The Scanland Clan

And so it began..... July, sun shineing, birds singing, players moaning about pre-season training...

After getting to know my new team at Wolves, I had already decided that in order to get some much needed transfer funds I had to get rid of some players, so out went Alex Rae for £500k and also a decison was made to let young promising defenter Joleon Lescott leave for double his value £600k to rivals Ipswitch.

So that left me enough money to buy in some players to boost my midfield after which a tidy profit was made and the board remained happy.. but would they still be after a few games into the season????

First preseason game was a dull affair against Aberdeen which saw the game fizzle out to a 0-0 draw, next up was Bolton, a much better affair with the gam ending 2-2, then our last pre-season game was against Port Stanley Town icon_razz.gif

a game on paper that I should have won by a bucketload... sadly the game was not played on paper and I somehow managed to lose

1-0icon_rolleyes.gificon_redface.gif

And so on the the season itself..

[This message was edited by Goldy on 20 June 2003 at 09:48.]

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And so it began..... July, sun shineing, birds singing, players moaning about pre-season training...

After getting to know my new team at Wolves, I had already decided that in order to get some much needed transfer funds I had to get rid of some players, so out went Alex Rae for £500k and also a decison was made to let young promising defenter Joleon Lescott leave for double his value £600k to rivals Ipswitch.

So that left me enough money to buy in some players to boost my midfield after which a tidy profit was made and the board remained happy.. but would they still be after a few games into the season????

First preseason game was a dull affair against Aberdeen which saw the game fizzle out to a 0-0 draw, next up was Bolton, a much better affair with the gam ending 2-2, then our last pre-season game was against Port Stanley Town icon_razz.gif

a game on paper that I should have won by a bucketload... sadly the game was not played on paper and I somehow managed to lose

1-0icon_rolleyes.gificon_redface.gif

And so on the the season itself..

[This message was edited by Goldy on 20 June 2003 at 09:48.]

Is this a network game(probably is just you have not really shown that-except from the title,which is in CAPS!) icon_confused.gif

And are you critisising CM4?Hope your being constructive icon_smile.gif

My first job as Coventry manager was a very difficult one....offload McAllister who is costing £20,000 a WEEK....I don't want to as I know he is class but...so the best way in any player based game is punt him real cheap. Ask yourself if you would buy him for £50,000...a steal at that price.

A couple of player teams take the bait (although a couple also knocked him back, I am watching them real close now) and I have to wait a couple of days to see who he goes to.

In the meantime a couple of Friendles pass without much info for me to make many decisions and I did notce that Ipswich looked a bit tasty in there Friendlies, so I made a note to keep an eye on them.

Anyway back to McAllister who apparently is not for moving and I now have to go further afield with offering him out but this time for ....nowt, yes nowt!!! lots of takers so lets wait and see what happens.

Meanwhile the first league game beckons and it is Wimbledon away so I am thinking a point would be ok to start off as I am priced at 25-1 for the league title. Good job I never told my players coz I return from London with all three points and a real warm feeling begining to grow about the quality of my team....

Meanwhile Gary Mc decides he ain't going and that is final so I do what any manager would do in that situation.....I put him in the team (I bet that fooled you) and he has played ok in the last two games and I have now taken all nine points in the three games played and more importantly not lost a goal YET....so sitting top unbeaten and my first game tomorrow night is against Ipswich who are also unbeaten but have played one game less due to their UEFA Cup campaign......I just love being a manager and hope the next report is going to be about more wins but you just never know....

Okay, second session is over. Prematerily cause some twat came uninvited to the game and started messing around. icon_mad.gif

Well anyways, I started managing Ipswich and the mutual goal we all have in our club is to only make a French visit to the Div 1 and return to the EPL as champions. The situation wasn't the best with a 15M pound bank loan and some huge wages but thank god I got them lowered really much!

So, I knew I also would need some transfers to make my team as good as needed and first I decided to check what players are available on loan. Some good players were available and I managed to snap Mista from Valencia, Gavilan from Newcastle, Christanval from Barca and Naysmith from Everton. So really good players and I don't have to pay a single penny for them. Then I also managed to made 2 good buys, Lescott from rivals Wolves for 600 thousand pounds and Alex Farnerud from Sweden for 700 thousand and that was it, my team for the season was ready.

My starting XI looks like this:

----------Mista-M.Bent----------

Farnerud-Magilton-Holland-Reujser

Naysmith-Gaardsoe-Lescott-Wilnis

-------------Sereni-------------

Pre-season went good with few big victories and a 0-1 defeat agaisnt FC Bayern. So far I have played 5 games in the div 1 and won 3 and drawn 2 times, with Sereni 3 clean sheets. Also I progressed to the Uefa cup first round by beating M. Tel Aviv, if I recall correctly icon_biggrin.gif, 4-1. So things are looking really good for us and I doubt whether there will be a team capable of stopping us, atleast in the div 1, maybe in the Uefa cup there are a few teams... icon_biggrin.gif Couple of players also deserves to be mentioned, Marcus Bent has been the best of the bunch with 7 apps and 6 goals plus 6 assists. icon_eek.gif Also Mista has been in a creative mood and has played good and of course Jolean Lescott, he has been the rock around my defence and I still can't think of a reason why Wolves let him go. Oh well, their loss... icon_biggrin.gif

So that's about it and you'll be hearing more when I keep trashing the other teams on my way to EPL!

Stupidity, it never seizes to amaze me. What that idiot would get out of trying to trash the game, i'll never understand. But to move on to the game itself.

The pre-season with my Millwall was as dull as it usually is, just trying to get the squad fit in condition and familiar with the tactics. About the tactics. I've had a annoying problem in every game i've started in cm4. The passing style i first try to implent never works, and the matches are dull and not many chanches are created. Then when i change it to another, THEN i start to create and winning matches.

This seems to be the case now again.

I play a 4-3-1-2...

-----------------F------------F---------------------

----------------------AM----------------------------

-------------MC-------MC........MC------------------

DL-----------DC------------------DC--------------DR

...with the right/left mc going wide upward.

I've bought only young players cause this has been mine filosofy in cm for years. AND to let owngrown players a chance, specially when playing a team like Millwall, who got some exellent talents in the team and a great youth academy for some weird reason. Samba, Ben May, Dolan, Livermore, Ifill, Reid, Sadlier... from wich Sadlier is the oldest being 23.

to be continued...

...conntinues

My most important purchases has been:

Mark Kerr: no introductions needed here icon_smile.gif

Garry Hunter: age 17(S C) quick as hell! about 70k e

Ivan Bosnjak:age: 22(?) (F R,C) about 100k e

David Bell: age 18 (Att mid C) 80k e

Tommy Wirtanen: age 19 (Att mid R) only 20k e

(and a defender R from Falkirk, don't remember his name.) about 250k e

Because of this weird passing style problem i always get, the start to the season hasn't been all that great, plus having "some" injuries: Ifill 8 months, Wirtanen 4 months and Reid, Dolan, Sadlier, Cahill being out for 2-4 weeks didn't help. I lost two away games, one being against Moncs's Wolves 2-0 with no chance of winning and Wolves just bitchslapping me around the pitch and then scoring a narrow home win.

In last nights online game i started with losing to Watford away 1-0 with Gayle capping the winning goal in the last minute of play and winning a ultradull game against Leicester with just 1 shot and winning 1-0 (Hunter scored as a sub on his debut icon_biggrin.gif). After this i thought that this cannot continue and changed my passing style, and voila! Started to control matches and create lots of chanches and most important of all, actually won all the matches we played after that.

So i warn you other lads now, don't take Millwall for granted, we got HUGE potential and the marging to the top ain't that big. And having the 2-4 week injured players back. Things are starting to look much brighter in the hallways of The Den.

Last nights session was postponed till tonight due to the wolves manager being at the Horse Races (the man thinks he's Fergie...) and so to tonight....

If last weeks games are an indication of whats to come then I think we are gonna have a real bitch fight at the top for those prized automatic promotion spots, I still think my Coventry are a definite but only time will tell.

and a quick note to our 'uninvited guest'....don't try again unless you are willing to face the consequences (no threat just a promise)

Usual time tonight and by INVITE only....

Last night was a good session for most of the other managers but a disaster for me...started off fine with a League cup win at home against Oxford then a League win away to take me top of the league then BAM !! injuries and suspensions (I know I know every manager has to deal with it) and it all fell apart. Three league defeats in a row and down to 13th !!! but in between those games I did have a nice victory over Simon's Nottm Forest in the League Cup (it is so much better winning against a player managed team) and earned another away tie against Wimbeldon. I did end the night with a draw against Monc's Wolves team (I wiz robbed) and was fairly impressed with a couple of my new signings.

Really looking forward to tomorrow night now in the hope I can change my league form around, as I said before, only time will tell.

Oh and no uninvited guests last night although I have a few IP addresses being checked that tried to get access last night. They are about to find out that net abuse carries a price.

Last nights session wasn't that great for me either. To be more excact mine away games are just awful. Being the 1st team in home is great, but being the 22nd team away is just frustrating. Just one draw against Preston (who is leading the table) and losing all other matches away... But the fact that i've won all home matches this season tells me im doing something right, then again i must be doing something wrong in away matches...

Going out in the League Cup against Charlton wasn't a great schock considering it was an away match, and fellow fin Jonatan Johansson capping both goals. Still having injury problems but thats football sorry to say. Coventry slipping down in the table is good, but the table is tight. A couple of matches can change a lot of things.

Have to start winning away matches....

well.. after a dodgy pre-season which included a defeat against the MIGHTY Port Talbot Town, the season got under way.

A good solid start saw the mighty Wolves take 9 points from their first 3 games. 2-0, 2-1 and finally a 2-0 win against Elites Millwall icon_biggrin.gif (played him off the park!!)

2 draws later I was still unbeaten, sitting 3rd in the league with 11 points. I was happy.

During this time a few players came and went inc Lescott to Ipswich which raised a few eyebrows later on Rae and Cameron were on their merry way for a combined total of £2.8m

In came Saveage(Oxford), Ward(Millwall), Caskey(Notts Co), Pinault(Colchester), Miller(Falkirk), Junior(Treze) and Counago from Ipswich for a combined total of £1.65m

Savage, Ward and Caskey all played their part as has Junior, however the find of the season has to be Pinault my French energetic midfielder who runs the show whenever he plays.

Next game was against Bradford and this is when my first defeat of the season arrived courtesy of a Andy Gray winner in a 2-1 reverse.

Next two games both ended 0-0 the up stepped Bristol Rovers in the first round of the league cup, a 2-0 win later saw me paired with Premiership side Middlesboro in the next round.

Back to league business say two more draws followed by three wins on the bounce then finally a poor display in a 0-0 draw against Rab's Coventry, in between them a FANTASTIC display against Middlesboro in the cup to dispose of them 2-1 in the cup icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Before tonights game, the table as as follows

1... preston 12 8 2 2 +7 26

2... WOLVES 12 6 5 1 +8 23 (MONCS)

3... wim'don 12 6 3 3 +3 21

6... IPSWICH 12 5 5 2 +5 20 (OJ)

9... MILLWALL 12 6 1 5 +1 19 (ELITE)

10.. COVENTRY 12 5 3 4 +5 18 (RAB)

15.. FOREST 12 4 4 4 +1 16 (RAZOR)

Well, my season has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride, I've played absolutely fabulous in the Uefa cup where i've beaten M. Tel-Aviv, PAO and Hajduk without much trouble and i'm in the third round against Livingston next and if the previous rounds tell anything, i should dispose Livingston pretty easily and advance all the way to the fourth round.

On the other hand, in the league i haven't been dominating as i would have expected, currently i'm at 11th place but with a game in hand and also the table is very, very even and with a good run of results i can climb all the way to the top.

Probably my best player so far has been Marcus Bent with 6 goals and 8 assists, he got injured for a month which really hurt my team but fortunately he just got back and i'm sure that helps me score more. Lescott has also been pretty good in the back four, while Farnerud has been a little disappointment with a low av. rating and not many assists and goals. But he's only 18, so he will come better. Also i sold Reuser to Vizenza, if i remember correctly, for a total sum of 1.3 million pounds, and Counago to Wolwes for 700 thousand, so i now have a little spare money to use and maybe i can find a few interesting guys... icon_wink.gif

So, looking forward positively and you'll hear more again in the next week.

The season has been pretty ok so far . Im 6th and my home record is the reason why. With 8 wins and 1 draw against Rabs Coventry, I can't complain. But my away record on the other hand is terrible with just 3 draws from 8 matches. The good thing is that everyone else also seems to have problems away. Only exception being Preston who dominates with a great point margin to the rest.

Changed my tactic wich seems to work better if you count the scoring chanches. Started to win more easily home but away it's just the same, maybe a few more goal chances.

Injuries are one aspect of the game wich I think is more realistic in cm4 than in the cm3 series. There's more of them and they are longer. Can't say I enjoy them but everybody suffers from them atleast. But that's how your depth of your squad is really tested during a season.

So in my case the squad has showed some depth wich im gratefull of. Only thing i fear is my gk to get injured! *knocking on wood*.

The table besides Preston is very tight and everything is still possible. I said in the beginning of the season that a playoff place would be the aim and at the moment it seems that it's a very realistic goal. Maybe to even finish second after Preston...

Whoever said this game was fun was WRONG !!!! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.....oh ok I really love it. The challenge for me now is to stop the rot and start up the table quick. I feel with the return of my goal machine Bothroyd (Betty to me) I should turn thing round tonight (bloody better !!) Really looking forward to it and hope to be posting better news soon.

Well, tonight's session is over and you don't believe how ****ed I am. icon_mad.gif Not because something is wrong with the game itself but because my players have played like **** lately. I mean pure amateur performances. Also I've had basically my entire striking force injured, so naturally goal scoring has been painful. Also crashed out of the uefa cup against Livingston, so can't be that pleased. Well, now I can atleast focus on the Nationwide which is good... Here's a few screenshots about the results and also about the league table.

Hmm... actually how do I add the screenshot? icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif

Best session so far. Not perfect due to the last match. icon_mad.gif

A Bradford 0-0 A dull football match where we could have won it in the dying seconds of second half, but no.

H Derby 5-1 Derby are struggling and we just smashed them. It was 5-1 already in HT. Sadlier 3 goals and a young promising midfielder in the name of Peter Sweeney getting 3 assists. (OJ, stay away! icon_wink.gif )

A Crystal Palace 2-1 November 30th, so it took this long to actually even score away and we were a bit lucky in the end.

H Rotherham 3-0 This was a important fixture beacause Rotherham was in 2nd place before the match. But i was confident that our attack would be too much for them and so it also turned out to be.

A Ipswich 1-2 First of all i missed the entire first half due to technical difficulties (SI, c'mon!). So i had some problems getting a understanding of the match. (whinewhine) But anyway my lads played much better than the opposition. But thats football. icon_redface.gif

My new tactic is 4-3-1-2 ,the same as i earlier have shown, with the exception that the two arrows points straight up instead of diagonally. And have to congratulate myself in finding Dragan Nacevski. He's a forward with high passing/creativity and has been truly helpfull to the teams cause.

The table after last night:

(22 matches played)

won / g.d / points

1. Preston 16 / +15 / 50

2. Portsmouth 12 / +18 / 41

3. Rotherham 11 / +19 / 40

4. Millwall("elite") 11 / +12 / 38

5. Coventry(Rab) 10 / +15 / 35

6. Wolves(Moncs) 9 / +11 / 35

7. Watford 10 / +2 / 35

8. Stoke 8 / +6 / 33

9. Wimbledon 9 / +2 / 33

10. Brighton 10 / +1 / 32

11. Ipswich (OJ) 8 / -3 / 31

12. Gillingham 9 / 0 / 30

13. Grimsby 9 / -2 / 30

14 Nottm Forest(Razor) 7 / -2 / 29

15 Sheff Wed 7 / -3 / 28

16. Norwich 8 / -4 / 28

17 Leicester 8 / -4 / 27

18 Bradford City 7 / -10 / 26

19. Crystal Palace 6 / -5 / 25

20. Walsall 6 / -8 / 25

21. Sheff Utd 6 / -14 / 23

22. Reading 6 / -11 / 21

23. Derby 5 / -13 / 20

24. Burnley 3 / -22 / 14

Excellent and exciting fight over the second promotion and playoff spots. icon_wink.gif

[This message was edited by "elite" on 28 May 2003 at 12:00.]

The last session was very good for me barring the one defeat at Bradford and has seen my climbing the table to my earlier position. Main revelation for me has been on loan Liverpool striker Neil Mellor with 8 goals in 5 games, coupled with Betty's return and things are looking good again. The highlight was the 5-0 destruction of table toppers (for now) Preston. No game tonight due to in-law duty for Moncs (sympathy m8) but already looking forward to next weeks sessions.

NEWS...NEWS....NEWS....NEWS

In a dramatic day at Molienuex (spelling ?) it was announced that Manager Scott Moncrieff's job was 'safe'. The manager is obviously devestated by this news and was seen late last night checking out property guides in the Alloa area.

In other news Coventry' impressive form of late (8 wins in a row) was brought to halt with a home defeat by Stoke. The board are rumoured to be considering giving manager Rab Sinclair a Knighthood !!!!

The resurgence of Ipswich continues as they have climbed the table relentlessly since going out of the UEFA cup. Their board are considering giving manager OJ Simpson at least £100 to strengthen his squad for next year.

Nottm Forest continue to both impress and confound as the results go from one extreme to another. Manager Simon 'Razor' White was quoted as saying 'Consistency is the key'. His board are unsure if the man's all there.

Millwall's charge faltered late on last night and they now find themselves slipping into the play off spots. Sami 'Elite' Ervasti is still complaining about his sides away form and the board are very happy with his current team performance.

The less said about Glynn's Leicester the better.

RabMohr, you do remember you lost to my Ipswich even before that Stoke defeat, don't you? icon_wink.gif And like you said I've gotten a good run of results lately, including the 2-0 easy victory over Coventry. icon_biggrin.gif

What's really helped was the signing of Alvaro from Swedish side Helsingborg for an undisclosed fee, he has really set the Nationwide alight with his great performances, 4 games, 4 goals and 4 assists. icon_eek.gif

At the same time Marcus Bent came back from injuries, so they have formed a deadly parthership with eachother. I reckon that if I can keep the results coming for a few months I'll be challenging for the second spot and auto qualification for the EPL. The story continues on thursday and I'm full of confidence...

I hadn't forgotten OJ, I just chose not to let everyone know. It's called being ecconomical with the truth and I bet Manager Scott Moncrieff is doing that tonight as he tries to fight off the sack.....

Damn was I ****ed last night, my Internet provider had some problems with their connections, so my connection was down all night. Just got it back this morning. So how was yesterday's sessions? And it somebody would be kind enough to say how I did.

It may not be cool to quote oneself but I ain't cool so I will remind everyone of what I said at the start of this epic season, "Time will tell". And now with 7 games left my Coventry sit top of the table by a point from Portsmouth and I feel good. Yes I have had injury problems like all the other teams in the league, yes I have had form problems to deal with and finally yes I have had some new signings not quite work out as planned but I am 7 games away from doing the unthinkable and reaching the Preimership in my first season in charge. Damn I am good !!!!

If it all goes pearshaped I will be back here humbly begging for one more season but I really think I can and will do it.....roll on Monday.

PS we know who our visitor is and the message is simply don't come back as you are not welcome in the game.

