Locating a lost game through file transfer

I transferred my FM-11 folder onto my hard-drive and then onto my new laptop and, annoyingly, my save game has not transferred. Is there any reason why this would happen? Everything else has transferred, including the save game folder, but no game.

I've emailed my brother asking him to find the save game on my old pc at home and hopefully he'll be able to send it to me. What would be the best way to transfer it? I'm guessing it'll be way too large for an email attachment (I'm in 2021 with 4 leagues loaded and a large database) G-mail drop-box?

Thanks for any help.

Games are saved in "My Documents > SI > FM11 > games", unless specified otherwise.

E-mail would be unsuitable.

Your best bet would to go round with a memory stick.

Or if he's too far away, maybe get him to burn it onto a disc and post it to you.

Alternatively, he could upload it somewhere online - but it's very time-consuming.

Had a look again, that folder (and that folder only) appears to be the only one that wasn't loaded onto the hard-drive. Odd...

I didn't re-install FM on the laptop, just transferred it from the hard-drive and the version on the laptop has a folder for games. Does it only create one when a saved game is made? I've tried to start again but just can't get into anything. I've become extremely attached to that game (got me through my finals at uni) and don't wanna lose it.

Going round with a USB isn't an option and post maybe not either as I now live in Australia while my brother is still in Scotland

RIP Catania 2021 :(

Had a look again, that folder (and that folder only) appears to be the only one that wasn't loaded onto the hard-drive. Odd...

I didn't re-install FM on the laptop, just transferred it from the hard-drive and the version on the laptop has a folder for games. Does it only create one when a saved game is made? I've tried to start again but just can't get into anything. I've become extremely attached to that game (got me through my finals at uni) and don't wanna lose it.

Going round with a USB isn't an option and post maybe not either as I now live in Australia while my brother is still in Scotland

RIP Catania 2021 :(

He could try to upload it to a file-sharing website (mega upload perhaps - would take 3 hours).

Or even upload to the sigames FTP server.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I've got the file on my computer now, transferred across using a file transfer site I googled.

The file is in a .fm format. I'm guessing it has to go in the 'games' folder which I can't find. How do I go about placing the file somewhere I can load it from this computer

Edit: Got it to work, woo!

Archived