What attributes count towards a good long throw?

Do attributes such as strength and decisions come into account or is it just a simple matter of having 20 long throws means they will provide the best long throws?

And on the subject when having 20 long throws as opposed to 19 does this mean they provide a more accurate throw or they will throw it to a more wise area etc?

Thanks.

When choosing my throw in takers I look for Long Throws attribute obviously. But, if too players have the same then I look at Technique.

EDIT: Yes, it means he will provide more accurate throw in. The higher Throw In attribute the higher chance player will learn Posses Long Flat Bullet Throw PPM (or what ever it's called) if asked.

Also involved with corner and free kick taking.

That makes sense but I have not heard that technique plays a part in heading. I mean having good technique with the ball at your feet is totally different to heading technique.

Long Throws and Decisions, I think Anticipation is important too. Not sure about Technique and Creativity as these are tied to passing and shooting but I wouldn't be surprised if they did help. I dont think Strength or Height matter even if it seems they should make a difference.

I have Custom Views for picking my Set Piece Takers, that way I can see all the key attributes rather than only the obvious technical stats. Usually the mental stats matter more than the physical ones - e.g. Penalty Taking seems to be less important than Composure.

Also, don't overlook Determination, especially towards the end of a match as less determined players will lose focus and make mistakes.

Long Throws and Decisions, I think Anticipation is important too. Not sure about Technique and Creativity as these are tied to passing and shooting but I wouldn't be surprised if they did help. I dont think Strength or Height matter even if it seems they should make a difference.

I have Custom Views for picking my Set Piece Takers, that way I can see all the key attributes rather than only the obvious technical stats. Usually the mental stats matter more than the physical ones - e.g. Penalty Taking seems to be less important than Composure.

Also, don't overlook Determination, especially towards the end of a match as less determined players will lose focus and make mistakes.

Decisions and Anticipation are not needed if you set specific instructions where are your players going to be and where is the throw in taker going to throw the ball. He wont have to make decision or anticipate situation as he already knows where his team mates will be and he already knows where should he throw the ball as per instructions. The same applies for creativity.

If everyone's throw in setting is set to default and throw ins are set on mixed then the above three attributes come in consideration as they are needed so the right choice from throw in would be made.

Determination is overally important and losing focus is lack of concentration, not lack of determination.

Archived