Well, I'm around the 6-8 places and I think it's pretty fair to say my team is underperforming a bit. Don't know whether it's my fault or the players' fault but those damn woodheads better get their act together and guide me to the playoffs. icon_mad.gif

Cause I wasn't in the last session my assistant dcided to sell my captain Holland for 2.2M pounds and while it's good money I still think it was a bad thing for the club cause he was the leader. Though, with the money I already bought Andreas Isaksson to the goal and I got another player coming, so it might turn out allright. Also Wolwes offered me Paul Ince for free, and I decided he's going to get Holland's role as the leader and hopefully with his experience and fighting spirit we can guide Ipswich back to the Premiership.

So, we got 7 or 8 games left and hopefully we'll win all of them and secure our place in the playoffs. We'll see on monday...

Also, we got 7 players in our game right now and yet only Moncs, Rabmohr, me and Elite are updating this thread on a regular basis, so I would really hope that the rest of the guys also start writing here. Come on guys, it can't be that hard!

Well last session was booooring. Ended the session with 4 draws, 0-0 three times (last one against Coventry, they aren't that good)and 1-1 once, yaaaawn! Had only one victory against Norwich at home, wich honestly could have ended 6-0. Ended just 1-0.

The table: 40 matches played and this is how it looks.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

won / g.d / points

1. Coventry (Rab) 23/+38/77

2. Pourtsmouth 22/+31/76

3. Preston 23/+16/75

4. Watford 20/+10/68

5. Leicester 20/+16/67

6. Millwall ("elite") 18/+16/65

7. Rotherham 18/+22/64

8. Ipswich (OJ) 16/+12/61

9. Wimbledon 17/+4/61

10.Sheff(qi) Wed 17/+6/60

11.Gillingham 18/+3/59

12.Stoke 13/+3/56 (17 draws!!)

13.Walsall 14/-2/56

14.Norwich 15/-8/54

15.Nottm Forest (Razor)13/-3/51

16.Zamor... Brighton 15/-7/51

17.Grimsby (Stewart) 14/-5/50

18.Wolves (Moncs) 12/+2/49 what happened m8?? icon_biggrin.gif

19.Reading 12/-11/43

20.Crystal Palace 9/-24/39

21.Sheww Utd 9/-31/38

22.Bradford City 9/-31/38

23.Derby 8/-34/32

24.Burnley 8/-31/31

Looking forward to monday icon_wink.gif

what a nightmare..... things have went downhill after a great start.. Sitting in the playoff zone and beating Arsenal in the cup, everything in the garden was rosey, then BANG!!

A nighmare run of results saw me drop to 18th, but at least the board say my job is safe!!! icon_frown.gif

The lowest point was against Leicester when after leading 3-0 at half time and thinking I had turned the corner they pulled it back to 3-3 the scored a winner in the 92nd minute to reduce me to tears... and reduce the mouse to a crumpled heap in the corner of the room.

Six games left and I HAVE to make it to the end of the season with my job in tact, then its a case of rebuilding for next season!!!

Inconsistency that's the word that sums up Notts Forest. We will go on a good run of games then suddenly CRASH lose 2-3 games then draw 2-3 games, so instead of looking at the play-offs we are looking at mid-table safty.

Look at last Thursday's games won the 1st 3 then lose the next two.

By the why i have to say that if i had got a certain mr J.Davis earlier i might have done better (he scored 6 out of my 8 goals including 3pens on thurs).

So lets hope for a good end to the season, and start a fresh next year, rebuilding a team for an assult into the EPL.

I hate Humble Pie.....1 win in the last session saw me fall to the play offs along with Sami's Millwall then disaster as the Host PC locked up after 5 mins of the play off final and we now need to reply the play off games coz Moncs forgot to save the game after the first set of play offs (which I won easily). So Sami and I need to try again and I am convinced it is all a conspiracy to keep me from the EPL....

Oh well I'll be back here soon enough to gloat or moan either way.....

/Gloat mode on

icon_smile.gif...5-1 to the Coventry and what a way to say hello to the EPL. Sadly Sami's Millwall failed to make it to the play off final but I sorted out Leicester for him in style and think he may be joining me next season (if I can stay up)

/Gloat Mode Off

I love this game !!!!!

