What's the meaning of the bars in staff profiles?

I keep on wondering what the bars mean in the staff profiles particularly when looking for suitable staff. I'm not talking about the knowledge of nations but their ability to perform in their role. When you look in the staff profile there's a section called "staff roles" and there are some bars that want to tell you something about the performance of the coach in a certain role but what? I feel very safe when taking those who have completely filled bars but what about those who don't have completely filled in bars? What does that mean? Does it mean they perform less or it's not their preferred staff role? Is it perhaps the level of experience? Do these bars fill up over time acknowledging the fact that they have gained knowledge and experience in that particular role?

I don't see this explained anywhere: not in the online manual or manuals of previous versions and a Google search has been very ineffective; there's plenty about knowledge bars but nothing about this. I have no clue about the effects of these bars but I can only make a wild guess. It seems to me that it's pretty important if you're looking for capable staff knowing that they're indeed capable, not just through their attributes but also through these bars.

Not exactly the answer you're looking for, but I think it's in some part to do with their preferred roles. I say this because in the past I have offered a contract (for example) to someone with 20 PA and CA judging as a scout while their full-bar preferred role was as a coach or whatever, and they often react badly to the contract offer and ask for it to be changed to a coaching role, even though they would seemingly make a good scout also. Sometimes I have to offer them much more wages than what they're asking just to get them to switch roles.

Not exactly the answer you're looking for, but I think it's in some part to do with their preferred roles. I say this because in the past I have offered a contract (for example) to someone with 20 PA and CA judging as a scout while their full-bar preferred role was as a coach or whatever, and they often react badly to the contract offer and ask for it to be changed to a coaching role, even though they would seemingly make a good scout also. Sometimes I have to offer them much more wages than what they're asking just to get them to switch roles.

If that is all then I'm actually quite happy. The most I'm worried about is performance.

Archived