Quesiton for those who have played beyond 2020 (game years)

Hi All,

I would like to hear from those that have managed a club for a long time in the game, what I want to know is that does the clubs commerical income increase over time?

for example Man Utd earn a fortune in sponsorship deals, they have alot of these (not just the kit etc) and it brings in a good income. However if I take Ipswich Town, turn them into the biggest team in the World, worth a fortune, winning the Prem & CL many-many times etc, will I start to get these sponsorship deals?

If not it feels wrong, it feels like I can never actually earn a big profit really as it always seems to get taken away by shareholders dividends (with my OM team this was getting to over £40m a year).

I'm trying to save hard for a new stadium, wages is £800k p/w but that gives me a very good squad which I need to compete on all fronts. Stadium will help increase revenue as will player dealings (I sold £78m of players start of the season and only spend £25m). Just as always in this version of FM (2011) it seems very hard to make money in the long term.

Appreciate any replies.

Sponsorship deals and commercial revenues will increase a little as your clubs rep increase. But you'll never get as much as the 2010 big teams. Maybe if you win everything for 50 years straight? Never tried that...

The shareholder dividends is a big mess. In a game of mine one year I didn't pay any and had an ok profit. Next year I faced almost the same financial result, but had to pay a huge shareholder dividend (almost 1/7 of total revenue) making me lose money that fiscal year. That really doesn't make any sense. Especially as the club owns more than 50% of their own shares...

Sikker - I think dividends is done on revene (gross profit) rather than net profit, hence maybe why this happened.

Nope, revenue was practically the same both years. And no club would ever pay so much in dividends that they end up with a deficit as was the case in my save. It really irritates me and I have also made a bug report about it, but no responses yet :-(

My Wolves team in 2024 is dominant both nationally and on the continent, but although the club is valued just behind Real and Barca, my sponsorship deals are nowhere near the level of Man United, Arsenal etc. None of my players are on more than 90k a week, but every year I have to sell somebody for big money to stay out of the red.

After having won 2 euro cups and 4 champions league titles in 7 years, 6 straight league titles combined with quite a few league and FA cups it was finally time to renegotiate the Leeds teams sponsorships. My combined sponsorships are after the new deals now about half of what Liverpool has in the beginning of the game. (Saw this when I started a game with Liverpool) I was quite amazed when I saw the amount Liverpool where earning in sponsorships, not only having shirt sponsorships but also having several additional sponsorships.

I can also inform you that Leeds are selling about 21000 season tickets which is about 12. place below two championship teams...... ?? Watching the progress of turnover for English clubs I am in about 10. place the first month due to season tickets and sponsorships... or lack of it. Arsenal and Manchester U are easily taking in 50 million more a year regarding these two income posts. Leeds are though the most expensive club.

Has anybody by the way experienced a new stadium being built for Leeds? The old one cant be build out any further. Capacity now 55000.

im currently in 2029 with Southampton and dominate English and sometimes European football. Man United have won 1 trophy in last 12 years and still rake in the top sponshorship money.

Where can you see how much Manchester are earning in sponsorships in 2029?

Hi All,

I would like to hear from those that have managed a club for a long time in the game, what I want to know is that does the clubs commerical income increase over time?

I took over Coventry City in 2013 (after 3 years with Hereford). At the time the club was in nPower League 1. The finances was good compared to Hereford, but miles away from the big PL clubs. I think the wage budget was something along the lines of £75,000 per week.

Promotion to Championship gave a solid financial rise due to TV money. Slowly the income (and expenses) started to rise, but I sold expensive when I could and bought cheap, so I managed to actually save some money. As far as I can recall there was no shareholders dividend to dish out until we got a consortium take over in 2018. We started winning stuff (yeah yeah, I know, it's ONLY the League Cup) in 2021 and continued to win some silverware after that.

Now it's the season of 2029/30 and here is the record so far:

CoventryCityHistory_Competitions.png

Even after 2 CL triumphs, 2 PL victories and 2 FA cup wins I am still below the average sponsor income in the league, which has been stable around £7.2m or so the last years. Here is my financial summary:

CoventryCityBoardroom_Finances.png

so I got quite a nice little sum of money to spend, but I'm also hoping for a new stadium soon, so I'm a little stingy with my spending.

I was hoping that the board would negotiate at least something around the average sponsor income, but seems like we're still some ways off :( Maybe in 3 years when this sponsor contract runs out... who knows?

Oh btw, I would love if it was possible to get more sponsorship deals as the club grows, not just the one which is present at the beginning of the game.

