Ever Seen a League so close?

More interesting question will be - when was the last time one saw the opposite end of the league table being close? In all the screenshots above one teams seems to be the ultimate punching bag. IMO SI have yet to master the relegation dog fight aspect in the FM series. Hopefully they'll give it a good look for this years version

More interesting question will be - when was the last time one saw the opposite end of the league table being close? In all the screenshots above one teams seems to be the ultimate punching bag. IMO SI have yet to master the relegation dog fight aspect in the FM series. Hopefully they'll give it a good look for this years version

I have a few times. Admittedly, one team often is in way over their head (much like real life tbh), but I've seen it run close.

Man, those are some amazing screenies! I try to keep track of as many leagues as possible every season I play, but the closest finish I saw:closemanu.jpg

if it's too small to see (wtf imageshack???) Top 4 go 84, 84, 82, 82...then 5th is like 67 haha

I'm sure there were closer ones I just didn't see, but again, I usually check the top 7 or 8 UEFA leagues to see how they finish.

Well in the 2013/14 Championship season, Blackpool won the league on 85 points, but after that it went:

Stoke 77 (+29)

Coventry 77 (+18)

Leeds 77 (+18)

Portsmouth 77 (+14)

Bolton 76 (+16)

QPR 76 (+13)

Sheff Weds 76 (+9)

Stoke got 2nd place and automatic promotion on goal difference, Coventry finished ahead of Leeds on games won/head to head, Bolton got into the playoffs on goal difference. So basically 1 point and 20 goals between 2nd and 8th.

Archived