Shorter passing for the team in tactics menu

Shorter passing for the team in tactics menu, i have it selected for the team to play shorter passing does that mean my shorter passing bit i picked o each player not come in to play.

anyone that plays short passing how do they go about this team shorter passing or just pick it for each player.

Not sure exactly what you're asking here but if you've checked the passing option for each player and set it to short then it won't matter what you select for the team instructions. Ticked player instructions override everything else, including touchline shouts. I change strategy and use shouts to alter my passing length and don't specifically tick it for any players.

Just for your info, all short passing does is restrict the options your players have available. A long passing length won't necessarily mean that your team starts hoofing the ball Wimbledon-style down-field, it just means that they are allowed to do this if they want.

Not sure exactly what you're asking here but if you've checked the passing option for each player and set it to short then it won't matter what you select for the team instructions. Ticked player instructions override everything else, including touchline shouts. I change strategy and use shouts to alter my passing length and don't specifically tick it for any players.

Just for your info, all short passing does is restrict the options your players have available. A long passing length won't necessarily mean that your team starts hoofing the ball Wimbledon-style down-field, it just means that they are allowed to do this if they want.

I am yet to be convinced about this.

Try it. Tick an option, head back to the game, make your shout, the ticked option will remain where you ticked it. I can't confirm this is anything other than cosmetic as I don't generally tick any of the options, preferring to use the different TC settings to create holistic tweaks.

It would actually be quite nice to set up MY interpretation of a passing strategy (rather than the TC interpretation) and then use Get Ball Forward or Retain Possession to lengthen of shorten my passing scheme. As it is currently I'd have to create 3 different tactical sets for this and switch between them, if I then wanted to alter my width I'd have to create more variations or continually tweak manually using the sliders. Don't get me wrong, I liked this system in FM09 but it was often very long-winded, the TC promises much more and will hopefully continue to evolve with the series.

I have tried it. I edit every instruction in my tactic and still see changes in play when I change Roles, Duties, Strategies, Shouts etc. I will admit, however, that I might just be imagining things if I see proof that nothing else is going on 'under the bonnet'

EDIT: Just a minute... furiousuk, haven't we been thru' this before somewhere?!?:cool:

Archived