Five years and not one world class regen

Just wondering if anybody else has come across this?

I've scoured the world to find a decent regen and I've not found one outstanding talent so I decided to use FMRTE to see if my fears were correct and there hasn't been one world class player produced in all this time.

In five years, seventeen players have a PA of around and up too, but not over 190. Most of these players CA is so low that they will never get close to reaching there full potential, they might turn out to be average to good at best, not to mention that some of them are missing stats of vital importance to there so called positions and they're pretty much useless. Don't get me wrong, there are some decent players but nothing close to world class (and they never will be) when you compare it to your first season and see an abundance of world class players all over the world from SI's database.

Or maybe, I'm just very unlucky with the regen situation, but it's not the first time I've struggled to find any in attempting to play long term saves, which I ended up quitting.

That's quite a realistic number, really.

Players above 190 are meant to be approaching Maradonna/Pele/Messi/Zidane levels - how many players of that caliber turn up in real life?

World Class is pretty much anything over 160 with their attributes in the right places.

That's quite a realistic number, really.

Players above 190 are meant to be approaching Maradonna/Pele/Messi/Zidane levels - how many players of that caliber turn up in real life?

World Class is pretty much anything over 160 with their attributes in the right places.

The players I'm seeing don't have the stats in the right places and if they start with a PA that is to low, then they will never reach that potential. Whats the point of having a player with a PA of 190 if his CA is 70, or, what's the point of having, let's say a center back, with stats of five in jumping or five in tackling, and for the sake of argument you could also add that a player could have a low professional stat. Because of these factors they're not world class players and never will be, even if they have a world class PA. And if my game can't produce one world class player in five years, then surely the system is flawed.

Depends how old they are - a 15 year old with 50 CA can reach 200 by his early 20s.

However if his CA is still low by the time he's 20 it's very, very unlikely he'll reach it.

I agree that the attribute spread is often a bit hit and miss, but it's better than previous versions so gives me hope for FM12.

The problem I always have with regens is that whenever you see one with 196 PA or whatever, his stats are still quite low. Nobody ever seems to have the same level of ability as existing players. I've a lad with 200 PA and his stats are just dire. And he's not two-footed either.

It depends on the attribute weighting of the position (or if they're in loads of different positions it can completely decimate a player's attributes).

I had a world class DC/DM who had a very good finishing attribute to go along with his 20 jumping & heading so I thought I'd make him into a powerhouse striker to close down and win the ball from their defence.

As soon as his position changed to DC/DM/S his attributes plummeted and he looked awful.

It's something that needs a lot of work imo.

Weird, every tiem ive had a 190-200PA player hes been absolutely beastly with stats in all the right places.

I had that as well Ackter, trying to train a defender to become a forward resulted in a massive attribute drop. I basically ended up ruing a perfectly good player for no reason in the end :(

Ouch, bet that one haunted you for a while!

I never really thought about it before now but i haven't retrained a player to a new position since the very first couple of days FM11 was released. Never really been a feature iv'e had much use for, i generally keep pretty balanced squads so have no need for it.

It would be interesting to know how rare a 200PA player is officially supposed to be because i just loaded up a save i no longer play and used FMRTE to check if there were any of them in that save. Turns out theres 4 of them, seems a lot to me, especially considering all are 18-22.

I did make a thread about my concern for the quality a few weeks back, that was before I'd really seen how the regens were turning out and prejudging it by using genie (which was incorrect of me as I've realized just how much better players can be in comparison) I am in September 2015 now though and regens are just starting to make their mark, there are some very good looking ones but then there those regens that look awful.

The main problem for me is the fact I'm not finding enough brilliant Europeans and I'm finding that African regens are dominating to an extent, I do see maybe too many European regens with tiny starting CA's, more than I would expect to see, I definitely preferred the earlier regens but these regens are alright. I'll make my official decision in 4 or so years when I see the regens at their best. I'm still not confident they're going to be good enough for me though :D

African regens in my saves are unreal, i have one save where my whole team made up of world class africans, and mostly from smaller nations like Guinea, Chad, Congo and Burkina Faso.

Its odd to say the least.

