I want to sue the Australian Football Association!

I have a fantastic 18 year old youth prospect who unfortunately tore a calf muscle before the start of the season. He was just about to resume full training when he was called up to the Australian U-20 squad for three U20 World Cup qualifiers despite not having played a match in 3-4 months. After playing the first game with an orange injury he then picked up a dead leg which was supposed to keep him out for a week, but the Aussies picked him for the third game and surprise surprise after 20 minutes he broke his arm! He's now out for a month and I can't help but feel I've been screwed over, I don't give a digeridoo that they were competitive fixtures, the Aussies broke my player and I want compensation!

I have a fantastic 18 year old youth prospect who unfortunately tore a calf muscle before the start of the season. He was just about to resume full training when he was called up to the Australian U-20 squad for three U20 World Cup qualifiers despite not having played a match in 3-4 months. After playing the first game with an orange injury he then picked up a dead leg which was supposed to keep him out for a week, but the Aussies picked him for the third game and surprise surprise after 20 minutes he broke his arm! He's now out for a month and I can't help but feel I've been screwed over, I don't give a digeridoo that they were competitive fixtures, the Aussies broke my player and I want compensation!

Well... you'd want to start with knowing the proper name of the FFA and then you'd follow it up by sucking it up because you can't in the game...

Seriously though playing a kid with a dead leg is fine and as he got an arm injury even in real life you couldn't make any claim here. I think you'd get laughed out if this was in real life.

You: I'd like to sue the FFA for injuring a young player by playing him whilst injured

Judge: What was the nature of the injury?

You: A broken arm

Judge: What was the injury he played with

You: A dead leg

Judge: ...a dead leg... Seriously?! Its an dead leg! That's a nothing injury, but when I was a kid I played with a broken arm, and don't get me started on dead legs. Not only that but its clear that a dead leg isn't related to the injury you wish to sue for, but I'm not even sure if you can blame them for anything but playing the player. However he was fit enough to get on the pitch and it was a competitive game, as such they had ever right to play him. As the injury wasn't an aggravation of a prior injury and in fact a new different impact injury I have no choice but to dismiss the case.

...nice use of stereotyping though.

Well... you'd want to start with knowing the proper name of the FFA and then you'd follow it up by sucking it up because you can't in the game...

Seriously though playing a kid with a dead leg is fine and as he got an arm injury even in real life you couldn't make any claim here. I think you'd get laughed out if this was in real life.

You: I'd like to sue the FFA for injuring a young player by playing him whilst injured

Judge: What was the nature of the injury?

You: A broken arm

Judge: What was the injury he played with

You: A dead leg

Judge: ...a dead leg... Seriously?! Its an dead leg! That's a nothing injury, but when I was a kid I played with a broken arm, and don't get me started on dead legs. Not only that but its clear that a dead leg isn't related to the injury you wish to sue for, but I'm not even sure if you can blame them for anything but playing the player. However he was fit enough to get on the pitch and it was a competitive game, as such they had ever right to play him. As the injury wasn't an aggravation of a prior injury and in fact a new different impact injury I have no choice but to dismiss the case.

...nice use of stereotyping though.

ha, i do like theoretical conversations :p

on the topic though, whilst suing them is a ridiculous suggestion, id like to be able to withdraw a player who is just coming back from injury etc without him getting annoyed, maybe like a player interaction?

To start a conversation like you have inspired, something like this.

You wanted the see me boss?

Yes, id like you to withdraw from the upcoming friendly, you have been out for 4 months and i dont think you are fit enough, i want you to keep working with our coaches and medical staff to get back to full fitness.

-----

Then he would either be of the lines of

I agree, getting fit it the first thing that i need to do before i start playing in friendlies.

or

No, i have been called up by my country and i want to play.

or something like that, obviously only applies for friendlies.

what do you think?

ha, i do like theoretical conversations :p

on the topic though, whilst suing them is a ridiculous suggestion, id like to be able to withdraw a player who is just coming back from injury etc without him getting annoyed, maybe like a player interaction?

To start a conversation like you have inspired, something like this.

You wanted the see me boss?

Yes, id like you to withdraw from the upcoming friendly, you have been out for 4 months and i dont think you are fit enough, i want you to keep working with our coaches and medical staff to get back to full fitness.

-----

Then he would either be of the lines of

I agree, getting fit it the first thing that i need to do before i start playing in friendlies.

or

No, i have been called up by my country and i want to play.

or something like that, obviously only applies for friendlies.

what do you think?

I'd like to see it for competitive fixtures too. We already have the option to withdraw players from international friendlies or specify that they can only play 45 minutes. However, irl some clubs put pressure on players to pull out of competitive fixtures although its only in cases where it might not be a particularly important game. For example Borussia Mönchengladbach put pressure on Leckie to get him to withdraw from Australia's U20 squad for the U20 WC. Why can't we have a conversation with a player and ask them to do the same? Although obviously i would expect it not to work at all if its senior international competition such as the WC or the Euro's.

Also i'm not sure if you can force players to withdraw from the Olympic squads or not. I think you might be able to already but if thats not in the game that should be in there too as clubs have no obligation to release players for the Olympics as its not a FIFA competition.

Archived