Falling in love with the game… over and over again

Once in a while, I see these great posts in the forum with people complaining about some aspects of the game. I like to read them.

The main reason I like to read them, it’s because I have such an opposite opinion about the game that it’s kind of healthy to know what’s happening on the other side.

First of all, I want to make it clear that I respect those posts. I respect a lot the people that criticize the game, the industry, SI… but I come to realize… I have such a different opinion… why not share it. So… here it goes…

Point one… I LOVE THE GAME… really… love the game! Start playing it in the CM Italy version (1992 I think)… fell in love with the game… and it still goes. The reason for this… well let’s be honest to whole idea that you can pick your favorite team and take it to the top of the world is so appealing that I think it’s impossible to resist to any football fan.

Point two: Every year I find that the game gets better. Ok, at this point lots of people are saying… “Common… with all the bug?!?!? The FM2007 ME was better or whatever”. No really… every year I find the game much better to the point that if I go back to play the older version I found it completely obsolete!

In fact I try it this year! After the release of FM2011, I try to continue play my old save from FM2010… and couldn’t do it! I miss the new features… the agents… the better graphics… it just not the same.

Point three: The game has bugs! I DON’T CARE! Lol… release the game anyway! I want the game every year; don’t delay the release because of some minor bugs!

I fact, one of the things I love more… it’s the forum! Talking about the bugs… discovering some of the bugs… helping SI to get the game better! It feels good to know that over the years the game get better… a little bit because of me… one stupid idea that someone at SI think…”oh… this might work”… or an insignificant report about a little bug.

In find it… it’s like when you are in love. You like that woman… and you grow to like the good parts… and the mad ones! At the end of the idea… it’s the whole that makes that woman perfect for you.

The amount of fun I had with the game since 1992 is something that is priceless. It is something that is not lost by more or less bugs.

But this is just my opinion, respecting all the others! :)

I fully agree with you..! I have EXACTLY the same feeling towards FM as you do! - Only ONCE did a new game dissappoint and that was CM4.. for all other games, they just keep getting better and better..

As soon as they announce the features and screenshots of a upcoming FM I lose interest in the current game and wait for the new game to arrive!

And of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and are allowed to "complain" as much as they like, but for me FM is great, with or without bugs!

oh and the only game-breaking bug I've ever come across was when the game would crash on a specific date when you played in italy. Just dont understand some people often calling minor bugs for gamebreaking, but hey.. cant please them all :)

Great opening post, fully agree.

Especially like the analogy of falling in love with a woman. I'm guessing most people who complain about the game are single because they reject women for having an annoying laugh or large nostrils or other minor problems.

Look at the whole package, and realise that you aren't going to get anything better than this!

One of the things i love in the game, and i forgett to mention... is the virtual reality!

i mean... on one hand the game is very real... great database... etc etc... but on the other hand... gives us those little things like:

- i sign Pato for free to my team...

- or, i won the champions league with my favourite Albanian team

With this i mean... the game is real in the right proportion! Because... if it was too real... common... i'm a Benfica fan... i dont want to play a game where Porto win the league almost every time! I want to play a game where, if i'm good, i win the league every time.. and win the champions league!

your personnal virtual reality! love it!

fmsteve surely there must be a new file u can start???? and loving the positive, what i would love to add to the virtual reality bit is the fact you can play in league's tht lets be honest nobody really knows much or heard bout and immerse yourself into a file.... from this aswell u also form 'love affairs' with the club u had that amazing file with :)

fmsteve surely there must be a new file u can start????

I've actually been completely blasphemous and cashed in on it before the new one arrives. Reached 2020 or something, got busy with work and thought nah, not enough time for this until the new one - so sold it.

Could never start another save, my heart just wouldnt be in it

Archived