I challenge anyone to beat this beaut of a name:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250240_10150623258835268_607000267_18456450_2409611_n.jpg

:cool:

id love to see more african regens and regens from other obscure places on my saves, have mostly been good europeans (from italy, england, spain, france, germany and turkey in particular) and south americans (argentian and brazil) for me

Thats one of the problems imo, there are an unrealistic amount of class africans, especially from tiny nations.

What do you base this on?

On this old save there are 1182 regens with a potential over 160 of them 92 from North Africa and 49 who are also considered Europeans considered African and 156 from the rest of Africa, 643 are from an EU nation,2 are Asian, 12 are Caribbean, 97 from the UK and Ireland, 22 from North America, 252 from South America, 69 from central America and none are from Oceania...

The number of good Africans is probably about right in all fairness, especially considering that in the future we'll likely see a lot more and the number of African nations. That figure also includes simply anyone who has any African nationality, so there will be a lot who are French. In fact of the Africans quoted there some 49 have some European nationality as well. What's horrifying though is that Asia and Oceania do not produce any good players, they in fact combined are apparently producing less decent players than the Caribbean! I'm actually shocked that the game doesn't produce good Asian players seemingly by definition.

If we ramp it up to 180 we get:

Total: 157

Africa: 18 + 15 North Africans and 11 EU nationals

South America: 28

Central America: 10

North America: 4

EU nations: 95

UK and Ireland: 9

Asia & Oceania: 0

It seems as though South America isn't producing that many top end players in this save, and neither is the UK and Ireland. Asia is just a lost cause there. Why to I specifically point out North Africa? Because I seem to be finding that they are producing some really top players. They may be a bit over the top in this version (maybe, I'll leave that to the designers to decide), but overall the rest of Africa (taking out the players who just have African as a second nationality) producing not that many in comparison. South America seems a bit light on when compared to Europe, but hey. Asia is however a big problem that they need to fix. Hopefully dynamic "importance" values for nations may be implemented in the future which would actually mean that Asia could develop into the powerhouse it should become.

It is a major issue about Asia and Oceana not producing any half decent player, but i thought that was a known issue.

I'll post up some of the stats from my Hungarian save where Africans are running the show tomorrow. Right now its late and i need sleep!

It depends on the attribute weighting of the position (or if they're in loads of different positions it can completely decimate a player's attributes).

I had a world class DC/DM who had a very good finishing attribute to go along with his 20 jumping & heading so I thought I'd make him into a powerhouse striker to close down and win the ball from their defence.

As soon as his position changed to DC/DM/S his attributes plummeted and he looked awful.

It's something that needs a lot of work imo.

This is why, a while back, I suggested that regens are just produced as either field players or goaltenders. And we, the manager, can either train them to a specific position or leave it up to the youth team manager.

Each year we have a couple of new players that we can either train to positions of future need or what ever suits their attributes the best. It's up to us.

Not entirely realistic, but in real life, most players have been slotted into positions earlier than is represented in the game.

I'd prefer it if players simply started to forget positions if they didn't play them (so that any unplayed position will eventually drop to 'competent' and not ruin the attribute weighting'.

Positional training should be the same type of thing as match preperation. Each player trains in one role above others, which defaults to their main position if you don't set it yourself. You don't really get utility men these days so it wouldn't make much difference to that and considering most players are competent at the positions near them anyway, even if not listed, it won't make any difference there either.

We should be moving away from the truly multi-positional player imo as that's the way it seems to be heading in real life.

I consider anything over PA 170 as 'World Class'. It sounds like you are not happy to put effort in to train these players. You also have to remember that you are moaning that they are not as good as when you first start the game. If you are judging them by their CA when they first enter the game, then you may as well give up now, as if they are 16-17 you have a good 4 or 5 seasons to get them up to a decent scratch. A lot of my regens start at CA 75-90 at 17 years of age and by the time they are 21 I can get them to 140-150 - and that is the same sort of level to that of Paulo Henrique, Neymar etc who are originally on the game.

How many players have you loaded? I have been pretty happy with the regens in my games (playing games for over 10 yrs), but you have to make sure you have enough players loaded.

A few things to keep in mind:

Regens are a bit more random than before, top player don't always appear in the same country every time. For example, sometimes no top UK players come through for a few years. This is good in my opinion, makes the game less predictable.

It takes a few years for players to get to their PA, but it can sometimes happen very quickly in the right environment witht the right player.

Archived