Football Manager 2012 Buying / Pre-Ordering Thread

Well the time is upon us once more. Football Manager 2012 has been announced for release sometime before Christmas 2011.

We had a thread like this last year so thought we should have this thread again for this year.

So where do people think they will buy or pre-order the great game from ?

This thread is for people to post in regarding buying and/or pre-ordering the game and the cost of it.

I will start

I have already pre-ordered FM12, pre-ordered the same day the announcements came out.

Pre-oredered it online from 365games.co.uk for £24.49

free delivery for people in Australia & United States :thup:

Looking forward to another great release of the great game known to us all as Football Manager

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting that both those sites have the release date at 28th October

Why is it interesting?

Its only a guess, FM is normally released towards the end of October/beginning of November. Given that it seems like a reasonable educated guess.

Why is it interesting?

Its only a guess, FM is normally released towards the end of October/beginning of November. Given that it seems like a reasonable educated guess.

I agree, I'm not saying that's definitely going to be the date or anything like that, merely that it's interesting.

I bought in on Steam last year and won't be doing it again, its just a pain in the arse if you dont ALWAYS have an internet connection and you can't play it because last time you shut down your laptop steam was half way through updating or something.

So I've pre-ordered it from Amazon for £29.99. Hopefully it'll come down in price (they have a pre-order guarantee that you pay the lowest price until the game is despatched). Hopefully I'll get it for around £20.

365games.co.uk where I am getting it from is saying october 14th release, I know it wont be that early but with free postage to Australia and under 25 pounds, I just couldnt resist

Hey Wii', you reckon http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/football-manager-2012-game-pc is the same peeps? LOL

Their sister site I would say....... $35.49 Australian....$3 cheaper than the converted price at 365game at the current exchange rate right now .......bargain ; )

FFS, I always bought at full price at GAME here or EB, but stuff that, for less than 1/2 the price, my word!!!!

(Oh, for the rest of you, thats 22.34Pounds.....) ; P

Hey Wii', you reckon http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/football-manager-2012-game-pc is the same peeps? LOL

Their sister site I would say....... $35.49 Australian....$3 cheaper than the converted price at 365game at the current exchange rate right now .......bargain ; )

FFS, I always bought at full price at GAME here or EB, but stuff that, for less than 1/2 the price, my word!!!!

(Oh, for the rest of you, thats 22.34Pounds.....) ; P

oh lordy ! you found an even cheaper price and a game shop in Australia.

yeah the preorder button looks the same aswell, I can't be arsed to cancel my current pre-order & then pre-order from this company

I shall use the tried and trusted method of going to a shop, probably GAME, at lunchtime and giving them cash for it. No hassle with the post, no time wasted trying to save a couple of quid online, no hassle with witing for ages for it to download. Add that to the fact that if i take my laptop to work i can install the game as soon as I get it and then play it as soon as i get home.

The best thing about being simple is......it works.

I shall use the tried and trusted method of going to a shop, probably GAME, at lunchtime and giving them cash for it. No hassle with the post, no time wasted trying to save a couple of quid online, no hassle with witing for ages for it to download. Add that to the fact that if i take my laptop to work i can install the game as soon as I get it and then play it as soon as i get home.

The best thing about being simple is......it works.

How is this any more simple than ordering it online and having it delivered to your address without having to move an inch? Or by downloading it on Steam? :D

How is this any more simple than ordering it online and having it delivered to your address without having to move an inch? Or by downloading it on Steam? :D

because every year there are always people moaning about the fact that they don't get it delivered on time, or it is taking ages to download via Steam, or it doesn't patch correctly, or like me you live in an area with crap broadband speed. Buy the disk, install it at work, play it at home...SORTED.

I agree with what you're saying, obviously, its probably the only way you can guarantee you'll be playing the game on release date, but its arguable whether it is simpler, in fact I'd argue its a lot more complicated than pressing a few buttons online and waiting for the game to come in the post.

i'll be buying from amazon sometime between jan and march in 2012, i'm still enjoying fm 2011 too much to even consider a new version yet!!

This for me too, but I said that last year and still didn't have the will power to not buy it on release day :D

They usually do, with most games. I remember pre-ordering FIFA10 for £49.99 from Amazon and ended up getting it on release day for £28.
Thanks for your response. If they lower the price after I have pre-ordered... do I get the discount too or would I have to cancel and pre-order again?

Thanks for your response. If they lower the price after I have pre-ordered... do I get the discount too or would I have to cancel and pre-order again?

Amazon offer a pre-order price guarantee. From the day you pre-order your item to the day it is despatched, you pay whatever the cheapest price the item has been available for that period.

So for example, I've pre-ordered it for £29.99, so thats the MOST I will pay. If on September 17th it falls to £12.50 for 24hrs as a special offer (perhaps a tad unrealistic!) and then is listed as £25 after that until release day when it goes up to £34.99, the price I pay will be £12.50.

I think a few other online retailers do this, although I'm not sure. I bought FM2011 from STEAM last year, but I do remember seeing it available from Amazon for £20 before it was released, so I'm hoping for a similar outcome. Its the best way of guaranteeing I'll get the game around release day (sometimes before, on or a day after) for the cheapest price.

Amazon offer a pre-order price guarantee. From the day you pre-order your item to the day it is despatched, you pay whatever the cheapest price the item has been available for that period....
Sadly, from a competitive point of view, this is why amazon.co.uk are monopolising these things :/ I find that if you spend hours and hours across, for example, 10 products, you may find one or two where you could have saved a pound or two by *not* buying from amazon. Or you can just pop onto amazon and know that you won't get ripped off.

Having rambled on, can anyone confirm that FM2012 will be playable without an internet connection?

It is quite sad, yes, and ultimately if Amazon gets rid of all its competitors then they'll be able to charge what they want...

Having said that, for 'normal puchases' I always use price comparison sites like www.kelkoo.co.uk to see which is cheaper. More often than not Amazon is NOT the cheapest, but only by a few pence, and the sites that are cheaper tend to be sites I've never heard of and its not worth the risk for a few pence.

However, I always pre-order items with Amazon because of the aforementioned price-guarantee.

Last couple of years I bought it from gamersgate and have been happy with that, haven't decided about this year yet but one thing is for sure and that is that I will have it on release date.

I will get my business partner's son to grab me a copy as soon as they're delivered to the Game shop that he is the ass-man of just like I did with FM09 and FM10 (I bought 11 myself :p)

oh yeah, and cos he's getting me it... it's FREE!! :D :D

I'll buy it off Steam. I think last year there was a pre-order sale on FM2011 last year for $29.99 (£18.22), but I didn't pre-order. Held out until January before I bought the game for $39.99(£24.30)

I'll buy it regardless of pre-order sale, but I hope there is one.

I won't pre-order or buy the game if I won't get very positive reviews from good sources. I've been just burned out by the last two games, especially FM 2011 and if there is no big improvement I see no reason to buy a new version of the same with just a few changes and updated statistics.

If I get those good reviews that tell me that the game has gone extensive, positive changes, I will just buy it online from a shop where the price is lowest. I won't pre-order it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived