We should have to "state squad status" when we apply to take a player on loan.

If we offer a player from our club out on loan, we have all the clunbs that are interested in signing the player stating what sort of role he might fill at the club.

He might act as cover for the first team.

He might be an important part of the squad.

When we take a player on loan, we should also state what plans we have for the player.

As a result of these plans, a player might prefer to move to a lovwer ranked team if he was going to be considered an imprtnat part of the team, rather than sit on the bench or play occasinally for a team in the division above.

If it's coded in for the AI, why can't it be coded in for human managers?

If we offer a player from our club out on loan, we have all the clunbs that are interested in signing the player stating what sort of role he might fill at the club.

He might act as cover for the first team.

He might be an important part of the squad.

When we take a player on loan, we should also state what plans we have for the player.

As a result of these plans, a player might prefer to move to a lovwer ranked team if he was going to be considered an imprtnat part of the team, rather than sit on the bench or play occasinally for a team in the division above.

If it's coded in for the AI, why can't it be coded in for human managers?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

If it's coded in for the AI, why can't it be coded in for human managers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

totally agree with that. my loan signings are backup anyways.

i'd like to see feeders resufing to take my players on loan if they aren't gonna play them. i'm tired of players coming back without even kicking a ball at playable clubs, whereas players sent to non playable leagues play a whole season.

Yes we should.

Someone suggests this every year but so far nothing. Hopefully they had it shelved for FM09. If not already programmed we'll have to wait another year. Or two.

Just a couple of options would suffice: backup or first teamer. A third would be nice: "with a view to signing permanantly" or similar.

Agreed, I've often wondered why the AI tell you what they have in mind for a player when they offer to loan him but you can't.

This should also affect the loanees decisions on where he goes on loan. If he wants first team football he may be tempted to move to a team that says he will be a first team member. He should then become unhappy if not played.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wazzerphuk:

This is known and under review. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good. would be a simple, but realistic addition IMO

Just to add to this why cant we praise a loan signing or say we are disappointed in them. I know they are not our players but while they are on loan we should be able to comment on their performances for our team.

Same goes for disciplining.

If a loanee acts like an asshole, headbutts the opposing player and gets a five match ban, maybe I should have an option to at least warn him.

At the moment the only disciplining measure is cancelling the loan.

BTW great idea, Jimbo icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wazzerphuk:

This is known and under review. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everything is known and under review. Be nice if some of it actually made it into the game now and again icon_smile.gif

Archived