Trying to sign players (so stupid)

Tried signing Eden Hazard in my second season.. He was very interested in joining me at Man Utd but wouldn't accept anything under 110k per week. I didn't want to go over so I ended up giving in. He then later joined Shakhtar for a contract of 24k per week. I find this soooo annoying. It happens constantly on this game. Fair enough if they join a team that offered a few 1000 under but over 4x less than my contract offer and he was very interested is rediculous!

Tried signing Eden Hazard in my second season.. He was very interested in joining me at Man Utd but wouldn't accept anything under 110k per week. I didn't want to go over so I ended up giving in. He then later joined Shakhtar for a contract of 24k per week. I find this soooo annoying. It happens constantly on this game. Fair enough if they join a team that offered a few 1000 under but over 4x less than my contract offer and he was very interested is rediculous!

Maybe he (or more importantly his agent) just hated you. Hardly an excuse, but hey...

Also, as they say;

Screenshots or it didn't happen!

Maybe he (or more importantly his agent) just hated you. Hardly an excuse, but hey...

Even if he did he can't do ****! Football players may not be brain surgeons, but surely Eden would have noticed that he is signing for an Ukrainian team for 4 times smaller wage.

Even if he did he can't do ****! Football players may not be brain surgeons, but surely Eden would have noticed that he is signing for an Ukrainian team for 4 times smaller wage.

Its not a choice between Man Utd & Shakter though is it.

Discusses contract with Man Utd > Talks break down, transfer called off.

At this point there is no longer an offer on the table from Man Utd.

Shakter come in and discuss contract > Player/agent realise that they were asking for too much previously and recognise that Shakter is a smaller club > Lower demands.

Also Shakter could have offered other bonuses that don't show up on the player screen, longer/shorter contract, different squad role etc.

I'm not saying its perfect but its not as simple as the OP makes out and it could be improved.

Its a shambles when this happens.

I have a very vivid memory of the time on FM11 where i was QPR in the 20th season or something and Valencia had this amazing 16y/o regen defender. After a week or two of haggling i eventually got an offer of around 20m accepted, a lot of money but he was top nothc. So then i go to offer him a contract and he wants 35k a week and key player status, now he was amazing for a kid but he was nowhere near senior level.

Naturally i withdraw. A few days later i see Man City signed him for 100k on £55 per week on a youngster status. Thats when i stopped playing that save, it annoyed me so much.

Its a shambles when this happens.

I have a very vivid memory of the time on FM11 where i was QPR in the 20th season or something and Valencia had this amazing 16y/o regen defender. After a week or two of haggling i eventually got an offer of around 20m accepted, a lot of money but he was top nothc. So then i go to offer him a contract and he wants 35k a week and key player status, now he was amazing for a kid but he was nowhere near senior level.

Naturally i withdraw. A few days later i see Man City signed him for 100k on £55 per week on a youngster status. Thats when i stopped playing that save, it annoyed me so much.

Maybe they signed him before he signed a perfessional contract ? so the fee went to a tribunal ?

wouldnt have thought you would miss that though..

So obviosuly a blip in the game

My rep was higher, a decade of winning everything while Man City were mid table. Its ridiculous.

And to even say its a rep thing is nonsense, nobody in their right minds would ever take a 35k pay cut to join any team, look at Sneijder with Man U, they are struggling to put together a package to pay his wages, so much so that nike are looking at paying a portion of his wages to make the move. And then you have Valencia accepting 20m less than i bid....its just ridiculous on every level.

There is no rational explanation as to why this happens other than the transfer market is shafted.

Its not a choice between Man Utd & Shakter though is it.

Discusses contract with Man Utd > Talks break down, transfer called off.

At this point there is no longer an offer on the table from Man Utd.

Shakter come in and discuss contract > Player/agent realise that they were asking for too much previously and recognise that Shakter is a smaller club > Lower demands.

Also Shakter could have offered other bonuses that don't show up on the player screen, longer/shorter contract, different squad role etc.

I'm not saying its perfect but its not as simple as the OP makes out and it could be improved.

The problem with this is that in real life, during the contact with Shaktar, do you not think the agent would also go back to Man Utd and indicate that, if they were to re-open negotiations, Hazard would be more receptive to a lower wage?

I've had this happen too and it is incredibly frustrating, hopefully it's improved for FM12

The problem with this is that in real life, during the contact with Shaktar, do you not think the agent would also go back to Man Utd and indicate that, if they were to re-open negotiations, Hazard would be more receptive to a lower wage?

I've had this happen too and it is incredibly frustrating, hopefully it's improved for FM12

The problem is that software is much more black and white than real life.

When Shakter are discussing contracts Man Utd have pulled out and don't even have a transfer agreement in place with his club so aren't entitled to discuss contracts with the player. As far as the player/agent are concerned there is only one offer on the table - Shakter.

In real life the agent might enquire as to whether Man Utd were still interested if the player lowered his demands but unfortunately software isn't advanced enough to accurately reflect this.

Well if I want to sell something and the person showing interest has loads of cash I will also try and get more for my ware. If the person showing up wanting it is on a very limited budget I will adjust to that if I want to get rid of the ware in question. If they both are interested I will use them against eachother to try and boost my sale, but if one part pulls out I lose much of my space to negotiate all depending on how desperate I am to make a sale.

Transfers aren't broken, but this definitely needs to be looked at. It must have something to do with the wage budgets. Though sometimes players should go to smaller clubs on less money to get a firm first team position, this sort of thing is a bit over the top.

I would assume it also has to do with how much players of similar quality and status make at the club. Would you sign up for a job where you had the same demands and expectations upon you but only got 1/3 of the pay of the next guy. I would imagine that at key player at Shakhtar make less than a fringe player att Man UTD.

The problem is that software is much more black and white than real life.

When Shakter are discussing contracts Man Utd have pulled out and don't even have a transfer agreement in place with his club so aren't entitled to discuss contracts with the player. As far as the player/agent are concerned there is only one offer on the table - Shakter.

In real life the agent might enquire as to whether Man Utd were still interested if the player lowered his demands but unfortunately software isn't advanced enough to accurately reflect this.

Hopefully the FM12 system will be better. I'd just like to see the process of transfers being a bit more fluid, more negotiation, more coverage of transfer 'sagas' in the media etc. One simple thing would be being allowed to speak to the player (with the clubs agreement) before having a completely agreed a deal with the club, which happens a lot IRL.

Archived