Damn it! We really had it going in the end of the season (finished the league as 4th) but guess my boys just froze when it came down to it. Really had no chance against Leicester, we simply played like sh**e.

My congratulations to Rab and his Coventry for making it to EPL. (I'd also like to get my hands on that TV-money action icon_razz.gif)

So next season. There can't be any other objective than EPL. Mine objective this season was to MAYBE reach the playoffs and we did that, that's ok and i should be happy, but... I wan't EPL!!

So as manager for Millwall I announce that next season, we will win a promotion, that's my goal, thats's my will AND we will do it. It won't be easy, as i'm sure that moncs and oj may have something to say about that. Maybe even Razor with his Nottingham will be in for a shout. But if Stewart's Grimsby will be is veeeery doubtful. As he self said, "trying to do some miracles with this team". Good luck icon_smile.gif

Well see you guys on Monday!

Razor's on Holiday but still no post from our Host Moncs !!!! As Turps said 'come on tae F*ck man', get a post done or we will kick you oot !!!

oN A SLIGHTLY less elated note (my last post was done just seconds after my triumph) the seasons first fatality was NOT moncs as we all thought but was Razor (now goes by the name of Simon the 2nd icon_smile.gif ) The man needs his Holiday and should rejoin us in time for next season. Both OJ and Stewart have a lot of work to do but I will be more suprised if Stewart can make anything of Grimsby than if OJ makes it to the EPL. Moncs will do well to survive the close/post season as he is crap.

Hi Quedron, If you want to join then send an email to Moncs (the address is in his profile) and I am sure we will all welcome you to our clan....

FFS, I have a wife, two kids and a job, I cannie bloody update the thread 24/7 gies a break man!! icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

So the end of the first season.... a bad season for me which started and ended well, just the 20-odd games in the middle it went wrong!! icon_frown.gif

As Rab says Simon was the first manargerial casulty of the season, however his successor Simon II, seems to have got off to a good start in his new job

Rab after losing out on automatic promotion on the last day of the season played a stormer to win the play-offs with reletive ease with a 5-1 hammering of the walkers crisps team. As Rab has been VERY lucky this season the EPL will no doubt prove to much for him and we will welcome him back to Division One next season.

OJ and Elite should have had better season, with both finishing in the top 10, and with Sami's Millwall getting beat in the playoff semi's they will both be looking for better seasons next time around.

Stewart who came into the game late, never really had much time to get Grimsby up and running and will be looking forward to pre-season so he can get his team organised.

So....

Preston (P) 46 26 8 12 74 54 +20 86

Portsmouth (P) 46 25 10 11 71 39 +32 85

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COVENTRY (rab) (P) 46 24 11 11 80 44 +36 83

MILLWALL (elite) 46 22 12 12 60 39 +21 78

Leicester 46 23 8 15 71 50 +21 77

Watford 46 22 10 14 60 52 +8 76

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------IPSWICH (oj) 46 20 13 13 62 41 +21 73

Wimbledon 46 20 11 15 43 35 +8 71

Rotherham 46 20 10 16 70 55 +15 70

Gillingham 46 20 8 18 73 70 +3 68

Walsall 46 16 18 12 58 57 +1 66

WOLVES (moncs) 46 16 15 15 61 55 +6 63

Stoke 46 15 18 13 45 43 +2 63

Sheff Wed 46 17 10 19 57 61 -4 61

GRIMSBY (stewart) 46 17 9 20 46 49 -3 60

Brighton 46 18 6 22 61 70 -9 60

NOTTS FOREST (razor) 46 15 13 18 52 56 -4 58

Norwich 46 16 10 20 52 66 -14 58

Crystal Palace 46 14 12 20 51 64 -13 54

Reading 46 14 8 24 71 83 -12 50

Sheff Utd 46 12 12 22 44 65 -21 48

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bradford City 46 10 12 24 42 79 -37 42

Burnley 46 10 8 28 39 74 -35 38

Derby 46 10 8 28 44 86 -42 38

Yep, what can I say, inm y opinion I had a very good team in my hands but throughout the season we could only see glimbses of excellence from Ipswich and then a lot of extremely frustrating results. Well, atleast I can take comfort in the fact that I got a very good team in my hands and not many signings are needed in in the summer. Maybe only a few loans and I'm set.

