, 32 Assists, 7 MotM

Player B - 2010-2025 - 645 Games, 179 Goals, 344 Assists, 80 MotM

an so on.

Only When the player retires/leaves the club does he get inducted into the history, but i would REALLLLLLLLY love to see this included.

Any thoughtS?

I'm not sure if this should be in the suggestions section. Guess we'll find out.

Overall best eleven is great. I love the feature. But a would love to see a history of EVERY player who played for the club in your management, and only the games they played under your management.

E.G

Player A - 2009-2013 - 130 Games, 65 Goals, 32 Assists, 7 MotM

Player B - 2010-2025 - 645 Games, 179 Goals, 344 Assists, 80 MotM

an so on.

Only When the player retires/leaves the club does he get inducted into the history, but i would REALLLLLLLLY love to see this included.

Any thoughtS?

I certainly like the idea of having a history of every player who played under your management.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Only When the player retires/leaves the club does he get inducted into the history, but i would REALLLLLLLLY love to see this included. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't however like this idea. I prefer the ongoing all time best 11 where players are added into and dropped out of at the end of every season.

icon14.gif

Great idea, especially for those who play really long term games. Unfotunately my laptop is such that I doubt I will get past 2030 on FM 08.

But it did remind of playing CM 01/02 to 2080 and wishing I could look at some of my previous legends stats beyond those where they appeared in the club records.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

icon14.gif

Great idea, especially for those who play really long term games. Unfotunately my laptop is such that I doubt I will get past 2030 on FM 08.

But it did remind of playing CM 01/02 to 2080 and wishing I could look at some of my previous legends stats beyond those where they appeared in the club records. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The main reason i would like this feature.

Another reason is because I'd like to see the massive MISSES the club has had.

E.G

Player X - 2010-2017 - 12 Games, 0 Goals, 1 Assist, 0 MotM

What a waste of 7 years icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Would this reflect every player that is under your management as a whole or the club you are currently managing?

Maybe this could be broken down into something like this:

All time.

Previous Clubs.

Current Club.

International Team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think perhaps that, or in the history section just...

Player F - Burnley (2009-2013) - Games 120, Goals 4, Assists 7, MotM 23

Player G - Real Madrid (2015-2018) - Games 79, Goals 54, Assists 34, MotM 40

My username should really have been Statto.

I LOVE stats.

It's my favourite saying, (or seems to be anyway), but SI introduced an excellent new feature in "best eleven", but did so VERY poorly.

1. The stats included are only for the years that individual players were vited into the annual best eleven. So if a player was in it for 3 years and then not in it for the next couple of years, although he would be in the "overall best eleven", his stats would only show 3 years worth of figures.

2. If you can do club "best eleven", why can't you do "competition best eleven". We could have all-time Premiership best eleven or all-time FA Cup best eleven.

3. From there we go onto competition stats. You have record all-time goal-scorers at International level for nations, you have record all-time goal-scorers for clubs, you have many awards for seasonal top scorers in various competitions. Why then can't we have All-time Premiership top scorer. Or how about most FA Cup appearances. All stats that are available in the game should be on a rolling basis as an all-time record.

The David James clean sheet record.

The Gary Speed Premiership appearance record.

The Alan Shearer Premiership goals record, (is it even him that has it?).

The most International goals record.

All this information is in the game already and it's just a matter of getting it stored and accessible in such a way that it doesn't slow the game down.

I love the "best eleven" feature, but it could and should have been so much more.

4. Stats in general. We can't see tackles and pass % for non-competetive games. This drives me flippin mental icon_mad.gif.

5. I want statistical data on what part of the pitch goals are scored from.

6. I want statistical data as to what time during a game goals are scored and conceded at.

7. In an ideal World, the best eleven feature would only be updated when a player either left your club or retired. You would then be able to click on the player and see not his attributes but his playing stats and accolades. How many medals and trophies he won. Hom many game she playedm goals/assists/MOM awards/clean sheets he got.

You put something so innovative in like "best eleven" but then really don't do it justice. It's a real shame.

PureSim Baseball has an awesome "Almanac" feature. You click "Build Almanac", and it goes off and builds and HTML Almanac featuring your team's history.

Everything is linkable, so I might start off on the "Sheffield United" page, looking at a table that shows Sheffield United's performance each season: year, league, position, W-D-L GF-GA GD Pts.

I click 2013/14. That takes me to a "Sheffield United 2013/14" page, which includes the stats of every player to play a competitive match for us that year.

I click "Joe Hill", and it takes me to a "Joe Hill career" page, which shows me his senior/competitive stats for every year of his career. I see that he played for Leicester in 2009/10, so I click the Leicester link.

Now I'm looking at a "Leicester City" page. This time, instead of clicking a year, I click "Premier League".

Now I'm looking at a "Premier League" history page: winner, leading scorer, etc, for every year. I click the 2020/21 link.

Now I see a "Premier League 2020/21" page, showing me the full table for that year plus the top scorers, performers, etc.

... its a very cool feature. Once you've played 20-30 seasons, you can spend years looking around it. I thought OOTPB had it too, but its been a while since I looked at OOTPB.

One of my favorite pages on the Almanac shows the equivalent of the "Best XI" for each season.

For example, I'd see the player who made the most starts at "catcher" for me, for each season. Its a little harder to do for football, because the eleven positions aren't perfectly defined - in other words, I might run a 3-4-3 one season, a 5-3-2 the next, and a 4-4-2 the third, and how do you show those in a way that can be compared to each other? But its still very cool to see and be reminded of players who are no longer with you!

Sorry jimbo, did you like the idea icon_biggrin.gif??? icon_confused.gif

I agree with you for the stats though. I LOVEEEEEE stats. Really.

I would also like to see things such as...

Top 5 all time scorer in the club.

Top 5 all time scorers for a nation./division/cup/league etc.

Top 5's for everything, really, not just the top1.

Also, i would like to have "most games scored in a row" for all -time, league, cup etc.

Currently we have Clean sheets kept icon14.gif

and

Games without scoring :thdwn:

Pointless record if you ask me.

but yea, on the whole, i would love a lot more in the records section, and a lot more in league/cup stats.

Yes I liked the idea icon14.gif.

Sorry, I just get more than a little carried away on stuff like this.

I would swap the 2d match engine in a second for an in depth stats shake-up.

I know I'm in the minoriry but for us oldies, this game was all about the stats when we first played it.

(If I was born a few years earlier I would have been a train-spotter) icon_eek.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">4. Stats in general. We can't see tackles and pass % for non-competetive games. This drives me flippin mental .

5. I want statistical data on what part of the pitch goals are scored from.

6. I want statistical data as to what time during a game goals are scored and conceded at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, we need more stats but most of all more graphs as well. I want to see pie charts, bar charts, line graphs, especially in terms of match data. We don't nearly get enough for my liking. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Stats are great. icon14.gif

I agree with all that Jimbo; all the kind of stats you mentioned always appear on the likes of sky sports news, etc so why shouldn't they be in the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Perhaps it might be useful to create a new thread detailing all the ideas of different stats that could and maybe should be included in the game.

I know that there are loads and loads of possibilities but if you stick to ones that would help us as a manager with analysis of performances directly rather than just cool random stats then we might get some success with SI here.

Perhaps it might be useful to create a new thread detailing all the ideas of different stats that could and maybe should be included in the game.

I know that there are loads and loads of possibilities but if you stick to ones that would help us as a manager with analysis of performances directly rather than just cool random stats then we might get some success with SI here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you there aaberdeenn. let's get a few more thumbs up about a thread dedicated to the discussion of new stats, and go from there.

Archived