Qualms that might be missed yet should be addressed.

This thread is not for suggesting new features but for for pointing out some flaws with current features and potential solutions.

I think it is currently too easy to have your players unsettled by a transfer bid. Especially if you reject the bid. However, it doesn't work both ways. Potential targets are never unsettled by bids from a human manager. Furthermore, the interaction feature rarey does anything except make the player say he wants to impress x manager and then nothing more. I think this could be improved.

I think the training feature ( specific attribute trainer could be more responsive and should be linked to how good the coaches at the club are, how young the player is etc. At present it seem to be just time specific for every player.

I think there should be more detail about match preparation. At present I just seem to click workload up one notch and randomly switch between preperation until I start being successful. Maybe you an incorporate some info about this in the tutorial section, as well as maybe having assistant feedback in the back room advice meetings. Eg, you are playing Stoke next fixture and suggest defence set pieces preparation.

My last point is something I flag up every year but understand it must be very tricky otherwise it would have been addressed by now. But more intricate set piece routines would be ideal, and even further than this, attacking moves/movement. Maybe 2020 hahaha.

I think it is currently too easy to have your players unsettled by a transfer bid. Especially if you reject the bid. However, it doesn't work both ways. Potential targets are never unsettled by bids from a human manager. Furthermore, the interaction feature rarey does anything except make the player say he wants to impress x manager and then nothing more. I think this could be improved.

I agree that it seems unbalanced, but I have managed to unsettle a player at a higher reputation club by repeatedly declaring interest in him. Bizarrely though, even though he wanted to leave, he kept on signing a new contract with them.

With you on the other points though.

Goal kicks. This has been the same in the ME for years and I'd love to see it sorted. As it stands when a goal kick is given both teams line up in their formations straddling the halfway line and covering about half the length of the field. This means that the majority of kicks are landing on the heads of central midfielders, most of whom (particularly regens) have poor jumping and heading attributes. IRL goal kicks usually see all 20 outfield players congregating in an area probably only about 30-40 yards on each side, often on one side of the pitch, and with centre forwards dropping a bit deeper to win headers. It would be nice to see this firstly for realism and secondly to cut down on the number of chances created by midfielders winning the first header and sending it straight over the defence for a quick striker to run on to.

Yes I have found this problematic at times. I find that goalkeeper distribution long kicks never works very well where s quick throw is formidable. Perhaps more balance can be struck.

Full backs positioning /closing down is also troublesome. They either go too wide and miss a tackle or they let the winger waltz into the box. Their doesn't seem to be an in-between. Full back positions are the most unrealistic and problematic for me

One I've just been reminded of: In my current game I'm Bayern Munich manager in 2022. In my first 5 seasons I have won 2 Champions League titles, 4 league titles and 2 German Cups (plus the Club World Championship etc) and I'm still in contention for a treble (the only thing I haven't managed yet) this season. After beating Nottingham Forest (my former club who I took into the EPL and established there, although I didn't get them into Europe) 2-0 away in the Champions League quarters first leg, Forest manager Keith Millen informed the press that he felt I was completely out of my depth at Bayern. Surely there should be a cut off where managers just don't make this kind of simply insane and unsustainable comments to the press. Maybe he saw the look of panic in my eyes...

I think that rolling confidence, and notoriety should be introduced. At present it seems like everything gets reset season upon season. Especially board confidence. I know football is a fickle game but success should breed respect more than it does currently.

Archived