Places shots or shoots with power?

i have a very talented striker which is scoring quite frequently, still, he is missing some chances as he sometimes shoots them on the keeper, however, those that he scores, are mostly from dribbling his marker and finishing with power since he has rounds keeper, kicks ball past opponents, and is now learning runs with ball often. Some of his goals are from weak, accurate shots, but usually only after dribbling the keeper.

however, im not sure if he should learn places shots, or shoots with power, since most of his goals are from blasting the ball, but would this actually make him miss more chances like blasting them over the goal or too wide? Since he has high composure and finishing, would it be a good idea?

dsonprofileattributes.png

dsontrainingoverview.png

Actually I agree with fyrros, I take back what I said, he's scoring so why bother?

If you have him place shots it's going to be unbeneficial for you as it will weaken his shots and thinking about it he doesn't have the decisions for it, I'm not sure he has the technique or long shots to be brilliant with powerful shots though.

I think he's better off without either now.

Shoot with power for every other situation; however, based on my experience, it has a lower accuracy than placing shot.

Not to be annoying, but I think that BLASTING a ball will ALWAYS have a lower accuracy than PLACING a ball ;)

I wouldn't teach him anything. Let him choose how he wants to finish. He will score 9/10 times anyway with those attributes.

I also wouldnt teach him Runs With Ball Often because you want him to break offside trap receive the ball and send it into the net. Unlearn Argues With Officials as well.

Work on his Finishing and Technique until he turns 24 and then work on his Off The Ball Movement, Anticipation and Decisions.

Archived