Real Madrid rivalries with other Spanish clubs problem.

Hello,

So at the start of FM2011 it was all good but then they changed it for the patch 11.3

Suddenly Real Madrid can't buy players from Valencia, Villareal, Athletic and other big Spanish clubs. How come they changed it? It's a problem because it's not like that inthe real world. Atlético Madrid and Barcelona are acceptable but the rest? I don't think so.

Same goes for Rayo Vallecano who has been promoted to Liga BBVA for 11/12. In the game real Madrid can't buy plays from Rayo even though Real Madrid just bought a couple of youngsters from Rayo a couple of months ago.

Valencia and Athletic refusing to negotiate with Real Madrid? Pretty realistic.

Real Madrid have sold plenty of players to Valencia and they bought Raúl Albiol from Valencia 2 seasons ago, the season before that they were THIS close to signing David Villa but didn't want to pay the last 5-10m but they were still negotiating with Valencia.

My game also has these rivalries, yet it has not stopped Real Madrid purchasing players from Athletic and Valencia.

Really? That's weird, I was able to buy players from Sevilla and Valencia before the 11.3 patch but not anymore, I really want to buy Mata from Valencia but I can't.. even though 'Real Madrid' is under his 'preferred teams'

Is it that the other team will not agree to sell or the player will not negotiate terms?

I started as Madrid a couple of times and tried to buy players from Valencia and also tried to sign Javi Martinez and Llorente I get the offer accepted but they will not even discuss a transfer.

in the case of Athletic it should probably be the other way around, they should ask for release clause, and simply refuse anything less then that, if any team tried to buy first team players from them

Real Madrid have sold plenty of players to Valencia and they bought Raúl Albiol from Valencia 2 seasons ago, the season before that they were THIS close to signing David Villa but didn't want to pay the last 5-10m but they were still negotiating with Valencia.

Albiol was hardly a star player.

Valencia's answer to most Madrid's enquiries is pretty much "pay the clause, like you did with Mijatovic"

I read another thread on this a while back, apparently it's a common issue. Huge SI fail.

Epic fail! The problem is not that they don't wanna sell but that the players don't wanna negotiate.

P.S. Lord_Seifer have you EVER followed Spanish,Italian,Portugese,English,German etc... transfers?

Valencia's answer to most Madrid's enquiries is pretty much "pay the clause, like you did with Mijatovic"

Neuer to Bayern?Inzaghi to Milan?Vieri to Inter?Cannavaro to Juve?Zlatan and Viera to Inter?Pirlo to Milan?Pirlo to Juve?Abbiati loan to Juve?Vucinic to Juve?Figo to Madrid?Clichy to City?Campbell to Tottenham?Should i continue?

PS. Keep in mind that Mata is a Real Madrid youngster.

Is it that the other team will not agree to sell or the player will not negotiate terms?

I started as Madrid a couple of times and tried to buy players from Valencia and also tried to sign Javi Martinez and Llorente I get the offer accepted but they will not even discuss a transfer.

It's the player who doesn't want to negotiate BECAUSE of the team he currently plays for (Valencia or Athletic). I tried to sign Javi Martinez from Athletic too and offer was accepted but he didn't want to negotiate with me. However one season later I tried again and this time he actually negotiated and I bought him because he was playing for Getafe and not Athletic. So it's the players who don't want to/CAN'T negotiate with Real Madrid as long as they're playing for Athletic/Valencia and so on.

At that time he was a very important player and very promising player, obviously not as much as Villa and Silva but he still was very important.

It's the player who doesn't want to negotiate BECAUSE of the team he currently plays for (Valencia or Athletic). I tried to sign Javi Martinez from Athletic too and offer was accepted but he didn't want to negotiate with me. However one season later I tried again and this time he actually negotiated and I bought him because he was playing for Getafe and not Athletic. So it's the players who don't want to/CAN'T negotiate with Real Madrid as long as they're playing for Athletic/Valencia and so on.

True.And SI have acknowledged it.

Archived