What do you truely do when you just give up on FM?

After some thoought and answers to a thread I started, I've give up hope on FM. more so because the past week I have felt sick to here some of the stories on here, about how people have give up relationships for it. Its disgusting!

I generally play the game in spurts. On for a few weeks, off for a few weeks. Generally get the urge to play when EPL is in season or nearing season.

I work full-time, go out on the town or travel on the weekends. Generally play for a few hours after work.

When I was in school, I never shut this or EHM down. Studies definitively suffered.

After some thoought and answers to a thread I started, I've give up hope on FM. more so because the past week I have felt sick to here some of the stories on here, about how people have give up relationships for it. Its disgusting!

You've given up on a computer game because of the way other people live their lives?

Not quite sure what to say to that, really, other than it's their life, they can live it however they wish. Not sure why it should bother you so much.

Good for you bud, run along now

I play when the mood suits me.

Sometimes I can play for 10-15 hours straight and not get bored and other times I can only play half an hour.

I normally find something else to do and then go back to it. Like this week, I've been playing Mafia 2 when I'm bored of FM. :)

why does it make you sick? it's not your life is it? who gives you the right to judge other peoples life? you aren't perfect

Because honestly if a game can drive a wedge between two people then obviously that person has got some addiction problems. The game isn't going to keep you company when your on your death bed

Aha Malcolm I've finally caught you at it again!!!! You may use your pet name Dragonfly but I know its you.

Things were so much better when you just bought top shelf magazines and spent all your time in the pub. You said you had given up on FM but now I catch you here, you're disgusting.

Well Mr "dragonfly" you can kiss good bye to this relationship, I've given you enough warnings. I had my suspicions but now I've seen the cold hard truth.

Good bye forever Malcolm, collect your belongings off the porch, dont bother knocking

PS I've changed the locks also

Are you a relationship guru?

If so can you please explain to me why my woman constantly moans and has nothing to do with FM :p

Because honestly if a game can drive a wedge between two people then obviously that person has got some addiction problems. The game isn't going to keep you company when your on your death bed

Ill be defo playing FM2085 on a laptop in my death bed you mark my words! :D:D

I play when the mood suits me.

Sometimes I can play for 10-15 hours straight and not get bored and other times I can only play half an hour.

I normally find something else to do and then go back to it. Like this week, I've been playing Mafia 2 when I'm bored of FM. :)

how do you get out the meat factory i cant for the life of me do it!!!

Because honestly if a game can drive a wedge between two people then obviously that person has got some addiction problems.

Ooooor...

the relationship wasn't faring that well already and eventually the game "addiction" was more or less a generic mean of withdrawal?

Honestly, if I find the urge to play a videogame (or to workout at the gym, or to watch TV, or whatever) N hours a day, thus ignoring my relationship, the relationship has stopped meaning a lot to me already.

There's a difference between "needing some me-time" and "ignoring everyone and everything", so I wouldn't blame the game for eventual breakups.

I speak out of first-hand experience, when I'm out with some people and I find myself thinking "meh, when I come home I'll sell that newgen striker as he's not good enough after all" it means I'm not having fun...

But when I'm in good company I couldn't care less about FM or anything else...

So am I an on/off FM-junkie, or is it just a matter of circumstances?

P.S. when I give up with FM I start tampering with FMRTE for the sake of it, then I get bored altogether with the save, I start another "alternative" save that will keep me interested for like three days and then the FM folder stays on my drive for years, unopened and unused

Obviously? Not necessarily. If the relationship was so good to begin with, I doubt that he/she would've run off to spend so much time with the game.

If anything, I find it more disturbing that you're letting other's peoples issues - unrelated to you - affect you so much, to the point where you're blaming a computer game and not playing it, as if it's the devil causing all this. And then calling these people, who you don't know or the specific details of their relationships, "disgusting".

Either you're on a total wind-up, or you've got even bigger issues than the one's you're criticizing.

It will if you play on a laptop. :)

Aha Malcolm I've finally caught you at it again!!!! You may use your pet name Dragonfly but I know its you.

Things were so much better when you just bought top shelf magazines and spent all your time in the pub. You said you had given up on FM but now I catch you here, you're disgusting.

Well Mr "dragonfly" you can kiss good bye to this relationship, I've given you enough warnings. I had my suspicions but now I've seen the cold hard truth.

Good bye forever Malcolm, collect your belongings off the porch, dont bother knocking

PS I've changed the locks also

I suspect he has moved back under his bridge :D

I think this explains it all...

Archived