My network game keeps crashing??

Title says it all really, i have had no problems playing the game on its own (11.0.0) but when i play a network game with my brother is has crashed both times a couple of weeks into preseason (im not sure if it was actually on the same date but it was around about the same time). An error message appears - Football manager 2011 11.0.0f151865.

I dont think it needs reinstalling because as I said it is only happening on the network game in which I am server. Even so I had reinstalled it anyway through the disk because i wanted to get rid of the patches that Steam auto updates. The error appears in the crash dumps sections and i remember a few people having similar problems when it first came out and is it something to do with that? I am reluctant to download patches because i feel they make the game easier but obviously if i have to in order to make sure the network game works i will. Is this the problem? Again i can play a solo game just fine so i dont think it is? Any help greatly appreciated!

The FM11 patches do not make the game easier, they only fix bugs. Patching up to the latest version is certainly worth a try as you may be running into a crash bug that has been fixed.

I thought similar but when looking at some of the improvements there is stuff that obviously makes the game easier , such as improving finishing when placing shots and underhit passes and such. The amount of people i have seen on the team guides who do so much better on 11.3 leads me to believe it must be easier. TO be fair i think i should trust SI to decide what is more realistic and those things, even though they make it easier are actually fixing wrongs. This leads to another question actually, if i install the latest patch, even if i choose the default database when setting up a new game ( i dont want january signings) will the fixes on the 11.3 still be implemented? Because on that box when clicking a new game it says choose database, not the actual patch?

are you both using the same game, or did you buy seperate versions?

Managed to get it working cheers guys, installed the patch as advised and all is fine!

Yeah Carmi my brother bought a different copy for when he is at uni.

Archived