Match Preperation Fail

I find that it does work, however I'm not sure how influencial it is.

For example, attacking set pieces seems to make me score more set pieces. 1 every game or 2 rather than 1 every 3 games or so.

Defensive positioning is a must if you have a good side but are playing a better side.

Usually I leave it on 1 thing all season, depending on where my team needs help.

• 3 weeks later...

I frequently find that Attacking Movement helps my strikers and midfield keep possession and finish. Defensive Position can help sometimes, but I'm not sure I'd know when to use Attacking / Defending Set Pieces? If I think I can win a game I'll go for Attacking Movement, if I dont think I can win I'll go for Defensive Position and hope for a draw.

I wish the AssMan would remind me I'd forgotten to change this before the match though!

I have mine on defensive movement for 90% of the games. It works pretty well for me :thup:

Sometimes I switch to attacking movement, against a much weaker side, and also go attacking or control in the strategy. It usually doesn't end well, I don't break them down and get hurt on the counter, even though I'm the overwhelming favourite. That may simply be that my tactical style is a better fit with a defensive or counter-attacking strategy, and defensive movement helps that more.

It'd be nice if there was more of an explicit indicator as to what match preparation actually did.

I find it fairly influential in my game. I usually can't score unless it's been on Attack for a good few days, and I see a noticeable difference against a strong team when I stick it on Defensive Positioning. I almost think at times it is *too* important when it comes to your performances.

Archived