Why have a string of Brazilian managers been so rigid with their...

Who would you pick? (see images)  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick? (see images)

• Alexandre and Marcelinho Paulista
    • Rafael and Gabriel Silva

Well. If I were the manager of brazil and didnt use wingers I wouldnt call them up either.. although I must admit those players are "too good" to not use.. Must admit that I'd consider changing tactics just to get them to play also..

Well. If I were the manager of brazil and didnt use wingers I wouldnt call them up either.. although I must admit those players are "too good" to not use.. Must admit that I'd consider changing tactics just to get them to play also..

Not just one Brazilian manager by the way, I think it's been 3 or 4 since 2014 (ten years) and they've all failed as managers in the end. The worst part is that they don't have any good natural defensive midfielders for this formation so the current goit is playing a centrehalf (who can kind of play as a defensive mid) and a left fullback... A fullback! Really, the hell?!

The first guy by the way, Alex, is considered to be the single best player on the planet for the last 5 years, having won World Player and the Golden Ball 4 out of the last 5 times. He's also won the BOC (Brazilian Olympic Committee) player of the year for the last 7 years. I could understand it if they had two world class defensive mids and two world class centre mids, but they don't! In fact their next best players after these three wingers are a pair of strikers and an attacking midfielder who's hopeless as a centremid (he used to be my player). There are so many other good formations, but one with 2 defensive mids, 2 centremids and no attacking wide men in a situation where they have one natural centremid of good quality, no natural defensive mids and 3 of the best wingers on the planet is just ridiculous!

Also, on Camanducai, he can play as a centremid, but he's not particularly good at it. Due to this versatility though he does get more games than Paulista and Alex per year.

Interestingly Alex is the vice captain to Ganso (now 35) and will probably be captain this time next season, despite not starting. He has only started once form memory and he's made his other 29 caps coming on as a substitute! The best player in the World can't get a start for his nation while they are struggling!

You should apply for the role yourself once the current manager gets the boot however be careful, 1 bad result and ur fired! So if I was you I will run for my life after winning the first tournament

I already did that with Argentina and got very bored very quickly. They've offered me the job the last 3 times someone was sacked! Not sure why though, I definitely don't use their favourite 4-2-2-2 formation!

The problem with Brazil is that even when/if their players start to slip in quality they still hold outrageously high expectations of managers. I've managed them once and after winning the WC and CA with them I was sacked after non-competitive draws with Mexico and Paraguay.

So yeah, poisoned chalice and whatnot.

The problem with Brazil is that even when/if their players start to slip in quality they still hold outrageously high expectations of managers. I've managed them once and after winning the WC and CA with them I was sacked after non-competitive draws with Mexico and Paraguay.

So yeah, poisoned chalice and whatnot.

Oh yeah, Brazil sacks managers A LOT! I remember with the 11.2 update, I defeated them in 3 different ocations (2 friendlies and a Copa America match) the 3 time the manager was sacked. I was like "WTF!?"

Because the AI cant deviate from its preferred formations. Look in the editor I think countries have preferred formations. It leads to the silly situation of AI managers playing their best players out of position rather then making miner tactical adjustments or leaving them out entirely.

Archived