Your favourite substitute?

Now, we all have stars who perform amazingly so often and carry our team, but what about our substitutes? personally I have one player who is the perpetual subtitute for me, I don't really use him for anything else and he wouldn't be good enough for anything else but he's perfect for the substitutes bench and I'll miss him when he's gone.

Why is he good? well because he can play bloody everywhere. He has lost a few stats as he got older (used to jump better) but he's still just such a lovely substitute, a DR or DL got injured? no problem, I'll put Michel in. A winger knackered, we're in the lead and I want to hold onto the lead? put in Michel and swap that winger assignment to defensive winger or just wide midfielder. He's natural in 4 positions, accomplished in others, and while that undoubtably cuts down his possible "stat" pool he still puts in a reasonable showing of himself.

francoismichel.jpg

Do you have a player you deem an amazing substitute, but not a star of your side otherwise?

star sub for me would be carlos Vela, always nabs a goal or an assist when things are looking bleak, sucks when he is a starter though :D

Amen to that, Vela is always on my bench. But if my first-choice striker gets injured, Vela stays on the bench and a reserve comes in!

Archived