Not looking good for PSP Players :(

Where are you getting this idea? As far as I know, FMH 2012 hasn't even been announced yet. As I recall it was announced later than the desktop version of the game in the past - and either way, it's developed independently of the desktop edition. Assuming that "the announcement of FM 2012 = death to the PSP version of FMH" is a pretty big jump to make.

Patience, lad.

• SI Staff

No announcements regarding any titles apart from FM on PC/Mac have been made at present.

I'm guessing this is Andrews way of trying to worm a response out from SI about the handheld titles - I'm afraid I can't confirm or deny any platforms, features or indeed default color of any possible titles bars in the product ... if indeed there are any title bars in said potential product ;)

Please be patient ...

Cheers David.

For those that cannot be bothered to search:

Do you ever worry with every layer you add on that the complexity can become too much?

Yes, we do worry about that. It’s very much something that keeps me awake at night, which is one of the reasons we’ve got the tutorial mode in there, one of the reasons we’ve added the intelligent interface. While we’re adding in more complexity, we need to make sure we introduce it in the most simple way to use as possible. But we have realised that the game has become too in depth for some people. But we’ve now got Football Manager Handheld on iOS and PSP for those people. We’re trying to make sure everyone who likes playing management games has a version of Football Manager to play.

You’ve had a lot of success with your iOS game, is it safe to assume there will be a new version of that soon too?

Definitely. There will be another one that will come before Christmas. But the feature set is very different to the PC game, so we’ll be detailing that a little way down the line.

How important is that market to you now? Is it a focus, or is it PC first, iOS second?

We have pretty much equal focus on three of the four markets that we’re in. We have equal focus on PC, iPhone and the online market. We’re working on a new online title at the moment called Football Manager Online which is going to be specifcally for the South Korean market to start off with. We also have a PSP release which probably doesn’t have the full focus of the studio, mainly because we’ve run out of memory on the PSP and there’s very little else we can do on that particular game. But we will continue to make it as long as people want to play it.

So would you be interested in the PlayStation Vita when that comes around?

I don’t personally know that much about the Vita yet. But we’ve never been early adopters at SI. We don’t tend to be the first on the platform, we just try to be the best when we get there. And long may that continue. We’ll have a look at Vita when it comes out. I really like the 3DS aswell. I’m not sure if there’s anything we can do with that, but it’s something we’ll look at once this cycle is out of the way.

I predict that we'll see the PSP version for the next two years at least. I can't remember the last time I saw it out of the Uk top 10 PSP sales charts since it first came out. Before I moved to the iPad version, it was the only PSP game I bought.

Archived