Parent Club Loan Benefits

I'm trying to loan a player from my parent club who is "severely lacking match fitness" and is listed for loan. However, my parent club (Spurs) are requesting £950 k initial fee and for me to pay 100% of the players wages.

I thought the partnership meant that Spurs would let me loan their players?!

Im with you here Dan. I started a game the other day on the default patch and got Jonjo Shelvey, George Elokobi and Kyle Walker on loan for no wages and no fee. I had a tiny squad and so had to bolster in Jan. No money meant i had to rely on loans again. However I had updated to the 11.3. patch as my game suddenly stopped working. I was gutted that I could not afford to loan a single player, for some reason Man City, Man Utd and Spurs were all asking for a mssive upfront fee and all wages. This must be unrealistic as those clubs wouldnt need the money would they. I dont know why they felt the need to change this in the patch, one of the very few things I dont like about this game. Anyway i asked for a parent club to get around it and when Man Utd were recommened i thought i could get some good players, especially as macheda was still sat in their reserves. Again nothing changed and i had to pay all their wages plus a fee and they didnt even offer me a single player out of their many youths. Absolutely no reason for a parent club at all then!

Well if you look at it the other way round when you're the parent club and they can loan players from you, you have to remember you can choose to send them to that feeder club and if they do try to loan one of your players by no means do you have to accept a bid which involves them paying nothing and you everything.

The free bit is really for players who can't find loans, so they have a feeder club whom they can send players to, but they have to pay (the child club essentially gets free players in exchange for a first-team football dumping ground).

What I'd like to see is a parent-child club dynamic where if the child club has a history of helping out the parent club, the parent club should relax its requirements for that club. Not just parent-child clubs of course - for example, Fergie clearly has a set of managers whom he likes loaning players to and hence he almost always ends up sending them his youngsters.

So if the OP has a history of helping the parent club out, I'd like to see the parent club giving them first options on their loan players, free short-term loans for players coming back from injury and pre-season friendly offers at all levels (first-team, reserves, youth). I'd like to see managers becoming friends as a result of a child club helping out its parent club. And jealous newspaper articles after a club thrashes another club with a team full of parent club wonderkids. And so on.

What I'd like to see is a parent-child club dynamic where if the child club has a history of helping out the parent club, the parent club should relax its requirements for that club. Not just parent-child clubs of course - for example, Fergie clearly has a set of managers whom he likes loaning players to and hence he almost always ends up sending them his youngsters.

So if the OP has a history of helping the parent club out, I'd like to see the parent club giving them first options on their loan players, free short-term loans for players coming back from injury and pre-season friendly offers at all levels (first-team, reserves, youth). I'd like to see managers becoming friends as a result of a child club helping out its parent club. And jealous newspaper articles after a club thrashes another club with a team full of parent club wonderkids. And so on.

Good idea.

Im with you here Dan. I started a game the other day on the default patch and got Jonjo Shelvey, George Elokobi and Kyle Walker on loan for no wages and no fee. I had a tiny squad and so had to bolster in Jan. No money meant i had to rely on loans again. However I had updated to the 11.3. patch as my game suddenly stopped working. I was gutted that I could not afford to loan a single player, for some reason Man City, Man Utd and Spurs were all asking for a mssive upfront fee and all wages. This must be unrealistic as those clubs wouldnt need the money would they. I dont know why they felt the need to change this in the patch, one of the very few things I dont like about this game. Anyway i asked for a parent club to get around it and when Man Utd were recommened i thought i could get some good players, especially as macheda was still sat in their reserves. Again nothing changed and i had to pay all their wages plus a fee and they didnt even offer me a single player out of their many youths. Absolutely no reason for a parent club at all then!

I don't like the sound of this, I'm still playing FM10 and became friends with Fergie who agreed to every loan request I made (no fee/wage), not that many of the players agreed to come.:(

I hope it reverts back in FM12.

Archived