Map of world clubs

I was on another thread the other day which was talking about introducing a world map of clubs into FM12/13 which may be intresting for finding out where your affiliate clubs are, etc.

So just to let people know the best website I found for such things instead of introducing it into FM12/13 is www.footiemap.com.

Just a heads up for those intrested in such things.

Let me/the forum know what you think.

P.S. It only shows top division clubs for each country unless you sign up i think. Then you are able to see most clubs.

(Scroll down to the bottom of the page, choose a federation, scroll over the map and choose a country and click and hey presto).

• 2 weeks later...
Would be a good addition. You could add it to the scouting screen and have color boards to see where your influence is in the world due to club affiliations. Eg, Man Utd would be all over the world so they get more money form merchandise. Good idea that.

That, my friend, is even better.

These are quotes from posts by a member of the Dev team in Beta just last week, so it's certainly on SI's "would like to do list" although it's a far more complex project than would first appear.

I use Google Maps to familiarise myself with the geo atm and it has the added bonus of an aerial photo of your stadium (if you can find the damned thing:D) putting a street name in the game for each stadium would be a start I guess.

"I don't think having static maps are going to be that good. You would have to cater for country boundaries and that sort of thing. If you have a map of Spain for example and Barcelona are playing Espanyol and you want to display a map with the location of both teams then it wouldn't look great having that on a static map of Spain which would have to extend down to Africa to include the Canary Islands.

Some sort of dynamic system that zooms to whatever pointers are on the map is something I would be more in favour of and would be flexible enough to be of use in a number of different places.

I've been wanting maps in the game now for many years./"

"I don't think being able to see the attraction level (probably best that stays hidden), longitude, latitude, altitude and population is going to add anything. Out of all the objects we could make clickable I would probably have cities bottom of my list.

If we were going to make them clickable (probably a different feature suggestion to this anyway) then we should probably think of things we could add to these that the game could use. Things like airports (whether a city has one or not) could be added and on deadline day you could get loads of duff news about <player> being spotted at <city> airport. ;) "

An introduction to the city you're managing in would be nice. I think it would add a sense of belonging to the team you're taking on.

One of the quirkiest things about the FM fanbase was the example of that forum member who went to see some obscure team he had managed play in real-life.

e.g.

[City name] is a [settlement adj] [settlement type] in [Region], [Country]. With a population of [population number] it is the [rank] in the country.

... The main industry of the [settlement type] is [industry type].

... The biggest team in the [settlement type] are [team a] and [team b], although there are [x number] of semi professional and [x] amateur clubs.

Settlement adjective - Mountain, desert, coastal

Settlement type - Village, Municipality, Town, City, (District) City

Industry type - Manufacturing, Shipbuilding, Military, Financial

Team - Based on reputation

I have wanted a feature similar to this for some time to. A graphical, yet useful tool.

For example, as stated already, show which areas you can scout in and how good the knowledge is.

The map to show the different clubs in the country (shown by league) to help choose friendlies - Ie; allows you to pick friendlies with clubs in close proximity to you, tours with 3 fairly local clubs etc.

Use it to show off league statistics is one of my favourites though... Ie; show which country has the highest revenues, goals, reputation or whatever by colour, or when you roll over a specific country you are shown a number of statistics relevant to that country only.

This allows it to be shown in a graphical manner rather than a simple table and I feel might just add something to the game. Other opeople may disagree that such graphical additions are not needed in a game/simulation like FM - but that doesnt stop all the skins, facepacks, kitpacks etc being released - clearly the addition of some forms, minor, are wanted.

I think it could be implemented ready for FM13 at a basic level. i.e. just show world map and location of clubs. It could become more intricate for FM14 and include things such as population and so on, as suggested in previous posts.

I came across www.footiemap.com and really thought it could be implemented as an add-on to improve peoples' hands-on ability with their club(s). i.e. feeder/parent clubs, etc.

I think people like to know where clubs are and where players have come from, etc.

I think it could be implemented ready for FM13 at a basic level. i.e. just show world map and location of clubs. It could become more intricate for FM14 and include things such as population and so on, as suggested in previous posts.

I came across www.footiemap.com and really thought it could be implemented as an add-on to improve peoples' hands-on ability with their club(s). i.e. feeder/parent clubs, etc.

I think people like to know where clubs are and where players have come from, etc.

I agree with this app but I do think that it would be very basic! So basic that it would bring down the to-date moderenisation of the game. Anyone agree?

Alrite mate p.messaged you regarding business. Many thanks if you could entertain my idea. Thaks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived