Damm you Chairman!

I took on this challenge by managing Ponferradina. The first year we made it to tenth place and the following year we won the Adelante. I made a lot free signings and loans. I managed to qualify for the euro cup. We are a young and up and coming team. During the fourth season my chairman decided he was going to listen to offers. At first he was going to sell to a member of the board, after a month a Puerto Rican tycoon wanted to purchase the team. I was really excited, not for long. My chairman sold it to one of the member's of the board. This guy is a real cheapskate. He refuses to upgrade are training facilities, which are only adequate. He also refuses to expand the stadium, we only have 7446 seats. What a cheapskate! How can I get rid of him? Can try to make the club go into debt to get rid of this guy?

You wanted a challenge, yet now you want a tycoon to buy? surely they are polar opposites?

You wouldn't want a tycoon if he was interested in purchasing the team?

Did he give valid reasons for refusing?

He said they were good enough.

I'm in LIGA BBVA! How's that good enough?

Either I misunderstand the above, or you have misunderstood what I said, what I meant was, did your Chairman say that the facilities you already have are equal to others in the same league or even the best for your league. But that is irrelevant now as they clearly aren't. If my brain was working properly maybe I could have worked out from your OP that you are now in the top league.

Apologies for messing you around.

It takes time for your little Ponferradina team to gain enough reputation (standing) to improve the facilities. One season in BBVA and one season in the Euro cup won't quite cut it. Play a few more seasons and they'll certainly do it themselves (they remember you asking).

Archived