Match Prep, please help.

Are we meant to have only one formation, but in three different mentalitys in the mach prep tactick thingy? Say I'd like to play 4-5-1, would my team have to get 'used' to a counter, standard and a controll version of the 4-5-1? Or can you just put the formation in one slot, and be able to switch mentality right thrue the match? (I've always switched between mentalitys to adjust to match scenarios underway in matches...) If you can't switch from, say, controll to standard during a match without messing things up, I'd say this is very poorly implemented. No team practise on only one phase of play per formation.

Or can I do 3 different formations, and use the mentality freely in each one?

And player roles in the TC... Do you have to stick to the exact role you've given/saved the current tactick? Or can you change a CM (for example) from box to box, to a support CM fucntion, or a DLP for that matter??

all help appreciated, cheers

Are we meant to have only one formation, but in three different mentalitys in the mach prep tactick thingy? Say I'd like to play 4-5-1, would my team have to get 'used' to a counter, standard and a controll version of the 4-5-1? Or can you just put the formation in one slot, and be able to switch mentality right thrue the match? (I've always switched between mentalitys to adjust to match scenarios underway in matches...) If you can't switch from, say, controll to standard during a match without messing things up, I'd say this is very poorly implemented. No team practise on only one phase of play per formation.

Or can I do 3 different formations, and use the mentality freely in each one?

And player roles in the TC... Do you have to stick to the exact role you've given/saved the current tactick? Or can you change a CM (for example) from box to box, to a support CM fucntion, or a DLP for that matter??

all help appreciated, cheers

You don't have to convert to classic tactics to make changes to the roles. The TC only adjusts the sliders and instructions, nothing else. I believe that if you tick off all the boxes to set the sliders in a desired position, you basically disable shouts, but this is not confirmed.

I have three different formations and mentalities that I have in the slots.

So we basically can only pick 3 mentality strategies then, is this correct? Seems a bit odd to me, as IRL good teams do cope with the different situations at their hands. Be it contain, counter, controll or attacking.. thanks for your answer

You don't have to convert to classic tactics to make changes to the roles. The TC only adjusts the sliders and instructions, nothing else. I believe that if you tick off all the boxes to set the sliders in a desired position, you basically disable shouts, but this is not confirmed.

That's not what I meant to ask mate, might not have made myself clear. I wonder, when you create your tactic of choice, and save it for it to do it's stuff in the preperation screne, you will also assign the different roles you would like.

So if you've got Messi playing Treq or DLF upront as your first choice striker(as saved in your TC tactic), but for some reason would like to play a big target man instead for your next match, would your role change disrupt your prepared tactic?

Pretty sure you are correct about the shouts and the manually tweaking though. Thx for giving it a go explaining it to me.

its up to you how you use the slots, but i assume it was designed for different formations.

Yup, I though so too. But do I really want 3 different formations when they can only cope with ONE mentallity each? What team IRL changes their baseline formation each time there is a chenge in mentality? A team playing 4-4-2 standard mentality, would also play 4-4-2 if they were just to step it up a notch..perhaps switching the roles around , yes, but they wouldn't start changing to a 4-2-3-1 just to try getting more of the momentum imo.

This is something I was asking about the other week but got no answers.

From what I've seen I believe that you don't need to set different mentality systems for one formatiion in the Match Preperation area. I have three different formations there and often change between mentalites and don't seem to have any problem.

Can anyone confirm this?

This is something I was asking about the other week but got no answers.

From what I've seen I believe that you don't need to set different mentality systems for one formatiion in the Match Preperation area. I have three different formations there and often change between mentalites and don't seem to have any problem.

Can anyone confirm this?

Ok, but it does say how familiar your team are with the chosen mentality of the formation, on the prep screne... sounds really weird that you would change baseline formation just to make a tactical tweak. formation changes basicly happens at the later stages of a game, if one needs to change stuff around, either attacking options or tactical beacuse of your opponents game. A swich like this will also result in subs most of the time. Hope it's like you describe it.

Have you got any thaughts on a change of player roles pre match, like the messi/target man example above? (yeah, I know, no one would leave out Messi, but just to get clarification ) ;-)

FuriousUK wrote this in a similar thread in the tactics forum:

Small changes such as changing the CM from b2b to dlp won't matter much at all, I'm not sure how the bars would react but underneath your fluidity will remain (or take an extremely minimal hit). Larger changes such as touchline shouts and mentality switches will alter your fluidity, if you haven't played attacking all season sometimes the players look a little disjointed when switching to this strategy but they quickly adapt, so quickly infact that it isn't worth loading up different strategies into the bars. The same with touchline shouts - the key for me is to use the pre-season to learn the formations and the shouts you want to use. I use drop deeper & work ball into box a lot so I practise those, I also use play narrow & look for overlap occasionally so I practise those too - the fluidity hit you get in evident in pre-season but this disappears very quickly.

I'd suggets 3 different formations in the slots. These are your 3 fundamental tactical set-ups. Tweaks can then go on top of these set-ups.

I guess if you had 2 very different versions of a formation where team instructions and player roles differ wildly then you might want to load both up. In this case though I'd see the 2 different versions as different tactics, the only difference is that they share a formation.

I generally don’t change formation during the match but do it before games depending on what players I have available. The three formations I’m currently using are similar being a 4-1-3-2, a 4-1-2-1-2 and a 4-1-2-1-2 but with the AMC pushed out to a AMR wide position.

You can do what you like with player roles but obviously it’s generally best to play to the players strengths.

I generally don’t change formation during the match but do it before games depending on what players I have available. The three formations I’m currently using are similar being a 4-1-3-2, a 4-1-2-1-2 and a 4-1-2-1-2 but with the AMC pushed out to a AMR wide position.

You can do what you like with player roles but obviously it’s generally best to play to the players strengths.

Ok, nice one.

Yeah , my whole point re;roles, is that I often won't have a player for player in midfield for example, so I would obviously change roles to suit whoever is playing, unless it disrupts the fluidity of the set up. Cheers

Like I said earlier, I have the 3 formations set up all with the same balanced mentality but when it comes to game I generally start with Attacking at home and Defensive away and don’t seem to be having any problems.

aight, will give a similar setup a go. Thx for your help :-)

Archived