I've had rising sponsorships :/

With reguarly rising rep, everytime we renegotiate sponsorships, it shoots up a wee bit. I'm fairly sure that on FM10, I became the top sponsored side in England with Spurs. I'm currently on a little over £5m with Middlesbrough, from the limited history, it's risen £1m in total over the past 4 years.

Yeah I forgot to say - the sponsorship has risen quite a bit since we were in League 1, so it does rise with success. I'd say it's 5-6 times as large now (think we started out with around 400-500k when I took over as manager) as in 2013. It's risen steady with every renegotiation, but my (not-so-beloved) chairman is a poor negotiator it seems...

I think sponsorship deals like Man Utd's relys on the stadiums corperate facilities being at the best.Which would only come into effect with a club like Ipswich when they get a new stadium and even then it wont be the best so it may take a few stadiums to get sponsorship deals like that.

Ok so really does seem annoying, anyone care to name some teams who are easy to make money with?

Man Utd were after I 'killed' them, I literally destoryed the club as badly as I could, taking over as a new manager each time I got sacked, buying rubbish players on crazy contracts, however evenutally they cleared all debts and got back up from League 1.

Do Man City/Chelsea pay dividends?

There is a Turkish club that have an 80,000 seater stadium, I thought they could be worth a go but the average seat price is £5 and tey only get 2000 fans per game, even after many years of success (inc getting past group stage in CL).

what a shame this is, ruins the game in the long term really

Yeah. Doesn't ruin the game for me, but I accept these are the conditions I'm playing under when I start a save.

A good example is Bayern. They get around £60m a year in sponsorship. This might increase or decrease slightly, related to performances. But you can be sure no matter how well any other club performs (surpassing Bayern for a long period too) they'll never get anything like this in sponsorships.

It is a bit daft. I just accept it and play on.

I have Gloucester City battling relegation from the Prem in 2020/21; our sponsorship has gone from a main kit sponsor of £7.5k (which somehow went down to £5k the next season despite us being promoted!) to a main kit sponsor of £207k (secured just before promotion to the Prem), additional kit sponsor of £732k (secured just after...) and stadium sponsorship of £448k which came with my new stadium (14740 capacity while still in Championship)

I'm surprised to see clubs that are bigger than us at the start without the additional kit sponsor (seem to recall I first got one of those on reaching the Football League, presumed it was cos someone was willing to actually pay us to provide our shirts...)

I have Gloucester City battling relegation from the Prem in 2020/21; our sponsorship has gone from a main kit sponsor of £7.5k (which somehow went down to £5k the next season despite us being promoted!) to a main kit sponsor of £207k (secured just before promotion to the Prem), additional kit sponsor of £732k (secured just after...) and stadium sponsorship of £448k which came with my new stadium (14740 capacity while still in Championship)

I'm surprised to see clubs that are bigger than us at the start without the additional kit sponsor (seem to recall I first got one of those on reaching the Football League, presumed it was cos someone was willing to actually pay us to provide our shirts...)

Hold on - are you saying it's possible to obtain additional sponsor deals (i.e. kit sponsor, stadium sponsor deal etc) than what you start with at the beginning of the game?

Yes we knows deals will rise but...

A) never by enough to be realistic

B) no new deals will arrive (ok maybe a kit deal if you use a non-league club) but look at Man Utd, they have about 20 different deals.

What a real shame, SI definitley need to improve this with 2012.

Would be awesome to be able to re-invest your salary earnings back into the club via shares :)

finances2020.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Las Palmas 2020. I normally run a profit of £3-5m per month, especially in the Champions League season.

financesincome2020.png

It is the TV revenue that constitutes the most. Once I get the new stadium next season I hope that income will increase further.

financependiture2020.png

So to the OP - it is definitely possible for a small club to become a financial powerhouse. It just takes some time...

There is no actual way to make money really, unless you have a big team, with no dividends (does that even exist?) and can clearout all the big earners quickly.

I make profit at virtually every club I'm at. To say there's no way to make money is ridiculous.

I make profit at virtually every club I'm at. To say there's no way to make money is ridiculous.

I mean long term and BIG money.

Long term you will have a big ish wage bill, if you want top players they will always cost a bit in wages. Plus the non-football costs seem to esculate as time goes on to a fairly big level.

Also we if you make a huge profit one year then you get hit hard by tax the next, plus dividends can get really huge as the game goes on, I've seem £40m+ going out every year.

