How are player disagreements decided?

Im playing FM07 and I'm in charge of Blackburn.

Kasper Schmeichal is my GK and I have a DC called Martin McKenzie. They have played together for the past three years without any arguements etc but suddenly at the start of their fourth season together, Kasper decides that he finds Martin hard to work with and dislikes him.

I was wondering if anyone knows how these things are decided, afterall, they had been happy enough with each other for the past three years.

Im playing FM07 and I'm in charge of Blackburn.

Kasper Schmeichal is my GK and I have a DC called Martin McKenzie. They have played together for the past three years without any arguements etc but suddenly at the start of their fourth season together, Kasper decides that he finds Martin hard to work with and dislikes him.

I was wondering if anyone knows how these things are decided, afterall, they had been happy enough with each other for the past three years.

In my experience it seems to be down to player personality. In my Roma game I had two newgens that got on fine for a couple of years and then suddenly began disliking each other. The defenders personal page said something along the lines that the midfielder should be concentrating on the team rather than himself and the midfielders eprsonal apge said that the defender was a stick in the mud basically icon_biggrin.gif

Anyways, the defender had a personality of moel professional whereas the midfielder had a personality of tempremental. It all kicked off when the midfielder went to the papers about getting a new deal and how he could earn more else where, so the model professional defender obviously didn't think that was very professionald and so started disliking him.

In another instance at Bayern I had my model professional midfielder tutor an ambitious youth team player and they ended up disliking each other, I then had him tutor a determined youth team player and they ended up on each others favoured personnel.

i usually leave it and let them sort it out, which usually works, but i had a recent disagreement and sent the youth player out on loan.

it would be good if there was an option in player interaction to have a meeting, like when there's a dip in form.

Im not sure if there is a way to sort them out, but to be honest I dont think it makes any difference to their performances. Maybe it affects morale a bit but I'm never bothered by it. Probably more of a cosmetic feature

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

In my experience it seems to be down to player personality. In my Roma game I had two newgens that got on fine for a couple of years and then suddenly began disliking each other. The defenders personal page said something along the lines that the midfielder should be concentrating on the team rather than himself and the midfielders personal page said that the defender was a stick in the mud basically icon_biggrin.gif

Anyways, the defender had a personality of modelprofessional whereas the midfielder had a personality of tempremental. It all kicked off when the midfielder went to the papers about getting a new deal and how he could earn more else where, so the model professional defender obviously didn't think that was very professional and so started disliking him.

In another instance at Bayern I had my model professional midfielder tutor an ambitious youth team player and they ended up disliking each other, I then had him tutor a determined youth team player and they ended up on each others favoured personnel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wish we could preview posts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dar2000:

Im not sure if there is a way to sort them out, but to be honest I dont think it makes any difference to their performances. Maybe it affects morale a bit but I'm never bothered by it. Probably more of a cosmetic feature </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im not fussed. McKenzie is playing well and Kasper doesnt even get on the bench anymore.

I see where you're coming from Nomis07 but nothing happened like the situations you mentioned. It just seemed to pop up out of the blue, thats why I found it strange. ITs not a complaint, as this obviously happens IRL. It just struck me as being odd that nothing seemed to happen between them.

As I was told on here a while back you can actually fine a player that appears to be causing a disruption to a team. Whether you find it to be a good idea or not is up to you. Have a look in the discipline options for each player.

I had a similar situation between an established player and a promising youth. I had the option of fining the youth for unprofessional conduct but chose not to because I didn't want to take the chance of him disliking me.

What could be a possible addition to FM is the possibility to mediate between players either via yourself, the team captain or the assman. Further to that I have often thought the options involving the team captain, and maybe vice captain, need to be expanded on. Currently you can ask the captain to call a team meeting in some situations, but maybe he could be asked to be more of a contact between players and the management team

What are the player personalities like? I seem to remember a previous FM when I took over Newcastle and every new game Carr and Babayaro would dislike each other. They had differing personalities and just seemed to clash, but then again as you say your players have been ok for the past few years.

I personally like this feature, but usually side with the more professional/determined player. I read Peter Schmeichel's book a few years ago and he seemed to indicate that he didn't have any friends in football and while the Utd team were team mates they definately weren't mates.

I like Anagain's suggestion to try and act as a peace keeper with the players, but i'm all for as much interaction as possible.

Kasper is a 'Leader' and McKenzie is 'Ambitious' but I dont see why these two personalities should clash unless McKenzie for example wants to move to a bigger club or something like that to trigger the disagreement.

Its not like Im THAT bothered by it, just interested if there was some reason I had missed. I'll live without an answer icon_wink.gif

The option to to mediate between players is something that I've brought up a few times and most people seem to agree but it never realy goes anywhere icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Thanks anagain, but my problem is with how the disagreement occured. NOT how to fix it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh sorry, completely misunderstood your post. Ooops! icon_eek.gif

It could be something as little as one of your team talks getting a particular response from the DC that your GK found disrespectful. Either that or a PR response from the DC.

Have you made any big comments to opposing teams of late, such as comments that may have been jokey or negative? Did either the DC or the GK have a PR in response to that comment?

Maybe there is more going on behind the scenes than we realise. Perhaps your team mates are having parties at local nightclubs and the DC stole the GKs girlfriend. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Maybe there is more going on behind the scenes than we realise. Perhaps your team mates are having parties at local nightclubs and the DC stole the GKs girlfriend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They better bloody not be! icon_biggrin.gif

I haven't noticed any PR leading up to, or after the 'fall out'. It could be done to team talks, played a few more games since, so I can't find out now though icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Thanks anagain, but my problem is with how the disagreement occured. NOT how to fix it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very annoyingly, this happens all the time when you fix up a tutoring system. tutor and tutee end up hating each other with their morale going rock bottom - usually just before a key match icon_mad.gif

In your case, it's just 'one of those things'.

Untreated, resentment can spread throughout the squad. If you're not using Scmeichel, i'd loan him out for half a season and hope it's all forgotten when he returns.

To remedy such situations, when a piece of news comes up that someone is not getting along with another player, just warn the player for unprofessional behavior, then keep checking back periodically to see if he's fixed the relationship. If he hasn't then check to see again if you can fine him this time. I've done this about 3 times now in my current career and it helps every time to resolve the issue.

I had a crazy situation, as Barca boss, Eto'o and Zambrotta had a fall out, Eto'o went public saying he couldn't play with him. Then the entire squad with the exception of one or two disliked eto'o.which is fair enough. but then zambrottas morale crashed and suddenly, Zambrotta personal screen stated 'deslikes Sammy Eto'o and Gianluca Zambrotta' and both struggled to perform better than a 5. got rid of both in the end and the squad went crazy because i'd sold Eto'o saying i lacked ambition!!!!!! aaarrrggghhhh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Untreated, resentment can spread throughout the squad. If you're not using Scmeichel, i'd loan him out for half a season and hope it's all forgotten when he returns. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sold him now icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> To remedy such situations </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks but just to quote my earlier post...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Thanks anagain, but my problem is with how the disagreement occured. NOT how to fix it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

INO, thats mad! FM works in mysterious ways sometimes icon_smile.gif

Archived