struggling because of a bit of unrealism....

I am Wrexham guys, and in 5 years i have just arrived in the championship.... played 2 games with only 14 players on my roster, not including the youth players who to be fair wouldnt make it in non league.... my wage for the season was £12,000 which i thought okay, i can work with. £0 transfer, which i thought was acceptable, i had to sell off a few players to help the financial side.......enter the unrealism

i tried to loan 3 prem players because i needed them ..... however the prem clubs want "money upfront AND atleast half the wages paid" now i would expect this from the richer clubs in the championship, but a tiny club like wrexham being asked to pay a big chunk of money on it....its a bit of a problem

also to make things harder..... i played Cardiff, now wrexham playing a fellow welsh club would be percieved as a derby, however my attendance is 4,000 ..... then against newcastle, second home game of the season, attendance is 6,000..... i would of expected atleast 10,000+

Of course they'd want money, that's not unrealism, that's reality. They don't care which club is making the offer. If you don't have money, don't try to sign players from higher level.

Besiktas paid 1M to get Bebe on loan IRL.

exactly, i could be the richest league one side, and not pay a penny....however im the poorest championship side and they want cash....besiktas are a club who have finances which can pay that money for a loan ..... so now im playing with 14 players and having to use p**s poor youth players.

The only potential help is try get a top Parent Club. They probably will loan you players but sometimes not the ones you need. Worth a crack

thanks, i did request a parent club but the board said "they couldnt find anyone suitable"

mate why not look on transfer list players listed for loan also try the mid to lower prem teams and keep brown nosing there managers but try aiming for there 18,19,20 year old's on loan can't understand why your struggling for player's you should get prem reserves easily

I had this when I was Burton. Free transfers and the trial games are your best friends! Look at the "top youth" released each year and then the rest of the freebies. And then look at all the trial squads and scout the ones that look decent. At the very least you will get some money from selling on the better prospects. Although as Wrexham I have no sympathy for you :p

Just got into the Championship with Leicester took over them when they were in League 2. Found the same thing, clubs didn't want a penny for their players when I was in League 1 or 2. The moment I'm in the championship they want money for the loan, which is fine I'm aware that many loans now require a fee up front what I don't understand is why they never ask for money up front in league 1 but the moment you are promoted they do.

nbrethe : thats what i've been doing since i started the game, made a hefty few million, but im not seeing none of it back, i had £80,000 transfer and £12,000k wage budget.... i was spending £10,000 on wages, for a team that was i think good enough to just survive....i spent the £80,000 on a fast young striker to get me goals, just i have a extremely small sqaud.......

abfielder: i understand that they might not have the money in league one to demand any fee, but still the championship's poorest and smallest clubs shouldnt have to pay... i mean i've got the smallest attendances in the championship, and compared to league one, its pretty poor aswell, so for them to demand me pay wages and transfer fee is ridiculas

When im in championship the quality of my players is above the quality of players that would go on loan to me so that doesnt bother me.

Just try and sign as many free players with good potential. (send your scout to those preseason trial matches, check national squads and offer a trial to anyone who looks promising...) By the time you are in championship you should be able to scout around western europe so send a scout to find players without a contract.

Also go to your assistant manager report and check what players he is recommending. Sometimes he finds a good free player.

Also dont forget to check what your staff wants to tell you. Sometimes the players they recommend for scouting can be good. (usually not :) )

One more thing. Dont ignore agents. If the agent is offering a player without a contract at least offer him a trial.

You should be able to build a cheap team that is more that good enough to stay in the league and then just build from there. There is a lot more money in championship and you will quickly have enough to even buy some players and not just look around for free transfers. When you have the money dont forget to sign a ton of Brazilians :)-

thanks guys, i dont think anyones really read what i've said....i am spending ALL of the £12k a week i've got....actually like £800 over. and thats caused the chairman to stop me signing players saying we cannot break the budget

If you do well until January, you may be able to change the season expectations and thus increase your wage and transfer budgets. Other than that there's nothing you can do.

Archived