That's flippin stupid

Originally posted by SAFCrhys_keanoFTM:

On my Sunderland game I noticed a slight concern next to Michael Chopra, I clicked on it and it read: "Homesick"

He is from Newcastle which is what? 12 miles away from Sunderland at the most. How stupid!

Why do you feel there is a set distance on homesickness?

It's different for a footballer, perhaps he hasn't bought a house and is living in a hotel, which would be a bit miserable.

I don't think it's tha stupid and similar to DietSpam I hate staying anywhere other than my own house, unless i'm on holiday in a different country. I once drove home at 2 o'clock in the morning when on work business because I wanted my own bed rather than a hotel room lol.

Originally posted by SAFCrhys_keanoFTM:

Aww ha'way man, as if SI are going to say:

"He's homesick because he is staying in a hotel."

IF he is homesick he can jump in the car for 30 minutes and get to Newcastle.

Some people look to deep in to the game.......its messed up simple as.

Birth place does not necessarily mean home. I was born in Surrey, but I know that living near there wouldn't be better than living where I do now.

Obviously in this case we know that Chopra lived in Newcastle for a long time, but I suspect that all the game is looking at is the fact that he moved from Wales to England recently.

Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SAFCrhys_keanoFTM:

On my Sunderland game I noticed a slight concern next to Michael Chopra, I clicked on it and it read: "Homesick"

He is from Newcastle which is what? 12 miles away from Sunderland at the most. How stupid!

Why do you feel there is a set distance on homesickness? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because he could live at home and commute that distance easily?

One for the bugs forum imho.

I guess that the unhappiness has been triggered by his Indian nationality (guess he has declared for India in that game at least). Surely his POB and his second nationality should prevent that from happening.

Originally posted by cromscott:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SAFCrhys_keanoFTM:

Some people look to deep in to the game.......its messed up simple as. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol it was a joke for goodness sake.

Anyways I don't think it's messed up at all, look at Robbie Savage moving to Blackburn from Birmingham, he said it was to be closer to his family. There is no set distance for homesickness.

As for the Recoba one, I find that more believable than the Chopra one and wouldn't say it was a bug. Plenty of players want to move back to their home country after a long period away from home, it's just worded badly.

Originally posted by Daneil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Why do you feel there is a set distance on homesickness? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because he could live at home and commute that distance easily? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That depends on where the training ground is, tbf. Just because Newcastle is "12 miles" from Sunderland, doesn't mean his home is 12 miles away from where he is.

And also, being from "Newcastle" doesn't mean hes automatically from the closest point to Sunderland.

He could have lived in a suburb of Newcastle, and the training ground miles out of Sunderland.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cromscott:

Some people look to deep in to the game.......its messed up simple as. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol it was a joke for goodness sake.

Anyways I don't think it's messed up at all, look at Robbie Savage moving to Blackburn from Birmingham, he said it was to be closer to his family. There is no set distance for homesickness.

As for the Recoba one, I find that more believable than the Chopra one and wouldn't say it was a bug. Plenty of players want to move back to their home country after a long period away from home, it's just worded badly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My guess is that rather the code is flawed there. As right as you are in terms of rl, I don't think that any geographic differences within one nation are implemented in the game. Might be a good idea for future version though.

It was later pointed out to him that Blackburn was further away from Cardiff (where his family live) than Birmingham was. He just wanted to move and used this as an excuse.

Originally posted by tucothetyke:

It was later pointed out to him that Blackburn was further away from Cardiff (where his family live) than Birmingham was. He just wanted to move and used this as an excuse.

I remember that icon_biggrin.gif either way he said he was homesick and we can only speculate as to whether that was the case or not icon_wink.gif

Archived