Dare i say i have an idea for fm09

As above says i wanted to try and think of a scenario in the game where getting a decent contract (as a manager) is worth something. Because lets face it, if it means i could have another star player in my squad instead of me getting fictional non-important money - i'd do it lol.

I was thinking simply of:

- a hall of fame for high wage.

- The higher your wages are, the less likely the club are to sack because of the compensation. and if they do sack you keep the earnings.

- The money can be accumulated towards something.

As you can this is just brain-storming, but it seems such a fundamental area of a football manager - to get paid!.... and it means nothing

thanks

As above says i wanted to try and think of a scenario in the game where getting a decent contract (as a manager) is worth something. Because lets face it, if it means i could have another star player in my squad instead of me getting fictional non-important money - i'd do it lol.

I was thinking simply of:

- a hall of fame for high wage.

- The higher your wages are, the less likely the club are to sack because of the compensation. and if they do sack you keep the earnings.

As you can this is just brain-storming, but it seems such a fundamental area of a football manager - to get paid!.... and it means nothing

thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- The money can be accumulated towards something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm...i sense this is going towards the Sims-style buy a house/car/yacht/girlfriend/life branch. This could prove very contentious

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sthptngomad76:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- The money can be accumulated towards something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm...i sense this is going towards the Sims-style buy a house/car/yacht/girlfriend/life branch. This could prove very contentious </div></BLOCKQUOTE> It could be like an Expansion pack or something?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">a hall of fame for high wage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not bad idea, but there will be some people who wont be too bothered about topping it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The higher your wages are, the less likely the club are to sack because of the compensation. and if they do sack you keep the earnings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok that one is pretty good, not so much the getting paid off when sacked (I mean, this would just be cosmetic) but I like the higher wage = better job security. Also this could be implimented if you are a club who've fallen on hard times financailly, you could be asked to take a wage cut, if you accept, this could also give you better job security as the board would recognise not only your loyalty to the club but also that if they replace you they might not find another decent manager who will work for such a low wage.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The money can be accumulated towards something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As sthptngomad said, this is closing in on sims territory, which in turn leads to buying a club, which leads back to the chairman argument.

I suggest you either clarify what you mean by this if it indeed something else you mean. And if this is what you mean then I suggest you take it back and say it's a bad idea before a wave of people come on telling you it's the worst thing since genocide.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vernon-SI:

- The higher your wages are, the less likely the club are to sack because of the compensation. and if they do sack you keep the earnings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that how it is already?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the 'Sims' argument will come into this but it can be averted so I believe it still may have a place in the game. How to though is beyond me but I think SI needs to do that icon_wink.gif

1.A league table of managers wages would be nice although I wouldn't bother too much with it.

2.It is already in the game that your job is more secure with a higher wage (and longer contract).

3.SI has quite rightly said they have no plans to let managers "buy" anyhting with their wage. It detracts from the game and affects what it tries to brand itself as.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drunk Beware:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vernon-SI:

- The higher your wages are, the less likely the club are to sack because of the compensation. and if they do sack you keep the earnings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that how it is already? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I was under the impression that if you were on a long contract you'd have slightly better job security.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drunk Beware:

Isn't that how it is already? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. That it the whole point of having wages in there now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rapidler:

would be nice feat to gift it to the club i'm managing

would come neat when managing a small club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True but totally unrealistic.

Archived