High Scoring Centre Backs

I've a mammoth 6'7" Czech man of muscle who is hitting a goal every three games from the back post at corners. Great jumping, strength and heading stats he's my third most potent weapon in front of goal, and more goals than my second striker.

Anyone else got a back post beaut?

acosta.jpg

I had this guy in my side about 10 seasons a go, despite crap heading when he was at my Brazilian 2nd division side he was great. 26 goals in 54 matches followed by 18 in 24, I took him to Racing Club when I left America(MG) and his scored 16 in 47. I had my corners on mixed and where ever he was he would score, far post, near post I took him off attacking the posts and he got the knock downs or headed in from free kicks. After these three great seasons he just stopped scoring that much even using the same instructions ending his next season with 5 in 51 followed by 2 in 49. Now he has not scored in his last 66(9) matches, very strange.

it needs fixing, last game I played both my centre backs got over 12 goals each in the season. In fact no-one else apart from my centre backs scored from corners which in itself is a bug. On top of that I only scored 1 freekick in 3 seasons! There is a lot of work needed on set pieces for FM12. Every other aspect of the match engine seems to be improving, but set pieces is going backwards. Anyone else realised that there is a serious lack of direct freekicks scored on the game?

In fact when I was 8 games into the season once in a league of 12, only 1 team had scored a direct freekick in that time. huge bug

The unfortunate thing about FM11 is that you don't even need to set up an exploit to see this.

At the top teams even with the default settings you're centre back can score 15 plus from corners. A little unrealistic.

This sort of thing can happen at times no matter what. I had my corners on mixed and the guy in the screenshot I posted earlier scored no matter what instructions he had. I have seen him score from near post, far post, challenge GK even on attack ball from deep. I just found it strange that he went on to score hardly any despite using the same settings.

So the chairman sold my monster Czech in the January window. Despite a 6'4" guy with 18 jumping, 20 strength and 13 heading replacing him at the back post - no goals have been scored in 16 games since he left. Corner bug my arsenal.

Moses Barnett was my main man at the back for Tamworth, helping them rise up to the Championship. scored a crazy and vaired amount of goals from set piece and open play! ridiculous player.

Archived