Possibly my greatest acheivement yet...

Before you all say it, i did not save/reload ANY of these games. In the semi final leg 2 and final i did save prior to the matches with every intention of reloading if i lost, but i never had the need to :p.

I'm playing as brighton in League 1, just started a new save after getting a bit bored with my old one. I manegd to get a good little cup run going early on iin the League Cup, and when i played Man City and beat them (with a goal in the 120th minute to win!) i thought i'd have a proper go at it in that case. I had already beaten Man City in pre-season and thought maybe this wasnt flukes and i had a good chance.

2rn7tjk.jpg

I cannot believe it, i've never won a national cup even in the second tier let alone 3rd! proper looking forward to being in the championship and Euro Cup now (prsuming i get promoted, which i should fingers crossed)

any one else had an acheivement similar to this?

Congrats- nicely done. I've never managed to win a national cup with a lower league team. In portugal, as Atletico CP I managed to get to the semi finals whilst in the second tier but never won anything. You've done especially well to beat both Manchester sides in that run.

I once won the league cup with St Albans in the championship on FM06, but it was nothing like this. I was on my way to premiership promotion and I was considered one of the bets managers in the world (won WC 2010 with Belgium) so I had players like Dean Ashton, which helped a lot. Well played on your win! Truley staggering

League Cup in the Championship. Europe was an awesome experience. You'll come in at the third qualifying stage. I had an easy pish club from Iceland then had Sterm Graz who were only a little tougher. Qualified from my group and got to the quarters and stuffed by Porto. Good money in it too. Hundred grand per round and a million plus for reaching the groups.

sure thing here ya go

207ayvm.jpg

16azh9g.jpg

Didn't exactly walk it, it was tense, but luckily totenham in general had a poor game, more so than they should have.

I was bricking it when Greer got sent off too, used all my subs, no possible defenders anywhere on pitch, had to move Mutch to DM and hope for the best. Changed my tactic to ULTRA DEFENSIVE at that point too haha

Not bad at all most of their shots being from range. On a separate note how did Chris Wood do for you over the season, I manage New Zealand a lot but have not really had him at club level. Not since Brighton got a tycoon takeover and I managed them on FM10 I think it was.

You should keep us updated on how European football goes.

Not bad at all most of their shots being from range. On a separate note how did Chris Wood do for you over the season, I manage New Zealand a lot but have not really had him at club level. Not since Brighton got a tycoon takeover and I managed them on FM10 I think it was.

You should keep us updated on how European football goes.

he's not all that bad, i've manged brighton before on this version (they're my club) and he's never done brilliantly, but he's got 14 goals in 26 league games (23 starts). i generally play him over Murray but Mphela (my star striker) was injured and fatigue is an issue at this level so there is a fair bit of ratation.

He's not doing as well as he did at start of season hwoever, he's only scored 3 in last 20 games according to his form sheet, but he's only featured in 10 of those. he was on international duty for 5 games and then with rotation and a few cup games, he hasnt featured so mkuch. just looking at his stats now though, he really doesnt seem that good, but i'll stick with him. Shan't be huying him though, he won't cut it in the champ for me i think

blooming tell me about it!

Hleb was a free transfer and i've disovered that the South African National team is full fo premiership quality players valued between £50k to £250 and all willing to go to league 1!.

Josephs, Booth, Mphela are the 3 i managed to sign, some didnt get permits, but there was about 6 awesome players in all i wanted from them

Ah Donal Mcdermott, quality player, I used him for a good two years in the premier league, sure his stats weren't good enough but he did fantastically, despite that.

He was offered on a free from man city in january and i needed a half decent back up winger, and he could play on either flank and up front if needed so i went for it. I had craig noone injured for the final, otherwise he would have been on the bench.

I w foray into Europe in the 3rd Qualifying round by beating Beitar Jerusalem 4-0 at home and 2-0 away. Now about to go up against AS Omonoia Nicosia in the 4th round. They havesome half decent players and got knocked out of the Champs league Qualifying by Red Star Begrade. I have one win against swindon and a loss against birmingham in the championship, so 3 wins and a loss so far this season. I'm confident, i've made some good signings i think. Wihs me luck!

I'm in the group stage!

Throughout the qualifying i have been seeded which suprised me, and now in the group draw i am second seeded along with the likes of Lazio, Sunderland, Celtic to name a few! lol

beat Omonoia 9-3 on agregrate they put up a tough fight at times.

My Group Draw is...

Roma

Brighton (me)

M. Haifa

Litex Lovech

I think i can qualify fairly easily, could been alot worse a draw!

I ALSO DID THIS MATE..... i've kept in my save file...... i took over my beloved cardiff city and they where in league one, but with the same players from the championship except the loan players.... i sold off some of the unwanted lads like 5 french players signed by previous management...and then bought 2 players in with high pace, the finances at the club where dreadful, and where usually i would play youth in cup games ...i thought i need a cup run to keep afloat....so i got a easy ride to the semis of the carling cup, then beat arsenal 2-0 somehow (the big teams played youth for some reason) then i beat boro in the final, i then went on and beat norwich in the fa.cup final no cheating .... im now league one in the euro against "real madrid, roma, panthianikos and me cardiff" best feeling ever

I THINK I might qualify!

5 games in

groupi1.png

groupi2.png

I just need a draw against Litex to qualify as i think i'm right in htinking due to having a better record against M Haifa (I conceded less in our matches) regardless of thier results, so long as i get a point, i'll finish above them

THe Roma matches were heartwrenching

The first one they were 1-0 and had a man sent off just before half time. i then equalized but they grabbed another and i just couldnt find an opening.

the second one i went 1-0 up from the spot, then 1-1 then 2-1 up, my striker on loan from Man city (bakambu) scored a cheeky lob over the keeper. then 2-2 then 2-3, then i equalized, ut they got a winner in the 69th minute. Ranieri got loads of stick from his players for poor decisions in that game. lol

Also, my other striker Ketlego Mphela has 12 goals in the comp so far, joint second highest, though there are 1 or 2 on 13 and lots on 12 including him

Archived