Where are all the Youth national teams?

The best example that i can give since i am American is the US national team. In the game there is only the U-20 team but the US fields U-18 and U-17 teams regularly.

I am just wondering why these teams are not included in FM. When i look around the national teams FM i see that many of the non European or the obscure teams only have one youth side.

I would like to see the full compliment of national sides added on future games, it cant be very hard to do. I would even do it myself using the editor.

I imagine the issue with US youth teams is that the game doesn't really have any youth academies for them to play in. Most of the newgens are at least 18 years of age as a result, otherwise there really isn't anywhere for them play (and to actually see playing time.)

that is a very good point. In the standard db the only new American players come through the draft so the U-20 team would be the only team needed. It would be nice to have them all for the people who are running a custom db, like im playing mikemagnums and the teams all have a youth academy.

Its a bit strange to me that nations that dont have active leagues in the standard db have a full compliment of youth teams.

Archived