Also as I made a lot of signings throughout the season maybe the team didn't gel as a unit yet, so that should also be sorted for the next season and if I don't get Ipswich back to the EPL next season, then it's pretty safe to say I'm a total failure as the Ipswich manager...

But we start our pre season tomorrow and hopefully it will be all good from now on. icon_wink.gif

Pre season is the slowest thing about this game. After 3 hours we had not gone further than 9 days past the end of the season. I had a shock when my cash windfall for the EPL was anounced.....£12 million from TV revenue of which the board gave me........£450k to spend !!! I was on the verge of issuing an ultamatium but once the red mist cleared I realised I needed more time to win the board as I could end up getting them in more debt if I spent all the cash in one season, so the new season will be minus the big name signings I had expected to make.

A mickey mouse player tournement saw Moncs Wolves claim their only silverware of the season as new manager Tim got the first look at his Blackburn outfit (newly relegated last season) while Sami's Millwall and my Coventry were using the games to experiment (that's my excuse and I am sticking to it).

the new season looks as if it's going to be hard but I will say now that 4th bottom will be enough for me at this time and I hope for better but.....'time will tell'

Damn I'm happy!!! That's all I can say about the preseason so far as I've made some excellent sales. As I bought Isaksson as my NO 1 goalie at the end of last season I no longer had any needfor Sereni and I tried long and hard to get rid of him and finally succeeded. 1 million pounds to Vicenza, if I remember correctly! At one point I couldn't get rid of him even for 400K. icon_biggrin.gif

Also Finidi's contract ran out which is great as he was earning 700K for nothing. And then, the trade of the summer. Sold Marcus Bent to Tim's Blackburn for 2M pounds and Jay McEveley! icon_eek.gif

Needless to say I think it was an incredible deal for me as I have better options available to replace him and I also got McEveley, who will become great, no doubt. Plus 2 million pounds in the bank keeps you warm and happy. icon_wink.gif

So, on Thursday we got the next session and hopefully after that I can announce all my new signings and the team that starts hunting for the promotion to the EPL.

Hi Kev and I am sure your modem won't be a prob if you want to join us.

What readingfanman means is you are not supposed to post your email address in the threads (don't know why but it's the rules) so by the time Moncs reads this post it may have been removed by a mod, so what to do is go to Moncs profile where his email address is shown and send him an email asking to join in.

Our next session is tomorrow (Thurs) and if you check this thread you will see a couple of league tables showing who has what team. If you email Moncs today I'll chase him up tonight to make sure you get a team sorted in time for tomorrow m8.

well as Rab says, pre-season has been a slog, but a sucessful one. I have turned things around and the board and fans are happy with me again.

Not much needed to do pre-season, however the sale of Cooper and my kepper Murray to Blackburn netted me a combined £2.2m. Stewart and Walsh were brought in for cover and depth, however Im still looking for a keeper, and Im hoping to land a Russian international very soon.

We played a mini-league tournament which I won icon_biggrin.gif a 1-0 win over Rab's coventry followed by another fine 1-0 win over Tim's Blackburn was rounded off by a 0-0 draw against Millwall.

Looking forward to the new season and confident of promotion.

Thanks Rab I have sent an email 2 Moncs today Wed & now I wait 4 his response thanks 4 ur help and I hope 2 play against u soon!! If u can chase Moncs that would be great bye 4 now

Kev icon_cool.gif

Kev, Moncs has done his back and wasn't checking his email last night so check my profile and drop me a mail and I'll get you setup for tonight m8.

Help 1 thing I need 2 know

when playing cm do I use my own isp?? Cause I need 2 if I want 2 when talking on msn

I need 2 know before 6.30pm 2night

Please some1 help

Kev icon_rolleyes.gif

Archived