So what I mean is LONG TERM you can't make a huge profit. It is easy to make a fair bit, but not huge sums. Sorry if I was confusing with my earlier comment.

So you cant get all the added extras from sponsorship that arent pre programmed?

Getting a tad depressed then, was Hoping my Truro team may get some better finances instead of the measly shirt sponsors, and the new ground sponsors, was hoping to do like Barcelona in my game and spank £89million (My £24million budget wouldnt cut it) on one player, without having to penny pinch, especially as won the Prem three times in 7 years, and every other league and trophy in England (Apart from the championship winners medal, damn second place)

And that measly £2.4 million 1 year kit sponsorship which may hit £5million is denting my ambitions

Is Sports Interactive inteligent enough to look at this huge issue?

Because right now after what I read, I just feel like quitting the game or just take over Real Madrid and faceroll everything that moves.

Even if you're 10x better and even more famous and reputable you don't get as much money? GG.

I find sponsorship ridiculous indeed, 4-times champions league winning team and we get 850k per year shirt sponsorship. I think it's related to corporate facilties, which we have crap of (hopefully upgraded when my new stadium is built).

Hi, I managed Ipswich to 2019 season (I accidentally saved over it recently while I was experimenting with St Johnstone DOH!), after 5 premierships and 3 champions leagues and numerous league, FA & UEFA cup triumphs The club built a new stadium with top draw facilities, a combination of succcess placing us in the top 5 clubs in the world and teams like Man Utd, Arsenal & Real struggling I raked in about £5-6m in sponsorship

Out of curiosity, checking the 'big' clubs in 2028, the stand out figures are....

Manchester United (Amongst their 22 sponsors) They have other income, unless their should be a decimal point, I would love the £391,548,873 (Although that expires in 2028, so will be interesting come end of season) and no outstanding loans

Real Madrid have a £250,000,000 tv deal & Barcelona have a near £700,000,000+ deal

All the 'big' clubs seem to have a £30million+ kit sponsorship

I just wish my Truro team would get a proper Kit Sponsorship deal, only been getting single year deals and it currently sits at £3,829,815

Having won the Europe League back in 2021, then qualified for the Champions league for the next 5 years, winning the Prem twice in 2023 and 2025 and the Champions league in 2027, as well as the Super Cup in 2022 and 2027, 2 FA Cups and 2 League Cups, surely I must be due some decent money (Maybe now we have a brand new stadium people will take note)

If it isnt looked into, I hope the UEFA 'Living within your means' ruling isnt implemented

old.png

new.png

I don't know who this argument supports. Between these two screenshots is 18 years of progress, 16 seasons in the Premiership, the past 2 have been top 3 finishes. The last 9 seasons have been in Europe, two of them were the Champions League. Along with that is 2 FA Cups and 1 League Cup.

We're not quite Man Utd in terms of rep/ability, but we should be well above average for the EPL.

Well, if you really mean you deserve it then take a look at this thread: http://www.fmrte.com/forum/archive/index.php/thread-847.html

Guess that's the only way to make sure you "get what you deserve" (I am aware many feel this is cheating. It's just a suggestion for a "quick-fix" if you are inclined to feel the game doesn't recognize your club properly - so please: no hating, flaming and the like :) ).

with parma i became the biggest team in the world and juve have never qualified for champions league since the game started but they still have the biggest sponsorship package in the league, what i found is they have 4 or 5 sponsors whilst i had two so i thought if i got a new stadium i'd get at least one more sponsor for the stadium name which is what happened at arsenal when i was there for 20 years, eventually i became the biggest earner at arsenal because united became a aston villa (just making up numbers in the league) and their sponsor ships, though many, weren't worth anything

Well, if you really mean you deserve it then take a look at this thread: http://www.fmrte.com/forum/archive/index.php/thread-847.html

Guess that's the only way to make sure you "get what you deserve" (I am aware many feel this is cheating. It's just a suggestion for a "quick-fix" if you are inclined to feel the game doesn't recognize your club properly - so please: no hating, flaming and the like :) ).

Isn't it possible to change the actual sponsor fee?

Actually I don't know. I'm not too proficient with the ways of FMRTE. I wouldn't be surprised if you can.

It is, works a treat it seems. I'm doing this, some might say cheating some might say it's fixing an issue with the game. Will give myself a realistic amount in sponsorship, will at least cover the huge dividend payment and mean I can make a profit so I can save for a new stadium. Will keep up my youth tactic of making profits on players every year through good development of youngsters.

Archived