Want to purchase a new laptop

Not sure if this is the right room to post this but i want to buy myself a new laptop so i can run FM2011 and 2012, my current laptop just wont do it, can anyone advise me what is a good laptop, price range is upto £450, my friend has a samsung bought for less than £400 which doesnt have a dedicated graphics card and runs 3D just fine. Any links or info on what you use would be very helpful. Im not interested in a desktop even though its more practical for most.

Thanks in advance

just DON'T get one with Nvidia that has the optimus program.

there is a bug with it that they still have not fixed where despite having the specs to run the game in 3D, it will crash it when you play a match with the 3D engine

Just done a quick look on ebay. you can get laptops optimised for gaming for under £300. just type in "Gaming laptops" and take your pick.

I know FM doesn't exactly need a gaming quality PC but at least you'll definitely be able to run it and you'll be able to play anything else that might take your fancy.

Ebay! Good idea, didnt think of that, i dont play any other games so im not fussed by graphics, if i do play something else i always quit after 10 minutes and put on FM, thanks for the pointer as well Vy_Low

Ebay! Good idea, didnt think of that, i dont play any other games so im not fussed by graphics, if i do play something else i always quit after 10 minutes and put on FM, thanks for the pointer as well Vy_Low

There's bound to be loads of cheap laptops on ebay at the moment after last weeks troubles.

Depends on the number of leagues.

I'm thinking of getting this one: http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Lenovo_G570_1072018.html (and upgrading the RAM to 4 GB myself - not paying £40 for 2 GB of RAM). Yeah it will void the warranty but I know how to fix laptops. It will be a temporary measure but my current laptop is starting to crank around the edges. I still want a proper desktop (i7-2600K and all that) but a new laptop would be nice (then I can run proper client-server stuff).

AMD's Llano platforms are getting really good reviews, however, and their 3D gaming performance is really good (the A8-3500M can run Crysis 2, 1024x600 High at 30.4 FPS - ridiculous: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a8-3500m-llano-apu,2959-9.html), although its processor performance generally lags Intel's low-end processors. However, I haven't found a Llano laptop with a nice specification.

If you are getting a laptop without a discrete graphics card, make sure it is a Sandy Bridge or Llano processor and motherboard - it is worth paying more for these since you won't get a graphics card, and you will be getting budget graphics card performance with them.

Archived