players tired

IM ipswich in my second season., every game i have players who start in the nineties but have to be taken off after 60 minutes with 50% conditioning. I have 5 start training facilites, two very good fitness coaches and the players are happy with their medium workload. I dont see what else i can do and its hard with a small squad. any help?!

could it be a combination of low natural fitness, stamina and a high tempo tactic? I sometimes find players start in the 90's but fade quickly if I've been playing a lot of games in a short sapce of time. They recover inbetween matches, but fade quicker during them.

IM ipswich in my second season., every game i have players who start in the nineties but have to be taken off after 60 minutes with 50% conditioning. I have 5 start training facilites, two very good fitness coaches and the players are happy with their medium workload. I dont see what else i can do and its hard with a small squad. any help?!

You are asking them to do too much work on the pitch.

Look at things like tempo, closing down, mentality, style of play etc.

i play pressing more with a quick tempo so ill pull back. most of the players im looking at have high natural fitness so cant be that. For the first half of my first season it was fine and i have been playing the same way though?

i play pressing more with a quick tempo so ill pull back. most of the players im looking at have high natural fitness so cant be that. For the first half of my first season it was fine and i have been playing the same way though?

Natural fitness affects recovery between matches, doesn't make much difference during matches.

rotate for a few weeks, if all was well before, maybe give them some days rest to help recuperate

i kinda have to rotate through necessity, although in player interaction the option to rest players is greyed out. its been better since i made tactical tweaks thanks guys

Is that new to FM11? Setting rest days is done in the training section in FM10. In your situation I would be looking to rest my players for a day immediately following a match.

You mention players starting with condition in the 90s, personally I would be looking at the high end 90s before considering playing them(unless no other choice). Players need rest to develop as well as regain condition, if your players never get a chance to regain full fitness you could well be looking at greater problems later in the season.

Whatever you do with your tactics, Rest and Rotation are your friends.

Archived