Fm12 scout nationallity idea. Please read SI

Hi, just a quick idea here. When you get the option to select a scout to find out about a player, please could you have a lil thumbnail next to the scout telling us what nationallity is. Not a big issue but would be a nice addition so when scouting spanish players i could pick a native spanish scout, without having to go through all scouts..

Hi, just a quick idea here. When you get the option to select a scout to find out about a player, please could you have a lil thumbnail next to the scout telling us what nationallity is. Not a big issue but would be a nice addition so when scouting spanish players i could pick a native spanish scout, without having to go through all scouts..

erm... staff screen?

Why? I don't see the point... you can find out the nationalities of your staff if you don't already know them on your staff screen. OK if they're new you might not be too sure, but if they've been with you a couple of seasons you should have a clue as to who is from where.

Why? I don't see the point... you can find out the nationalities of your staff if you don't already know them on your staff screen. OK if they're new you might not be too sure, but if they've been with you a couple of seasons you should have a clue as to who is from where.
The point is that it makes it easier to find out what the nationality of the scout is. Yes you can find out what it is but that's 3-4 mouse clicks. And if you have over 20-30 scouts, it is not easy at all to remember all of them, especially if you end up in a world full of regen scouts. I'd go one further and display the scout's attributes in that dropdown too, to make it even less tedious (so you give your worst scouts the easy jobs like comparing world-class players).

That said, does nationality even help in this case?

I'd much prefer a bit next to his name that tells me where he's scouting so when I click scout player and it asks me which scout to use I can also see where he's scouting. I think it makes much more sense to send a scout who's looking in say the UK to look at the player based in the UK.

I'd much prefer a bit next to his name that tells me where he's scouting so when I click scout player and it asks me which scout to use I can also see where he's scouting. I think it makes much more sense to send a scout who's looking in say the UK to look at the player based in the UK.

I always keep one 20/20 scout specifically to send out to view players and nothing else. The rest of the scouts are everywhere.

I also don't bother with scouting opposition, but as it seems to have no effect on match preparation then there's little point. Would be quite nice if it was linked together.

^ haha i do the exact same thing, loads of diff nationality scouts and send em everywhere, and keep one 20/20 to judge the reccomendations b roguth back.

Kind of like a chief scout,, which gave me a great idea, why is there not a chief scout position in fm? Could automatically scout players on your shortlist? Or just be cosmetic, but still would be a good addition.

This might help if you havent already been told.

I dont usually have 30 scouts (or ever) but even 5 are too much for me to remember so i have changed their names to reflect their scouting assignments.

for example, Balcans, UK&Ire, East EU, Africa, Brazil.... you get the point

This.

I always set my scouts nicknames. I don't need to know their real names, so I have 'Spain Scout', 'England Scout', 'Euro Scout', 'Euro Yth Scout', 'Sth American Scout'...so on.

Also in last years FM I would mark their CA/PA or give them stars. So, 'Euro Scout 18/19', 'Uk Scout 18/18' and for my best go to scout, '*World Scout*'.

Nicknames help so much with scouting.

Archived