Foreign youth player registration in BBVA

I'm managing a club in BBVA and the league rules state that i can only register 3 non-EU players to play in the league and that players who are 18yo or younger by Jan 1st of the following year dont need to be registered.

My question is, do non-EU players of 18yo or less count for the squad registration foreign limit?

Thanks in advance!

I have had plenty of u18 Brazilians who I have played. u18s are not part of the 25 man squad, so jozza800 is definitely wrong.

I concur, and same rules apply right down the Spanish Pyramid as well, if they don't turn 19 til after Jan 1 then they are eligible to play without registration. Also note that most South American players will gain Spanish Nationality with only 730 Days (2 Years) in Spain, a huge help to get more EU players and less Foreigners...

Hmm... To be certain and wanting to continue my game ASAP i saved a backup and went on holiday until the day before registration deadline.

My mexican 18yo and Chilean 18yo (both have the U19 icon on the registration page, along with the Fgn icon) are not allowed to play unless they are registered. This is true even if i leave my other foreigners unregistered.

I'll have to re-think my season based on this. Unfortunatelly it's really hard to loan out players, they keep refusing loan "contracts" from other clubs.

Hope FM12 has some private conversation option for this. Something in the lines of: "Hey, i can only register 3 foreigners and you're not one of them, if you want to play you need to accept that loan"

What are the DoB's on the two players? Because I found i had a player with an U19 icon showing up, but his date of birth was in November, hence before the Jan deadline and he wasn't actually under the U19 rules.

Just wondering, because I swear I had an U19 Swiss player in my squad in Adelante, and he wasn't registered (before anyone replies, no Swiss is not EU)...

One turns 19 in Jan 29th and the other in Feb 9th.

Actually, sorry for still replying... the league rules state European Union countries, Cotonou countries, Turkey and Russia are treated as EU for registration purposes. on FM, Switzerland is listed in the European Union list.

One turns 19 in Jan 29th and the other in Feb 9th.

Actually, sorry for still replying... the league rules state European Union countries, Cotonou countries, Turkey and Russia are treated as EU for registration purposes. on FM, Switzerland is listed in the European Union list.

Hmmm well that means that my other Swiss player was incorrectly labelled as Fgn? Interesting...

As for the U19s of yours, I am now unsure what the actual rules are, I might try bringing in a young foreigner and see what happens, all mine currently have an EU nationality as well (Loving the Argie/Italians right now).

Hmmm IIRC Swiss are treated as EU but turkey and russia are not. Try the "EU national" tab under nationality in the player search to be sure.

In Spain, Turkey & Russia are treated as EU, as are the Cotonou Nations (Oceania, Carribean & some African) - And I definitely thought I had a foreign swiss player.

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong, now am trying to find which European Nation wasn't EU that I had...but struggling lol, problem with a 10+ season game.

EDIT II: It was Montenegro, who are not an EU nation, so makes perfect sense, thought I had been going mad :p

Hmmm IIRC Swiss are treated as EU but turkey and russia are not. Try the "EU national" tab under nationality in the player search to be sure.

The "EU national" criteria in the player search will only display players with nationality or second nationality from countries in the European Union list. In Spain, players from the Cotonou Nations are also treated as "EU national" but it doesnt reflect on the search filter option.

To truly display all the players considered "EU national" I made a search filter that includes Turkey, Russia and all EU/Cotonou countries. I can upload it somewhere if someone would find it useful. It helps me a lot but it'll only work for the spanish leagues.

Archived