Treble winning team turned mid table disaster

I never change tactics and I keep winning.

The reason is your reputation has increased and now your opponents will play more defensively. That makes it more difficult for you to score and will lure your defenders forward making you more prone to counter attacks.

I never change tactics and I keep winning.

The reason is your reputation has increased and now your opponents will play more defensively. That makes it more difficult for you to score and will lure your defenders forward making you more prone to counter attacks.

so what can I do with the team to compensate for this?

Don't press to high - especially if your defenders aren't the quickest around. Be more fluid in your playing style. Having your players move more around can open up more space for other players to roam. Don't play too narrow - it's easier to defend against. These suggestions makes the "playing field" bigger -> makes it easier to play the ball around and find spaces to create "easy" scoring chances. To do this you need very good players but that shouldn't be a problem seeing you're Liverpool.

I've had success with many different kind of formations. So as I see it, it's more about having the correct tactics...

Reputation increasing and other clubs getting better are two common factors. Your competition isn´t being idle, they are strengthening their squads and as you are now the team to beat you will also see improved performances from opponents who get invigorated and inspired when they feel that they are able to match your side on the pitch. Coping with pressure, determination, professionalism will start to come into effect heavily as setbacks start to occur and the team has to bounce back.

What you usually need to do is keep up with the competition and be just as aggressive and involved in the transfer market as you were when you were chasing titles. Keep an eye out for those consistent performers who are able to put in a solid performance at a regular league game against a mediocre mid-table opponent just three days after your european champions league match against Real Madrid.

Archived