Squad value

I'm trying to balance my squad out and need a good idea of figures so I'm just wondering how many players are in your first team squad? And if you add up (if you have the time..) the value of each of your player what does your squad total come too? And how are you doing in the current competition(s) you're in.

I have 26 players with a total of £184,000,000.

I've currently finished the League 8 points behind City on 87 points scoring 90 goals and conceding 31.

Also in the FA Cup Final vs Arsenal looking for my 4th FA Cup in 5 years and the Champions League final against Inter for my 3rd in 3 years.

Why does it matter what your squad value is?

It is in no way relevant to the quality of the squad and their performances on the pitch.

In terms of size I usually aim for around 24/25 with promising youth players being used in case of emergency.

Yes it does. The squad value can reflect on how well you're doing in competitions for example, a squad value of around £45,000,000 wouldn't excactly be in the same place I am right now that's why I'm interested in knowing the value of a squad and how it reflects on where they're currently at in competitions.

Squad value doesn't have much relevance. If I have a team of 30+ year olds on short deals that have won the league for the last 5 years they still won't be worth as much as a group of 20-25 y/o's.

To answer your question:

20-23 players (some are youth but they are part of my overall squad) - 150M.

2nd in Prem last year, probably a year or 2 away from consistently winning everything.

The English big boys on my save are between 150-175M squad value.

I have tycoon owners, so I can basically spend what I like (not that I do). Once the slider has been adjusted my transfer budget is usually about £200m.

To be honest, I don't need the money. It was great for getting the squad together, but now I'm happy with my squad the money just sits there doing nothing.

Archived